Target Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 5, 2017

260 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Very quick interview. First part was just making sure all of the information I had provided earlier had not changed and then going over which location I would like to be put in. The next part was 4 behavioral questions and that left some time for me to ask questions at the end. I heard back very quickly, within a week. Note, they have you fill out a logic and personality test before your interview online, the personality test is kind of weird with no "right" answer clear which suggests they're really measuring your personality and how you would fit into Target.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about a time when you had to use multiple sources of information to solve a problem/develop a recommendation.
      2. Tell me about a time when someone was really dependent on the outcome of a project or task that you worked on.
      3. Tell me about a time when the requirements of a project were different than you initially expected.
      4.Tell me about a time when you had to develop a strategy or recommendation.   Answer Question

Application

I interviewed at Target in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my university, had a 30 minute on campus interview and called back 2 days later for a office visit (corporate office, minneapolis). All day event, met other interviewees from out of state, tour of minneapolis, lunch, and two 30 minutes interviews.

Interview Questions

• Similar questions to those asked during the first round interviews. Name a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online through the university career services. Application required a resume and a cover letter. Had to take multiple assessments around 90 minutes each that were math and personality based. After completing these assessments there was a 30 minute on campus interview. In the interview all questions asked were behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you needed to use multiple sources of data to answer a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2015.

Interview

My interview was a 1 on 1 interview and mostly behavioral questions. They want you to answer in the STAR method. My interviewer was very friendly and it felt like a conversational.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Everything is very well organized and very structured. It is done round robin style, with several other candidates interviewing at the same time. They give you a lot of information about the teams and culture and what the training experience would look like. Overall is was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• What is the most common developmental feedback you get?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Great Interview Process. Paired interviews throughout the process. There was a phone interview and several onsite interviews. Everyone was very kind and was respectful of time. Responses back from HR were very quick and the processed went smoothly

Merchandise Planning Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Went through the referral hiring process. Had one get to know you interview and the second was behavioral based questions. Along with the second interview was a personality and quantitative assessment. You must pass the second interview and both assessments in order to get the last two interviews, which is an all day event at their Corporate headquarters. This consisted of a Business Analyst panel, networking with BA's and Buyers, two interviews with Buyers, and a tour. It takes up to three weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you gave someone advice or feedback.   Answer Question

Interview

fairly straight forward, SBO based questions. HR will do it in a three round interview style. the first round consists of general get to know your background style questions with a few SBO questions. a week later you will take a test and go through another round of mainly SBO questions. if you make it to the third round you will interview in person with 2 senior buyers and/or directors at HQ in Minneapolis. overall a pretty straightforward interview process. research the company, research SBO format, have 5-6 GREAT examples of things you experienced/did/lead and be able to apply them in multiple different ways. If you do that then you should be a great fit for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it? what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Just one casual interview with behavioral questions. My interviewer was a nice lady that wanted to see what I knew about the company. Then she talked to me about the company and what she does and how she got there.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

phone interview and emails between myself and the recruiter. very straightforward. applied online and was contacted by a recruiter. Very personable and a joy to speak with. seems like a great company to work for.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions -- most of the questions you can google and see ahead of time to get a general idea of what is going to be asked   Answer Question