Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.1

300 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Interview

It was a very short and easy hiring process - 2 weeks. I went through two rounds of interviews with mid level associates to the exec of the team i was applying to. They asked me very short and simple questions and then I had a brief and easy writing test.

Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Target in January 2015.

Interview

After submitting my application, I had a phone interview with a recruiter. About 2 weeks later, I had an in-person interview with a store manager. After another two weeks, I had another in-person interview with the district manager. A week later, I was offered the position.
    Be sure to prepare a few sentences to respond to "Tell me about yourself" describing your education, past leadership experiences, community/ campus involvement and how that ties into Target. Research "STAR Method Interview Questions" because those are the types of interview questions that Target uses.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to lead a team through a difficult task. What was your plan, how did you execute it, and how did your team react.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation that you were in or the task that you needed to accomplish. You
      must describe a specific event or situation, not a generalized description of what you have done in the past. Be sure to give enough detail for the interviewer to understand.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you delegated a project effectively.   Answer Question
    • Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did
      not agree.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I believe target has a 3-5 round interview session. They also have an online evaluation test. The test is quite difficult and long. My advice would be to come very prepared. Make sure you study the star method and know an answer for most of the common behavioral interview questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

There were a total of three interviews, one phone interview which lasted about 5-10 minutes, another at a target store with a store team leader, and finally with a district manager. The phone interview was very short and consisted of basic questions such as tell me about yourself and tell me about a time you made a mistake. They mainly ask behavioral based questions and use the star method (situation, task, analysis, result). Be sure to hit every one of these points and be clear and organized in your answers.

They are looking for people with leadership qualities and someone who can work/communicate well with others. Show them you are a team player.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you did something that had a great impact.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Went to a career fair where I talked to one of the HR people. Was offered an opportunity to interview with them the next morning. The overall interview was a little different then what I'm use to, they will write while you sit there and talk and not actually look at you in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to step up into a leadership position.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewed on campus for the Business Analyst role. One round only. Had dinner prior to interview which thought flowed well. All behavioral questions - one case study relative to stocking Target in college town. Make sure you are able to elaborate on your resume points and have questions ready for the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you had to learn from someone higher up?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Iowa City, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral. Clearly they evaluated on the STAR scale. They repeat questions in each interview so be sure to know how you answered the questions before. They write down your answers. Mingle with the interns that are in the waiting room with you. Pretty sure they ask them if you were personable. Have to really show that you're Target's #1 fan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview. Interviewers were extremely friendly and encouraging. Made the interview process run a lot more smoothly. It did not take more than a hour -- probably forty minutes tops.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

really relaxed. they were super helpful with question clarification. All questions were situation based. the interviewers were very personable and it was a great talk. they asked how school was going and i did not even realize it was time to finish up the interview when we finished.

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview but before that I had to take a math test online which was pretty hard and some other questions. After my low stress phone interview I was brought in for a plant tour and had two separate interviews after that.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you made a mistake as a leader and how did you react?   Answer Question