Target Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,632 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Lansing, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

Went to Customer Service Desk, checked in with an employee and mentioned I was there for an interview. I was told to sit in the Starbucks (most targets have one or a food service). Then the person interviewing me found me and introduced herself, and we walked to her office in the back of the store. There were 3 parts tot the interview. The 3rd part was meeting with the team manager, where I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Describe your most recent experiences. Why do you want to work for target? Familiar with the Target card and app? Situational questions: Skills, Behavioral, and typical situational interview questions.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied to target online and got a callback a day later. asked basic questions like availability, why do you wanna work at target, etc then set up an interview.
    the first interview was 4 questions mostly behavioral questions. so when they ask you these lay out the situation the task and how did you complete the task and the outcome. make sure you smile and you are confident. got a second interview and basically asked the same questions then got a third interview which was a meet and greet telling me i got hired. process took about a week and a half. remember to smile be confident and relax.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

They call you first for a on the phone interview than call you for a in person interview. After that I got hired it was pretty easy .. nothing else that's all

Interview Questions

• What your strongest trait?   1 Answer

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Blue Ash, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied as a Cashier on Target’s website for the Blue Ash location. I received a call from HR in a little less than a week to schedule an interview. There was a very brief screening during the call about why I wanted to work for Target and why I would be a good fit.

The first interview took place about an hour after the call. The second interview was about 10 minutes after the first. Both interviews were very similar. The first question for both was to talk about myself (interviewers paid close attention to how I presented myself). Then there were typical interview questions about how you handled certain situations.

During the second interview, the interviewer explained that they thought I would be a better fit in Electronics based on my interests. I was hired as an Electronics Sales Associate.

The orientation took place a few days later in time for Target to complete the background check. Orientation was about 4 hours long. Definitely not boring.

I was clocking in the next day.

The entire process was quick and positive. Highly recommend.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrieta, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Murrieta, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then my manager friend asked HR to pull my application. About 5 days later I was called to schedule a phone interview. The interview was about 8 questions. The first four were general questions like "Why do you want to work for target?" "Tell me one of your greatest strengths." Then the next four were situational questions. I was called about four days later to schedule a second in person interview. This interview was very similar with a few general questions followed by a few situational questions. I was told I would be called by the end of the day with an answer either way. However, I wasn't called until two days later. I was offered employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to stand up for yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time a bigger, more important task came up and interrupted a smaller task you were currently working on.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your customer service experience.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up a interview date. Once there it was fairly easy and simple with two different interviewers, one with the team lead and the other with the executive team lead. The interview process overall took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing your former employer would say you needed to improve on?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I let the the lady at Guest Service know I was there for my interview and she had me wait at the Cafe until someone came to get me. About ten minutes later I went back to the interview office with a Team Leader and went through the questions. They were fairly easy and most all of them were situational questions. I was told to wait in the office and that I was going to get a second interview right then. A different Team Leader came in and asked me basically the same questions but worded differently. Then I was offered the job on the spot and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to work with someone who you disagreed with and how did you solve your issues?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Pasco, WA).

Interview

Interview process was easy. The interviewer made me feel welcomed and comfortable opening up to her instantly. Was only asked about 8 questions. 4 about scenarios in the work place and 4 about myself.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They follow the STAR interviewing method by asking a "tell me about a time" where they want to know the Situation, Task, Action, Result. They want to know details and specifics so it's best not to summarize.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saugus, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saugus, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by Softlines Team Leader. She was super nice and easy to talk to. We just chat a little and then she asked me few standard questions from a sheet and noted my answers. 10 minutes later I was interviewed by one of Executive Team Leaders. The process was the same, a little chat and then about 5 questions from a sheet. He noted my answers on the paper. I was then offered a job.