Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,506 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,506 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They had us all wait in a room next to the break room to be called in one at a time. It was a bit of a long wait, but nothing I wasn't used to. Once I was called, I was brought into a room with a manager and asked pretty simple questions. Don't be afraid to make some things up, especially if this is your first job. Make sure to memorize the REDcard promotions and tell them that you are completely confident selling them to people. This is all they care about. Have a good attitude and flexible schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Tulsa, OK).

Interview

A manager asked situational type questions off a paper and wrote down your answer nothing personal what so ever, they then give those papers to the manager in charge of hiring, so you never even get to speak to that manager unless youre hired. Its about as personal as what you fill out online but someone writes it down instead.

Interview Questions

• If i asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is your worst quality/area you need to improve in?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when your attitude changed the mood of an entire group   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you showed responsibility by asking someone of higher authority than you for help   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Rocklin, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied on their website, about a week or two later I received a phone call from an ETL who performed a small cursory interview and set up a time and date for a second phone interview which was about 3 days later. They asked questions with expectations of a 'situation, the behavior I exhibited, and the outcome' (the interviewer was laid back and even told me as such) on the phone interview. After that 2nd interview, which went well, they called me almost within 20 minutes to set up an in-person interview the following Monday (since the phone interview was on a Friday). That Monday was another cursory interview with another ETL who asked me more questions, and then once that was done I was taken to a small room where the first ETL I'd spoken with on the phone came in and offered me the job. From there, I had 24 hours to complete the background check by signing into their site a certain way and getting the questionnaire completed for that. After about 2 days, I got a call and an email that Wednesday about orientation on Thursday. They really look for people with bubbly personalities, cheerful optimism, and a passion for excellent customer service. Customer satisfaction is everything to Target.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I was taken away from a task.   1 Answer
    • Name a time where I disagreed with a coworker.   1 Answer
    • Name a time when I used my personality to change a situation.   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time where I exceeded my supervisor's expectations.   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time when I dealt with an upset customer disagreeing with me. (or something to that extent)   1 Answer
    • (At my in-person interview) Name a time when I had multiple tasks (she referred back to a previous answer) and how I handled/organized my time. (I'm paraphrasing, can't remember the question that well)   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was really easy, stuff like why Target and then situational based questions. However, if you can't work holidays (such as Thanksgiving and Christmas) you probably won't be chosen for the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Did 2 interviews . First one was a little intimidating , the interviewer was asking basic interview questions . Then she scheduled me an second interview for the following week . My second interview was very easy , the manager was friendly .during the second interview he basically was telling me about what I would be doing as a cashier and told me I got the job. No drug test .

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult situations ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was took to a little interview room. I was interviewed twice by two different hr people. Asked 5 questions each than got my start date from another hr lady. Just be friendly read up on the red card and if you don't shop there read there mission statement. Don't tell them you don't shop there.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for a part time since I'm still in High School. A week after I applied they called me for a job interview, they had given me Tuesday morning first then they called to reschedule it to Friday morning and didn't have afternoon interviews which meant I had to miss part of school. My first interview was pretty awkward since the guy was asking me from what time to what time I can work and he wanted me to stay to close but during school days Law doesn't permit students to stay at that time he said they needed people to stay and I felt pretty bad since I knew I wasn't getting the job anymore. He told me we would just keep going with it. He asked me basic questions. After being done with that he said they would call me if anything during the week so I left and got a call from the manager she was very nice and said if I was still at target so I can have my second interview with her. She was very nice and offered me the job we worked things out with my schedule which surprised me that she gave me times I wanted and not pushing me to times I can't.

Anonymous Employee in Mays Landing, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mays Landing, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

I went in on a rainy day, a little down from being rejected by other places. I got there 30 minutes early and found an employee around the 15 minute mark to find a way into the interview. Process took an hour, had two interviews. One with two interviewers and the other with HR all in one day.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few hours later I get a call for an interview. The next day I go in and get interviewed by 2 people. Seemed liked they really like me. Had to wait about a little over a week to get a call back. Got called back in for a "meet and greet" by another hr person.

Anonymous Employee in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on Sunday got a call back on Monday for an interview on Tuesday first interview asked situational questions and then the second came five mins and basically told me they would call me the next to come in and fill out my paperwork

Interview Questions

• How did you use your attitude to make a situation better   Answer Question