Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 22, 2017

3.1

304 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Iowa City, IA) in October 2014.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral. Clearly they evaluated on the STAR scale. They repeat questions in each interview so be sure to know how you answered the questions before. They write down your answers. Mingle with the interns that are in the waiting room with you. Pretty sure they ask them if you were personable. Have to really show that you're Target's #1 fan.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly straightforward interview. Interviewers were extremely friendly and encouraging. Made the interview process run a lot more smoothly. It did not take more than a hour -- probably forty minutes tops.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2014.

Interview

really relaxed. they were super helpful with question clarification. All questions were situation based. the interviewers were very personable and it was a great talk. they asked how school was going and i did not even realize it was time to finish up the interview when we finished.

Anonymous Employee in Newton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Newton, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter the next day. We scheduled a phone interview but before that I had to take a math test online which was pretty hard and some other questions. After my low stress phone interview I was brought in for a plant tour and had two separate interviews after that.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of a time you made a mistake as a leader and how did you react?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in September 2014.

Interview

Met them at a conference, short behavioral interview that lasted 30 mins. then they made me do an online assessment which was just a bunch more behavioral or personality questions. How you work in a team situation or how you would work with your manager and etc.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews at college campus and on-site at a Target location. First a recruiter gives you a call and you do a quick phone interview that typically lasts around 15 minutes. Next, you go in person to interview with a current Target Team Leader who asks you lots of case-style questions. Finally, you interview on-site with another Target executive. At least this is how it all happened for me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult-- just be sure to be prepared for lots of "Tell me about a time when you had to...."   Answer Question

Received another offer from a company I was more interested in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I connected with my campus recruiter. Had an interview on campus that were all behavioral questions and then had a second round interview at a store with a manager then received a call 2 weeks later. When you receive a call you must take a local drug test within 48 hours. To complete the process you must apply online and take an analytical and personality test.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions, if you are prepared they are easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set hourly rate depending on grade.

Executive Team Leader Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Ventura, CA).

Interview

I was an internal hire so it was different as opposed to a normal college fair hire. I submitted my resume to my Human Resources exec and she forwarded it to a recruiter. From there I received an email from the recruiter to prepare with my Store Team Leader and Human Resources so i could properly answer all of the questions. Because i was an internal hire the questions are a higher scope than a regular interview. There were two interviews. One with recruiter (over the phone) and one with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I get paid more than a team leader.

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First meet at campus career fair. Got called in for the first interview, they ask you about situations and how you handled them. I was told at that first interview that I would be called later for another. second interview was the same. I was told I would hear back from them later but never did

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you knew made a mistake and what did you do to correct it.   Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

People were really nice about everything. I applied through my school's job board and was interviewed twice. The first time was with an executive manager at a store and the second time was with a HR representative at the district office. The second interview was toward the end of the recruiting process so it was a little hard to get the second interview. I also was able to get an internship closer to where I lived since home and school isn't in the same area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a manager .   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation