Target Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 5, 2017

3.1

Executive Team Leader Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ventura, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Ventura, CA).

Interview

I was an internal hire so it was different as opposed to a normal college fair hire. I submitted my resume to my Human Resources exec and she forwarded it to a recruiter. From there I received an email from the recruiter to prepare with my Store Team Leader and Human Resources so i could properly answer all of the questions. Because i was an internal hire the questions are a higher scope than a regular interview. There were two interviews. One with recruiter (over the phone) and one with the district manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I get paid more than a team leader.

Executive Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

People were really nice about everything. I applied through my school's job board and was interviewed twice. The first time was with an executive manager at a store and the second time was with a HR representative at the district office. The second interview was toward the end of the recruiting process so it was a little hard to get the second interview. I also was able to get an internship closer to where I lived since home and school isn't in the same area.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with a manager .   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First meet at campus career fair. Got called in for the first interview, they ask you about situations and how you handled them. I was told at that first interview that I would be called later for another. second interview was the same. I was told I would hear back from them later but never did

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you knew made a mistake and what did you do to correct it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taunton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Taunton, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

Overall the process was pretty easy. I first applied online through my college's university online career portal job postings. I then met the recruiter and the university career fair and scheduled an interview. I passed that interview then had 2 phone interviews. the recruiter contacted me and notifed me I received the position.

Interview Questions

I decided to decline this position as I was offered a different internship, however Target seems to be a nice place to work. very group oriented.

Executive Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I met with them at a career fair, signed up for an interview at the career fair and also applied online. Attended the interview at my career services center.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to make a difficult decision.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Orlando, FL).

Interview

They were on my campus interviewing students, I walked in and "the best interview of the day".

Negotiation

No, the pay was $14 as an intern. 40hrs a week

Intern Interview

Interview

They reached out in an email to set up a time where they could call me. Once the day came they were punctual and started the interview right away. The recruiter was very nice and courteous.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your weaknesses?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question

Executive Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied through college program. The interview consisted of a phone screening, following an interview with the District Team Leader. Interview lasted only 20 minutes, with behavioral questions. I received a call for an offer 30 minutes after leaving the interview.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to motivate a group of people and how did you go about it?   Answer Question

Executive Store Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target in April 2014.

Interview

Very good communication, walked me through the entire process. Very professional

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you and a leader disagreed over a significant issue   Answer Question

Better Offer

Executive Store Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Campus career fair, the people there were really nice and the onsite interview went great. The were full in my region, so I applied to another. One week later, got a phone call from a new HR manager and she was very inexperienced, but she was nice. She asked the questions poorly and her freshness was evident. The interview was short and dull on her end.