Target Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

2,412 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people were nice, the employees talk to you from time to time since the waiting area is in their break room. A quick interview and they tell you if you're up for another one or not. After the 2nd interview, I was given an offer and they asked for availability and to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? How did it affect your team later on?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employers, what would they say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you were able to accomplish goals as a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you have competing goals, and how did you prioritize them to complete the task?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Manhattan, KS).

Interview

Interview process was very quick. Talked to the HR (GSA), then a high up manager, then hardlines manager. Just asked basic questions such as why you chose Target ect.

Appareal Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Altamonte Springs, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Altamonte Springs, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online Monday and they called me the next day and asked me some questions about availability, if $10 dollars an hour was okay, if i could work more than 20 hours per week and if i could work on holidays. I got a little nervous because my cellphone was making noises and she thought i was doing something else, i explained to her and she understood and asked me if i could come on Friday for an interview. I went and a team leader asked me many STAR questions and I was very calm and prepared (Thanks to Glassdoor). She told me that they wanted to interview me another time and that they would call me the next day to set the date. However they never called me on Saturday and on Monday I received an E-mail saying that the position was filled. I know it was my first time interviewing for a job and that I've only volunteered previously, I also know it was going to be hard because there were people with more experience trying to get the job, but I found it a little odd that they told me they were going to call me for another interview (giving me hopes) but never called. I'm glad I didn't have to go back if I wasn't getting the job though. Overall they were very friendly and nice and I wish I got the job. Well! Next time I guess.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about yourself.
      Q2: Why Target?
      Q3: Tell me a time you had to do a project with somebody you disagree.
      Q4. Tell me a time you had to change your attitude to solve a problem.
      Q5. Tell me a time you were doing something and you were interrupted.   Answer Question

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Bakersfield, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

applied to target online and got a callback a day later. asked basic questions like availability, why do you wanna work at target, etc then set up an interview.
    the first interview was 4 questions mostly behavioral questions. so when they ask you these lay out the situation the task and how did you complete the task and the outcome. make sure you smile and you are confident. got a second interview and basically asked the same questions then got a third interview which was a meet and greet telling me i got hired. process took about a week and a half. remember to smile be confident and relax.

Food Service Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Clovis, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied in the middle of March. Received a phone call a couple of weeks later (on April 4th) to set up a phone interview that was scheduled for the next day, April 5th. The call took about 20 minutes. The questions were simple: availability, short intro to previous work experience, and a few situational questions. I was offered a second interview (in-person this time) for the next day, April 6th. This time I was asked about what kind of hours I wanted, availability again, and a few more situational questions that were similar to the ones on the first interview. I just answered each question honestly and had no problems. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you got called out for excellent service/work?   Answer Question
    • When was a time that a coworker was in a bad mood and what you did to help change it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that a customer was angry and what you did to help them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had a lot of work to do and how you prioritized it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say your biggest weakness is?   1 Answer

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Swansea, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

A 2 step interviewing process. First interview will be a bunch of situational questions that will need to be answered with your prior experiences. If you get the job you will be moved forward to a second interview.

Interview Questions

• When was there a time that you had to work with a person who you had a personal disagreement with and how did you get past it to complete the goal   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from HR a month later, did a phone interview with a TL and then a in-person interview with the ETL and got hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What would your former supervisor say was your weakness?   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you had to handle a stressful situation, what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • what makes you qualified for this position?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up a interview date. Once there it was fairly easy and simple with two different interviewers, one with the team lead and the other with the executive team lead. The interview process overall took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing your former employer would say you needed to improve on?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later. The phone call was a short and simple screening interview to make sure I was a human being capable of rational thought before they invited me to go into the store for an interview. I interviewed with the ETL and one of the other Leaders in the store. It seemed like a pretty basic interview; a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type of questions. The day after the interview I was told to come into the store to sign the hiring paperwork and that was that!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a huge list of things to accomplish; how did you prioritize and did you get everything done?   Answer Question

Hardlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Niagara Falls, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Very simple and straightforward with the general questions you'd expect from just about any interview. After attending the interview there was a short training session which consisted of a classroom like room, instructional videos and a small on the surface description of what the position consisted of. Once finished there was a shadowing period of a week where we'd follow someone/stand by them as they performed their duties to get a feel for the job and after that you're on your own with a few minor trainings about safety and other tasks down the road.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond expectations to handle a difficult task.   Answer Question