Target Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017
8,358 Interview Reviews

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mansfield, TX).

Interview

Typical questions such as weaknesses and strengths. They also ask all questions and expect a specific example of when a skill they have asked you about was used efficiently, so you must prepare and be ready to tell stories on how your skills have been out to use.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you solved an issue between co-workers?   Answer Question

Salary was not up to debate

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Lengthy interview process of meeting with several different individuals. Final interview was with Corporate level HR who did not pay attention to answers given and was on the phone texting during the interview.

Interview Questions

• How far are you willing to travel day-to-day?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New Haven, CT).

Interview

Very friendly and easy going management. Interview was easy. Lots of situational questions (explain a time when..., what would you do if..., tell me about a time you...) Did one interview with the guest service team lead, another with the sales floor ETL, and then gave all my info to HR.

Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

I did the interview two days after I applied online. About 5 questions, and four of them situation questions, u would know if u got the job if they sit u down somewhere, after the interview, to do a background check. If they walk u straight out u probably didn't get it.

ExecutiveStores (Assistant Store Manager) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online for the internship through target's website. I ended up having to do three interviews. One with a talent acquisition member, one with a store team leader and the final one was with the district team leader of the district I was looking to be hired in. The process was fairly quick--with 5 weeks between the firs and last interviews. An offer was extended to me very shortly after my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target?   Answer Question
    • What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to consult with team members before making a decision that would effect the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macomb, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Macomb, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

I initially came in contact with a recruiter during a Target presentation in one of my lectures. I applied and interviewed for (MI, OH, IN) region with Target over the holiday, in total the process took 3 weeks but would have been shorter if Christmas and New Years didn't fall in between the interview dates. The interview process was split into four parts: three interviews and one online assessment. The first and second interview took place over the phone and the the third interview was with the district manager of the district I would be assigned to. All three interviews utilize STAR/Behavior type questions that are prepared by HQ. One piece of advice I can give is, speak to results. You really want to describe the situation and be as specific as you possibly can, if not they will ask a follow question to try and get you to go deeper. It also helps to gather common STAR based questions and come up with a few scenarios prior to the interview, so when you finally get to your interview you can adapt and think quickly.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you received new information that changed a decision you had already made?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Was a mass interview event over 2 days. Had already set up a interview time a week ahead. Got there and was directed to a table with two people. One asking questions and one writing down notes and hiding like I was trying to cheat off of him on a test

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you defused a situation, or something along those lines   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Albany, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a phone screening interview to see if I would be a good fit for the position. It was a quick, let's hear your background, down to the details phone call. The recruiter knew the company well and had answers. She was very good at her job but unwilling to negotiate.

Interview Questions

• What wage do you currently make?
      Tell me about a time...
      Tell me about a time...
      Tell me what...
      Why do you want to work at Target?
      Explained the schedule and would I be open to it?
      1 Answer
    • The wage is non-negociable. Would you be willing to take this large of a step back? If so, email us for the next step.   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

I heard that I had been selected for an interview about two and a half weeks after applying -- my first interview was with a lady from HR headquarters. I was advanced to the next round with a district and store team lead at the end of that first interview. About a week later, I had a FaceTime interview with the district team leader and then the next day an over-the-phone interview with a store team leader. 4 days later I heard back that I had been selected.
    I don't want to be too overdone about this, but I really don't think you could ask more from an interview process -- the HR person that I got to work with was incredibly kind and helpful as a resource during the process. The district team leader that I spoke with was personable and friendly and so was the store team leader. As an additional plus, as you can see from the above description, the process moved very quickly. One other component -- right before my last two interviews, there's an assessment you have to take. You'll only have 48 hours to complete it from the time they email you -- they say an hour, but it's more like 90 minutes I would say (parts are timed, but parts are not so that's why it can get a little longer if you take a while to think). In general, I'm really appreciative for the people i got to interview with and the process in general -- it was much better in almost every regard than any other position for which I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• I can give you the specific questions they gave me, but I know another person who was interviewing at the same time and they obviously vary questions -- however, if you know all the questions on Glassdoor here -- you'll be totally good. I prepared for all of them and it was really useful -- of the 15 "tell me about a time when" questions I fielded over the three interviews, none of them surprised me. So, if you're really serious about this position, make the time and practice your responses or at least have an example ready to go for each question that folks have listed in their reviews. I'll mention a few below, but they're repeats from others that are on here --
      -Tell me about a time you had to give something up due to a work commitment.
      -Tell me about a time you coached someone at work.
      -Tell me about a time you collaborated with others when making a decision that would affect team members (at work) -- I can't remember the exact phrasing.
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in January 2017.

Interview

HR called in for a first interview, scheduled a date. Came in for the first interview, talked about situational questions. That went well, so they gave me a second interview directly after, same types of questions. After that they said they wanted to offer me a job. Because the HR rep wasn't there that day I had to go in another day to officially accept the job.