Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.2

1,425 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Guest Service Team Member - Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview process was simple and straight forward. They asked basic interview questions. Following the interview, they took me to go take the questionnaire on a computer in the back.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

It was a pretty simple process. Went in and had first interview, if you pass that interview you are then asked to wait for the second. If your second interviewer approves then you are then offered a job. I was then given a drug test form which now is not given.

Interview Questions

• What is something that holds you back from reaching your goals?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY).

Interview

I got to the interview 10 minutes ahead of my schedule interview time. The manager came in introduced herself then ask why I wanted to work for Target and told me she would be writing my answers down. The interview went smoothly.

Interview Questions

• If you were asked to work with someone you do not like hat would you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

You apply over the internet. You can apply at the Target store or at your home. Then you'll receive a phone call from the manager with an invitation to interview. Then you'll go in to meet with the manager.

Anonymous Employee in Austell, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Austell, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by team leader and then store manager. Asked questions off of a script and noted my answers. Team leader was really laidback but professional. He told me all the opportunities available and offered me the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I I was waiting for my other interview for 50 minutes and at 11:10 the guy said he would do my interview in a few minutes so I was like okay I'll wait for like 15 20 minutes that's cool and then that turned into another half hour and then I'm in my car exiting the parking lot and I see the exact guy who was supposed to do my interview casually walking back from Panera which is a full block away from Target... so basically he just wanted me to sit there until he was done enjoying his little break when he could have interviewed me which would have took a maximum of 10 minutes but hey I guess your break and your coffee was way more important than doing your job. Very professional. I'm never applying to retail again now I wonder why I've always been in the administrative assistant business. They don't clown around like you guys do. How disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Ridiculous situational questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ridiculous ridiculous ridiculous disrespectful unprofessional ridiculous and ridiculous

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Saginaw, MI).

Interview

It was pretty quick, I went in and talked to one of the GSAs, LODs and then HR. It was a fairly easy process and took a little over an hour to meet with all three people. Upon hire they gave me a sheet with a number to call to set up my orenetation.

Interview Questions

• They asked the typical, what are your weaknesses question.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple with two main interviews and a third being a job offer. I was given another reposition however than the one I applied for but the interview process isn't relatively hard.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you had to work with someone you didn't get along with and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied with a referral from a seasonal cashier. With that mention I was immediately scheduled an interview when I was calling HR to confirm whether they received my application. Scheduled the interview with a GSL. Waited about an hour the same day and had a second interview with a slightly higher ranked person and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two interviews with a team leader and with the executive team leader. They ask about regular situations on your old jobs and how you solved those situations. Almost the same question with both interviewers

Interview Questions

• Related with your old jobs and explaining how you solved those situations   1 Answer