Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,629 Interview Reviews

2.2

1,629 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

It was very simple, so basic questions but I got nervous so I couldn't get the job. They ask you questions about how you work with other and previous job experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (El Paso, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

On the spot interview. I was hyped up when i got there but then after sitting in a quiet room with other applicants for an hour and a half, my energy had died away. At the end, she said i didnt have enough energy for the position. It was for tempory holiday season part time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you went above and beyond for a customer?
      A time where you inspired someone?
      A time where you worked with someone on a project, what was the outcome?
      A time where you had to do things different than what you were used to?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Lake Park, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online recieved call for interview. Waited over thirty minutes before they asked why I was there. Very unprofessional it seemed like i was wasting her time. They would ask the same question but in different ways.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me the following day for an interview. Very easy hired on the spot. Scheduled orientation on a day I told them I couldn’t work, they told me they would get me in the next round and they put a note that I couldn’t work that day. (Even though I told them in the interview) they called again for an orientation on that same day i can’t work. Very frustrating

Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Clemente, CA).

Interview

Two interviews, one with Front end manager then 2nd one with her manager. Both very professional-most questions were situational and applicable to the position. Both interviewers were professional, helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you handled a situation where you had competing tasks   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was fairly straightforward, if the individual is prepared or naturally articulate in communication. Your success will be judged on how well you provide an answer to the situational questions they will ask, but they are all fairly simple questions if given some thought.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were interrupted and how you handled it.

Tell me about a time you worked with an employee you disagreed with and how you handled it.

Tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude.

Tell me about yourself.

Do you have any work experience?

Why do you want to work at Target?

All in all, I applied online on Friday and then received a interview call the following Saturday and was asked if I could come in on a Sunday for an interview.

I believe the basis on which they judge you would be the situational questions they will ask you after a few introductory questions. I was asked 4 situational questions. After the situational questions, I was asked if I was willing to take on both cashier and sales associate.

Although I stated I did not get the offer, I do not know yet if I've been officially rejected. I was told to wait for about a week for further notice. While waiting, I received 2 unclear probable rejection emails each on different days.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in September 2017.

Interview

I walked in asked a current employee where to find a manager she pointed to a locked Door on the other side of the building that I had to knock on. I went in there is a desk. I told them I was there for an interview they told me to wait in the break Room about half hour later I was approached by One manager she asked me about where I worked prior. If I was ok with promoting the target brand (redcard) etc. Asked about my availability. Asked some questions and we were done in that room. she told me I needed to see another manager for a second interview so to go back in the waiting Room. half hour latee I was brought back. this guy asked me about my availability again asked me Why I left my other jobs, how my attendance was at other jobs. proceeded to asked me some more questions it was more like a personality test Or stress test. They werent too concerned About my qualifications to do the job but they were very nice everybody was really nice.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to work with an employee that you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted in the middle of a task   Answer Question
    • If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you   Answer Question
    • tell me about a time you were able to change a situation with your attitude   Answer Question
    • why do you choose to work at target   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Pretty standard interview for the most part. They asked questions like what to do when your in certain situations or how you overcame a certain difficulty. As long as you answer each question clear and fully you'll do fine.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you were in a difficult situation and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

Applied online for the position. took weeks before i heard back and was not asked for an interview. Was not given a answer for the reasons why. everything was done online.

Application

Interview

I waited for about ten minutes and they brought me to a room, they had me sit and read the job description. Once I was finished then they started asking the questions.