Target Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

1,612 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Fontana, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The process took all day there were two 1:1 interviews. After the interviews the hiring manager either gave you the job or told you that you will get a call.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Traverse City, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Traverse City, MI) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I then had two interviews back to back on the same day about a week after applying. They seemed eager to hire seasonal employees at the time. The interviews had standard questions and the team leaders were very positive about the whole process. I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply to target?   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Thorough interview. Asked a few questions about my strengths and weaknesses, along with some situational based questions. Overall the interview was pretty relaxed and more of a get-to-know-your personality type of thing.

Interview Questions

• Speak of a time where you had to work with someone who disagreed with you.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Dimas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Dimas, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online got a call two weeks later. I went in for an interview as scheduled. I went to the first interview and was asked a few simple questions, and then was asked to stay for a second interview. I got the job the same day. I applied online but I was interviewed during a job fair.

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Richmond, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website, the following day someone called to set up an interview. The interview process did not take that long, They asked me about myself and about my strengths and weaknesses. I got a job offer right after I was done with the interview

Interview Questions

Interview

Was fast and to the point, asked me questions, after we were done she had me wait for the manager and then I got a job offer for seasonal all in the same day

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very formal. First you have to take a test. Mostly asked situation based questions. They were read from a sheet. Most talk about a time when...The interview was with two people separately.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Forestville, MD).

Interview

I went to a hiring event they were having for seasonal team members. If you called ahead of time they told you to dress professional and bring a resume, The interview was really quick and easy but for target I suggest you prepare for little personality questions like "tell me about yourself?" & "why do you want to work for target?". I only did one interview with the store manager so he hired me on the spot. it won't always be that way though because you might not get the store manager you'll get a team leader. it really fast though I was the very first name called back to interview it was nerve racking at first but once you sit down with them it'll be fine just speak clearly and confidently and smile a lot but not like a crazy person then they'll love you ! also, research the company and really know why you want to work for them.

Seasonal Sales Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Springfield, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

I sat down and waited until the interview came to the back. Once I finished the first interview I had to sit and wait for the next one. After that interview someone came in to give me the job offering. Easy process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   2 Answers
    • Tell me about a time you didn't know how to do something. What did you do? How did you resolve this issue?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted. What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with several things at once. What did you do first? And why?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to deal with an angry costumer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a disagreement/issue with a coworker. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to explain something to someone. How did you go about it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about at time you were treated unfairly. How did you stand up for yourself? / How did you resolve this problem?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to sell/promote Target's red card?   Answer Question
    • If we called your old boss what would he say is your biggest strength?   Answer Question
    • If we called your old boss what would he say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamitos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Los Alamitos, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call 4 days later for an interview. I scheduled my interview and it went well with my interviewer. He told me to improve on my answers so I can nail my 2nd interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to change your attitude   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were doing something and got interrupted. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you struggled to know something and needed to know about it. How did you fix it   Answer Question