Target Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

157 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Logistics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Well, I checked in 10 mins early but waited 20 mins because the other interview went over. Another interviewee arrived and checked in for their spot, 10 mins after my spot. HR rep arrived and called the other persons name. They proceeded to head back and the other interviewee was polite enough to tell HR rep that I had checked in for my spot that was 10 mins before theirs. No apology they just informed me I should have spoke up. Um, no because you were paged and my name was given to you plus you have the list of people scheduled.

The interview was mediocre with a younger female who's personality is comparable to a wet, dingy mop. Didn't smile, shake my hand when I reached out, nothing.

Interview Questions

• Can you recall a time where you had to anticipate the needs of others?   1 Answer
    • Don't you think you are overqualified for this job? (I think this was off the record)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was smooth. I applied online and within a week I received a called from the hiring manager. I was asked a couple of questions over the phone to know my availability. Later, I was scheduled for an in person interview.

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied at Indeed and got called in for an interview the next day. Talked to one person for 20 minutes and got the job at the end of the interview. Still waiting for my orientation date.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

3 interviews. Process took about 1 week. Initial interview with a recruiter over the phone followed by a face to face meeting with HRBP and final interview with district manager. Communication around next steps done via email within 24 hours of each interview. Received job offer via phone call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you developed a professional relationship despite having a difference of opinion.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you challenged a peer on the way they managed a process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you solicited feedback from a group about a process that directly impacted them before you implemented the process.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received critical Feedback about your performance.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

They called me the following day for an interview. Very easy hired on the spot. Scheduled orientation on a day I told them I couldn’t work, they told me they would get me in the next round and they put a note that I couldn’t work that day. (Even though I told them in the interview) they called again for an orientation on that same day i can’t work. Very frustrating

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Over the phone interviews are always odd, I prefer a interview face to face. But the lady was nice and it lasted about an hour . Interviews should always be done face to face, easy to tell who you are hiring

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. Then met the Manager at a local Job Fair and she liked me and called me for an interview. First interview was with GSTL, then asked to wait and interview with ETL-HR . I was hired the same day and scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a major change in priorities   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded a customer’s expectations.”   Answer Question
    • what experience do you have that relates to Target   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you disagreed with a task you were assigned   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a goal you set for yourself, and you worked with someone to achieve that goal, why did you choose them?”   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • What retail experience do you have, any cash handling?”   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you helped an unhappy customer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had lots of tasks assigned at once, and had to prioritize them   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied on the website. Got an email a couple days later asking me to pick a date and time for a phone interview. Had my phone interview with a recruiter the next day. She invited me interview with a store manager in the district a week from our phone interview. Received an email confirmation of the interview time and place plus other information on how to prepare for the interview. Got to the interview 30 minutes early. I was scheduled to interview at 9:30am. There was one person ahead of me and she didn’t get to interview until 9:10. She finished at 9:40 and the store manager came out to tell me she needed to make a phone call. She came to get me for my interview at 10:05. During our interview the district manager kept interrupting us and she took a phone call on her cell phone in the middle of the interview as well. A week later I reached out to the recruiter I spoke to before to follow up and I immediately received a generic email from Target saying I wasn’t selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you challenged the way your peer did a certain task and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

Submitted online application, took a phone call for interview time and showed up in business casual attire. I was told to go in the back room and wait for the interviewer. It wasn't the easiest interview nor the hardest. They question you on your beliefs in customer service and put you through some hypotheticals.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

Interview

The interview was pretty quick and they just ask questions to get to know you and your experience. Just smile and act like you are excited to want to work for Target, thats the kind of people they want