Target Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 11, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online. Called the store the next day to check the average response time for an application. They told me to come into the store in 2 days (on a Saturday) and interview. I interviewed with a Human Resources Manager. The interview took about 15-20 minutes. It wasn't too bad at all, but I'm coming to realize that these large corporations have set interview questions and don't really veer off from their scripted interview sheet. This makes the interview process seem rather dry and automated, almost impersonal. But hey, that's just my opinion on things. There's not really any room for conversation or discussion, at least during my interview there wasn't. My interview asked for my availability, desired hours per week, then informed me she was going to ask 4 basic questions, then 4 more detailed questions. It's best to just use the STAR formula to answer these situational questions, just because it gives the interview more insight into your thought process, behavior, problem-solving skills, etc. I think I ended up asking her more questions about the job and her background/experience, than she asked me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to cross-train and work as back up in other areas in the store, if needed, in addition to your HR Team Member job duties?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have for this position?   Answer Question
    • What would a former supervisor say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to go to someone above you to solve a problem.   Answer Question
    • Name a time you disagreed with a coworker and what was the result.   Answer Question

Barista Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I didn't even apply to this job but they called me for barista because thats all they had. Took one day to get a call from a rude lady on the phone. I went on time to my interview, 3 days later. I was in the employees only area and NO ONE cared that some random dude was there, so I had to flag someone down who had no interest in what I had to say and made me wait in the break room. I waited for 20 mins. as I got more stressed and anxious. I was very awkward just sitting there with some of the other employees. They finally called me and the other employees stared and kind of laughed at the way I introduced myself to the lady. When I walked in the next room there were 2 other people. One was some dude just sitting there not saying anything and the other was the Starbucks girl, she was the one on the phone because I recognized her voice. I was doing so good but then they got to the questions... I didn't answer them good. They wanted me to remember certain situations in my life, I didn't even know what I had for breakfast. You could tell that the Starbucks girl was getting annoyed at what I was saying.I had to lie lied and they probably knew. 3 days later I got an email saying they didn't want me.

Interview Questions

• Please give a specific situation where you had to work with difficult person, what did you do and how was the end result? (They kept asking for more details)   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They have you fill out an questionnaire when you get there that's takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Then you will meet with one of the executive team leader and he or she will interview you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength that would help this company progress?   1 Answer

Human Resource Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Applied online through Target's website and got a call about 2 days later to interview and I interviewed the following week. Turned out to be a group interview and when I got there I was told there actually weren't any openings for human resources but there were for guest services or stocking. The interview was easy and short. We were asked about 3 questions each and went around answering. We were each applying for different positions but still got the same questions. Interviewer was really nice and it felt more like a conversation among the group than interview.
    After the interview she sent us back to the break room and then someone else from human resources called us in to their office to give the unofficial job offer, explain that it is a 90-day seasonal position and get our permission to do a background check.
    Got a call the following day with the official offering.
    This was still during their seasonal time and all of us had stated we were available "anytime" (some overnight, some not) so I think that is why they brought us all in to interview (not necessarily because of the position we applied for).

Interview Questions

• "If I called your old boss / supervisor, what is one thing they'd say you need to improve on?"   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was long and had behavior questions and you have to smile make eye contact be engaging ask them questions they want to hear words like Vibe with guest very guest and team oriented mentality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when.... are there questions tell them the problem explain how you handled it and the result   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough. Additionally, the information found on Glassdoor was extremely helpful and accurate. There was a phone interview...questions were in the STAR format. Then an in person interview with the GM...followed by a high level meeting with upper management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a difficult employee and what was the ultimate outcome   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They told me over the phone that they wanted someone who could work weekends as I put that I was unavailable weekends and I repeated that fact and apologized for not being as available as they wanted but they asked if I was interested in an interview anyways, so thinking it was something that could be up for discussion I agreed to it. Day of the interview, I spent an hour getting ready and two hours waiting for them to actually start the interview and once I'm called in finally, they ask about my availability and I tell them I'm unavailable weekends and partially available for one weekday. They promptly excuse themselves and exit the room to talk with the others and then come back and say they are looking for someone with full availability and that even the partial day would be a problem. They led me out and I was just so upset that the matter could have easily been dealt with over the phone in one minute rather than giving me hope and wasting my time just to tell me I don't fit the qualifications and sending me home.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview requires you to be extremely prepared. The interview process consists if three interviews. Two of them are on the phone (one from Human Resource recruiter) and the other one is with another in the area you are applying for. The last interview is face to face with an Executive Store Leader where they ask similar question from the second interview over the phone.

First phone interview is mainly getting to know you better which is more like a screening. The second interview is more of behavioral situations to see what judgment you made in your past experiences. The third and final interview is similar to the second interview. They ask different situational based questions just to better understand you as a leader. Aside from that, their interview process is quite lengthy but they look for great people!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about time you made a mistake?
      Tell me about a time you were most proud?
      Tell me a little bit about yourself?
      Tell me about a time you had to drive change?
      Tell me about a time there was a complex situation? How did you go about it?
      Answer Question

Overnight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized and rushed. They asked some personality question. When I told them what I applied for they seemed to be confused. Told them I wanted to be overnight and they were interviewing me for the sales floor and cashier.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in x situation?   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

Interview

I filled out an application in the computer of the store. I t took about an hour to complete it. After an hour wait with other apllicants , I was interviewed. After a week, I received an email notifying me that I was not going to be hired

Interview Questions

• They asked about my availability.   1 Answer