Target Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.5

400 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I went in to Target for an interview in the morning. I was told to go to guest services and from there they escorted me to the back room. I eat and waited 15 min for someone to interview me. The questions he asked me sent exactly the same but it's what the context of it was. I'm still waiting for a call back so I'll update this when I get a response. My advice is to find out what job you want in the store, it was either back room or grocery department for me. Ask the person who escorts you to the break room what department needs more people.

Interview Questions

• Where and how many places I've worked at   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation where you had to train someone   Answer Question
    • What did I do when I was faced with an customer who was angry and what I did to help the customer   Answer Question
    • What was my availability   Answer Question
    • Do I want to request any days off like a regilious holiday   Answer Question
    • What would my old supervisor say my weaknesses are   Answer Question
    • How did I get through a busy day at work when I was faced with a difficult situation   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Once I was put in contact with the Senior Recruiter for my region, I was able to apply for the position through Target's career website. Soon afterwards, they conducted an initial phone interview, and a few weeks later, we scheduled a formal interview with the Store Team Leader and the District Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• The interview consistent mostly of behavioral based questions, with an emphasis on my experience as a leader.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview a week after my online application, then two rounds of face to face interviews. Overall fairly smooth process, interviewers were friendly and understanding. Took around 2 hours overall.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you exceeded the expectations of a customer   Answer Question

Apparel Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Long Beach, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I arrived about 15 min early, waited for about 30 min. I have never been employed, so it would've been my first job. She asked me questions that shouldn't have been asked since I've never been employed, and she had a nasty attitude. Told me my schedule was funky and they never hire unexperienced people... then why did you choose me for an interview. She already prejudged me and it was the worst interview I had experienced.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went to someone with more experience than you to get something done.   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Manhattan Beach, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process took only me three days. I applied online Saturday night and I got a phone call from HR Sunday morning and had my phone screen interview and was asked to come in Monday morning for another interview. When I came in I did have to wait for at 15 minutes which is not so bad because they were dealing with a customer. After that I had my interview which was fairly new do to them revamping the interview questions for that department. I did have an ETL trannie in my interview I was also asked to do an on the floor drill which was basically to sell a product. Once we can back in the room I was offered a job right away.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got called almost a week later. I did a short interview on the phone that went well, but since the call got dropped (service was bad) she just called back and told me to come in and do an in-person interview. I had no experience working as a barista or any retail experience but she said it was fine and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When did you act in a role of leadership and how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Target (and as a barista)?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Aliso Viejo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online one day ago, and the manager called for an interview today. They asked me some behavioral questions and the interview last about an hour. The manager told me after that I would get an email or a phone call to determine if I am going for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a major change or adjustment to your job and your reaction to change.   Answer Question

Backroom Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Valencia, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Valencia, CA).

Interview

This was hiring event they were promoting, however the process consisted of 3 interviews. You wait in the briefing room with others who have also applied until you are called for your first interview.
    Each one was with a different person, they had a couple of questions ranging from why you would like this job to what would you bring to the team.
    As soon as the interviews were over, the people who got to the third interview were offered a job while the others were told to apply again next time.
    They then have you take a general quiz after which entails what you need to know. This is taken with everyone in the group that is left.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you overcame a difficult situation and how did it resolve?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had applied online for a part time since I'm still in High School. A week after I applied they called me for a job interview, they had given me Tuesday morning first then they called to reschedule it to Friday morning and didn't have afternoon interviews which meant I had to miss part of school. My first interview was pretty awkward since the guy was asking me from what time to what time I can work and he wanted me to stay to close but during school days Law doesn't permit students to stay at that time he said they needed people to stay and I felt pretty bad since I knew I wasn't getting the job anymore. He told me we would just keep going with it. He asked me basic questions. After being done with that he said they would call me if anything during the week so I left and got a call from the manager she was very nice and said if I was still at target so I can have my second interview with her. She was very nice and offered me the job we worked things out with my schedule which surprised me that she gave me times I wanted and not pushing me to times I can't.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone to set up a interview date. Once there it was fairly easy and simple with two different interviewers, one with the team lead and the other with the executive team lead. The interview process overall took around an hour.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were in a difficult situation and how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • What's one thing your former employer would say you needed to improve on?   Answer Question