Target Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Manager Interview Questions

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Referred by team member. Interviewed with HR & Hiring Manager, along with additional team members. Skills and Psychology/Personality tests, along with role playing a leadership challenge. The process took a couple of weeks and the in-person interviews were for about four hours. The team members I interviewed with asked behavioral questions from a document and most did not take notes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

School recruitment at a job fair. Interview 2:1 in the school college and career center. FaceTime Interview with district team lead. Also had to take a test online to make sure I matched with some of the qualifications they were looking for. It was overall a pretty fair process. I did not go into the interview fully happy with working at Target, but it was a great experience to practice for jobs I really wanted to get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in September 2015.

Interview

Sourcing and screening of potential candidates for contract, contract-to-hire and permanent openings with our clients.
    Coordinate or conduct screening activities (e.g., drug screens, reference checks).
    Responsible for increasing number of qualified applicants in database.
    Refer job order leads and hiring manager names to Account Managers.

Interview Questions

• Analyze candidate information to determine matches between candidates and job openings. Submit qualified candidates to open job requirements.
      Interview prospective candidates and educate candidates on company process.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Target does situation/behavior/outcome questions. Be prepared to offer specific examples of what you did, how you did it and how things turned out. The examples don't have to be complex, but be prepared for lots of follow up questions about how you handled or responded to a situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to offer feedback to a colleague.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

SBO - Scenario, Behavior, Outcome - tell me about a time when... If whomever is interviewing you starts asking follow up questions, you likely are not using the format SBO or not providing the right level of detail

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

wasn't hard. just the usual questions. why you want to work here and where do you see yourself in 5 years. how do you hear about this job. can you tell us about yourself

Negotiation

Manager Interview

Interview

Very Structured, Behavior based interview. Be prepared to answer 5-10 questions that detail how you get along with others, manage conflict and improve operations. It is advisable to really understand what Target stands for and how you can fit into their structure.

Interview Questions

• Use a response format that will detail the situation, action and result   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Luis Obispo, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a short interview process and it was very easy. It didn't take very long and the questions were very easy. I interviewed with one person and the process was easy. I didn't have multiple interviews and it was short and the questions were easy and i was in and out. I was called back in a couple of days with a job offer and i got the job and i accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2014.

Interview

Target has a standard interview process for all employees (internal and external). They are SBO (Situation, Behavior, Outcome). They ask a question like, "Tell me about a time you had to work through a challenging project. They are looking for a concise overview of what the situation was, action steps you directly took, and a brief summary of the outcome. Responses should be no more than a few minutes (very concise and action oriented).

Interview Questions

• Questions like, "Tell me about a time when...," but you should always be prepared to have a really good concise answer for the following non-scripted questions they ask you:
      1. Tell me about your self/background - people talk for far too long...should only be 2-3 minutes
      2. Why are you interested in this job - think of more specifics than the generic, "Target is a really great company, etc."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The pyschological evaluation is a joke, the workplace simulation worse. Interview took 6 hours plus an hour for lunch. Would be better served eliminating the expense of the evaluation to determine fit with a disfunctional work environment and focus on building a fun place to work. Managers are only people managers and have no encouraged ability to contribute if your a working manager this is not the place for you.

Interview Questions

• the 80 degree room for the evaluation made the whole experience a bad one, should have known from that it was a bad fit for me.   Answer Question