Target Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Manager Interview Questions

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Manager Interview

Interview

A lot of planning

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was impressed with the initial offer. Didn't negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Castle Rock, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Castle Rock, CO).

Interview

They ask a lot of questions, not about the person specifically; all of their questions are "what would you do in this really specific situation?" type questions. Get some pre decided answers ready; ie. "what was a time that you made a mistake and then corrected it? What was the outcome?"

Interview Questions

• I did not like the specific questions, also I was very surprised when they said the interview was over and then they sent in a 3rd interviewer to talk ask questions for another 30 minutes. I felt the whole thing was very un-organized.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Extensive, questions in situation behavior outcome format. Over prepare and ensure examples have depth to them. Interviews are full day events and may require phone interviews prior to in person

Interview Questions

• Time you had to manage multiple priorities   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in June 2012.

Interview

long process, not a lot of information provided. Had to follow up a number of times

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

The interviews are usually conducted with two manager level employees.
    All behavior based questions where they ask the "Tell me about a time....." Very heavy into collaboration type questions and conflict resolution. Tell me about a time where you had to stand ground or persuade your boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell be about a time where you had to collaborate across departments, what did you do and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen with the HR Recruiter. The next steps was a one-on-one interview with the hiring manager along with additional one-on-one interviews with key stakeholders. The final interview was more informal in nature with the Vice President.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when it was difficult, yet necessary, for you to relay information in a truthful and direct manner?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not need to negotiate as I was offered a reasonable salary.

Manager Interview

Application

I interviewed at Target in August 2011.

Interview

Process is fair. They took some time to follow up but I followed up. By the time they called me with the position i had accepted another offer. I suggest if interested in applying do some research about the company and try to see where your experience will match the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked particular questions on technical business terms.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2011.

Interview

Lots of Behavioral questions. They were really helpful with the next interview once you made it to the next step but I am still waiting to see if I get accepted!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online at Target.com website and was contacted by HR in 2 days and was set up for a personal interview after a week. and was given with about 7 hrs of pre work before the interview and it was Time limited ranging from analystical to logical thinknig and vocabulary as well as personal objectives and expereince. Interview was for whole day and with multiple senior leaders in the team and also included a case study with a third party consulting firm. After a week, i was informed that they found some one else that aptly suited for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harvey, LA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Harvey, LA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interview process consists of three interviews. Each interview asks 3-4 situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time when you and another manager had a conflict.   1 Answer