Target Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Networked in. Had a screening call with the recruiter, two informal coffee meetings with potential managers, one full day of interviews and a final in person interview with the SVP.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They would not negotiate much. I didn't push hard (wish I would have now that I know how hard it is to get a raise)

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2013.

Interview

Standard phone interview to go over your background and experience. In person interviews are often with 1 or 2 employees and ask behavior based questions. There were multiple rounds of interviews that lead to a job offer in a position that i didn't originally apply for. They did a good job seeking out my strengths and a role that I would be successful in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when....   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not do enough negotiation. Always counter to see how much more you can increase your pay initially since there is usually money left on the table that HR has to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2013.

Interview

Campus recruiters visited in November 2012, submitted my resume in December, and had a phone interview in late January 2013. Phone interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and general background questions - the interview lasted approximately 30 minutes. I have been in contact with my recruiter every few weeks since January. My final round interview is scheduled at Target HQ in mid-May. The process has been lengthier than usual because the job position is still being determined.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR) in January 2012.

Interview

First, they did a phone interview before going deeper to a formal interview. Unfortunately, I didn't get further notice from them. I believe there are lot more interviews they are going after. Big companies always like that. So sad.

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2012.

Interview

SBO format
    Situation, behavior, outcome.
    Very formal
    5 questions
    Overall process can take wks/months as you typically need to interview with 3 or more people and getting on calendars can be tough.
    Be plenty early to get through security and check in.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is pretty rigid. Interview process is really based on behavior.