Target Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions in Memphis, TN

2.7

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied for a job at three different Target stores in the surrounding area. When you fill out the application online you can select them in the order of which you want to apply from first to third. I was curious as to which Target my application was currently at, so I asked someone I know who works at the third Target on my list if they could have someone they know in HR check and tell me. My application was still at my first choice. A couple of days later, I get a call from the third Target I had selected (the Memphis Central Target) to set up a phone interview. I set up the interview for the following day.

I tend to get nervous in more formal situations. I overthink things and ramble on, so I did research on possible questions they might ask me and typed them and my answers up to refer back to. The one question I felt I messed up on was one that wasn’t on my list. While the interview process may have been a bit difficult for me for a number of reasons, it'd probably be average or even easy for most people. It took maybe fifteen minutes at the most.

I got a call the next day from this Target, but I wasn’t near my phone at the time. They had left a voicemail message wanting to schedule an in person interview with me. I called back immediately which was a little less than ten minutes after they had called me, but I was told the person I would need to speak to had left for the day and I need to call back tomorrow.

I called back the next morning, but the person I would need to talk to was not there for the day. I would have to call back the next day.

I called back the next morning, but she had to leave and wouldn’t be back until the afternoon, so I was told to call back then.

I called back that afternoon and I was about to get the usual bit I’ve received from many places about how I can’t call to talk to someone about my application (after being asked if I had filled out an online application) but that they would call me. I then explained to the woman my situation and she told me that the person I needed to speak to was there and directed my call to her line. I was directed there three times and back to the main desk where the woman told me that she believed who I needed to speak to probably wasn’t in the office at the moment but she would take my name and number and have her call me back.

The weekend passed and then Monday I called again, because a person I know who works at this particular store informed me that sometimes people do not pass on the message. The person who answered the phone told me that they were backed up in the hiring process and that the person I needed to speak to was holding interviews and people were still calling trying to schedule interviews. She informed me that the people over hiring planned to call everyone back and suggested I wait until they called.

I checked my email the next morning, and I received that standard, ‘Thank you, but we're not hiring at this time’ letter. But just the other day I was told this Target store is behind in the hiring process and still had interviews to set up.

I believe the only reason I was called for an interview is because of the person I know who works there. I only asked her to see where my application was (because Target doesn't send emails to notify people when their application has moved to their next choice) but she probably asked them to consider me. I had been applying there for five years and had never heard a word before then. They wouldn't even take a phone call.

I feel I should add that for the holiday season of 2016 you can call and speak to someone about employment. I have multiple times for the Memphis East Target store and still haven't heard back from anyone though. Their assessment test for the application has also changed a lot since then. It's not any better than the previous assessment test, it actually seems a little bit worse to me, but at least you can call and talk to them now. It's progress, if only for the holiday season.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

I was called about an interview. I had about 4 over the phone interviews. It did not last long. It was a full week process. It was pretty laid back. I would not recommend this job for anyone. No worklife balance.

Senior Team LEader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Interview with store executives and store manager. Approval gets you interview with District leader. Interviews consist of situational questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle timelines that you know you won't meet?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offer that you could take or decline.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview is broken down into 2 parts: one phone interview and another personal interview. The manager asks basic questions such as, "Explain a time where you had to work under pressure", and "Why do you feel you will be a good addition to our company".

Interview Questions

• The manager asks basic questions such as, "Explain a time where you had to work under pressure", and "Why do you feel you will be a good addition to our company".   1 Answer

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted for phone interview on a Tuesday for an interview on the phone the next day. The phone interview had questions like 'Why do you want to at Target' etc... Phone interview ended after around 20 minutes. Was contacted again roughly an hour later to schedule an interview at the store. I went to the store to watch video summary of the job and take assessment concerning situation in the store about coworkers and various math questions reading graphs. The only real negative about the experience is having to wait to afterwards to be interviewed individually. I understand doing this for convenience but its not courteous to the applicants. I did not feel rushed by the interviewers when the time came to ask my questions. I did not receive an offer as I received the rejection email today. But two days later I received a call to come in for a job offer. Overall a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about if an item rings up for a certain price but the customer insists it is another and what I would do.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Electronics Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed by the ETL of Hardlines, and by the team lead of electronics. It was a fairly simple process, Mostly character questions. Asking how to handle different situations like a coworker stealing. Stuff like that.

Interview Questions

• When was a time i disagreed with a coworker and how was the situation handled.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in November 2011.

Interview

I got the call to come in for an interview on a Wednesday. I came in for the interview on a Friday. I took an assessment test and got interviewed by 2 separate people. I got offered the job shortly after.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in April 2011.

Interview

STAR Interview - very formal and not laid back

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to lead a team and something unexpected happened?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in April 2010.

Interview

1. Understand their cultures..they like fast, fun, and friendly people
    2. all their questions revolve around leadership
    * What's the situation *what did you do? *what was the result?
    3. typical scenario questions: helping someone, overcome differences, was a leader in a project, screwed up, biggest accomplishment,

Food Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Memphis, TN) in November 2008.

Interview

put an application online and the next day they call me in for an interview. I came in and told customer service i have an interview and they let me thought the door. the lady at the desk ask me to sit down. I wait about 5 mintues until i got interview. One manager ask me regular standard questions. She told me another lady will interview me. This lady ask me more behavior questions. After i finish my questions, they offer me the job and i accept. They told me the time of oretation and when to take my drug test.

Interview Questions

• Do you work better as a team or along?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i wish i did i only got 7.25 an hour