Target Interview Questions in Minneapolis, MN | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 7, 2017

3.2

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got called day after submitting application- set up interview for three days later. Interviewer was nice but could tell right away she was not interested in hiring me so it was uncomfortable. Basic interview questions but seemed like a little much for a stock position.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday. Was called on Saturday for the original store I had applied to but then they forwarded my application to another target. Was called the next day and we set up an interview for three days later. The interview went pretty well, I felt pretty confident. I came in and interviewed with two people. The first person confirmed my availability and then asked me about 5 questions from a sheet that had "tell me about a time..." questions. Then I was asked if I was available for a second interview and had me wait for the next person. The next person was very chill and nice. Didn't have much small talk between the two people, just answered the questions on the sheet. I then was offered the job on the spot by an HR person.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is/are your strength(s)?   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Started with a standard phone screening with HR, followed by an online technical assessment on HackerRank. After the assessment, there was an on-site tour that consisted of two, very similar, short interviews about technical related experiences and a few behavioral questions. No difficult algorithm questions but depending on who your interviewer is, you may have a technical question/problem mixed in. After that, the rest of the day consisted of tours, lunch and other meetings with software developers.

Art Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Target does have an extensive screening process starting with a screening interview then a first and possibly even a second meeting.They ask a lot of the basic questions but you need to be prepared with intelligent thoughtful answers.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you disagreed with a decision that was made at work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

3 part interview using the STAR interview strategy. The first interview was over the phone with HR. The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. The third interview was in person, first I met with the HR personnel then I met with two managers who interact on a daily basis with the manager I will be working under, followed by an hour interview with the hiring manager that I will be working other. The in person interview was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a team member who proved difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR with typical HR questions. They also asked about a project I had worked on. For the rest of the interview, they talked about the position and let me ask questions. I didn't get any farther than that. They had proceeded with other applicants.

If I had continued, I would have had to do another phone interview with a software engineer and then take an online coding test. After that they would have had me go onsite for a couple more interviews.

Interview Questions

• What main languages have I used?   1 Answer

Technical Leadership Program Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

It was a fast and enjoyable process. After my initial debrief with a very friendly HR rep about my experiences, why I was interested in Target, etc, she set me up with a ~30 minute phone call with one of the technical leads, who was also very friendly. That phone interview was similar to my conversation with the HR rep, but just more technical. She wasn't drilling tech questions at me, she would ask a question like what was your most challenging project, and as I was explaining it she would ask questions like why did you do this.

After that phone interview I was offered an onsite interview, which was fun because they paid for my flight and hotel to come stay out in Minneapolis. I had to do a coding challenge the night before my interview, which was a pretty big coding challenge for the time allotted, and personally I thought I bombed it, but it's all about showing them how you code, how you think, etc. So the next day me and 10 or 15 other kids showed up for our TLP interviews. I met some cool kids, and we had a fun day. You get two short interviews with tech leads and it's more of technical discussion questions, so overall easy. Then you spend the rest of the day eating and talking with engineers to see if you like the program.

Interview Questions

• Create a shopping cart class and create add, remove, discount, etc functions for it.   Answer Question
    • How do you stay up to date with technology?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Went to a job / internship fair, spoke with a representative for 15-20 minutes (after waiting in line to speak with them for a very, very long time–Target always has an absurdly long line), many people were turned away after they gave their resume or business card to the representative, probably around thirty were asked to sign-up for an interview slot the next day. I was fortunate enough to be offered, a time, so I returned the next day and had a roughly hour-long interview. They said they would be back to me within five days if they wanted me to continue the process. The following week I received an email that they wanted me to, so I scheduled a time for a Skype interview with an HR Rep. at the SLP Location (because I had class during all of the other slots). I then interviewed with her for about another hour. I was called two days later by a different HR Rep. who offered me the position on the spot.

The interviews themselves were fairly difficult. They were very thorough and I had to prepare for a number of questions with 5-10 examples to answer each one.

It was a game of balancing having enough to talk about, but being able to do it very concisely.

Interview Questions

• Google the "STAR" format for interviews, and that should tell you exactly what you need to know. It's generally being given a situation, then concisely explaining your thought process in dealing with it, and what the results were. I'd recommend using examples where there's a quantifiable result if possible because it sounds more tangible in an interview, and seeing how this is retail it's more applicable.   Answer Question

Process Improvement Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2017.

Interview

SBO - Situation, Behavior, Outcome format. Describe the situation, talk through the actions, steps you took related to the situation and what was the outcome, be prepared to state what you personally delivered and what your could have done better or learned. All questions expected answers in that format. Usually 2 people interviewing one candidate.

Interview Questions

• Classic questions: Tell me about a time you shared something you learned?, when did you not finish something you said you would, faced a difficult situation, shared views contrary to leader, project with set backs, you built a relationship, worked effectively with others across org.   Answer Question