Target Interview Questions in Minnesota | Glassdoor

Target Interview Questions in Minnesota

Updated Jun 21, 2017

Grocery Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Got called day after submitting application- set up interview for three days later. Interviewer was nice but could tell right away she was not interested in hiring me so it was uncomfortable. Basic interview questions but seemed like a little much for a stock position.

HR Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eden Prairie, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Eden Prairie, MN) in June 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview for a part time HR team member support role. The interview was short and easy. It was pretty informal with three "describe a time you did [insert situation]" questions. Fairly straightforward and a nice comfortable atmosphere.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Duluth, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. Had a quick phone interview and scheduled an in person interview for the next day. Interviewed with two people and was called the next day.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online on a Thursday. Was called on Saturday for the original store I had applied to but then they forwarded my application to another target. Was called the next day and we set up an interview for three days later. The interview went pretty well, I felt pretty confident. I came in and interviewed with two people. The first person confirmed my availability and then asked me about 5 questions from a sheet that had "tell me about a time..." questions. Then I was asked if I was available for a second interview and had me wait for the next person. The next person was very chill and nice. Didn't have much small talk between the two people, just answered the questions on the sheet. I then was offered the job on the spot by an HR person.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your past teachers or supervisors what would they say is/are your strength(s)?   Answer Question

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Started with a standard phone screening with HR, followed by an online technical assessment on HackerRank. After the assessment, there was an on-site tour that consisted of two, very similar, short interviews about technical related experiences and a few behavioral questions. No difficult algorithm questions but depending on who your interviewer is, you may have a technical question/problem mixed in. After that, the rest of the day consisted of tours, lunch and other meetings with software developers.

Art Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Target does have an extensive screening process starting with a screening interview then a first and possibly even a second meeting.They ask a lot of the basic questions but you need to be prepared with intelligent thoughtful answers.

Interview Questions

• What's a time you disagreed with a decision that was made at work?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

3 part interview using the STAR interview strategy. The first interview was over the phone with HR. The second interview was over the phone with the hiring manager. The third interview was in person, first I met with the HR personnel then I met with two managers who interact on a daily basis with the manager I will be working under, followed by an hour interview with the hiring manager that I will be working other. The in person interview was about 3 hours.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you worked with a team member who proved difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

First I went through a phone screening with HR before being invited in interview in person with leaders within my pyramid. Met with 2 different senior leaders and was asked roughly 10 behavioral based questions.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Park, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn Park, MN).

Interview

Very smooth interview process and felt like I was already a part of the team.
    I thought everyone involved in the process truly cared about what I was saying and were interested.
    As a plus, I got reimbursed for travel and got a free meal! Never seen that before

Interview Questions

• When was a time your competence was questioned by upper management and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Apparel Team Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Shoreview, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online the day the job was posted. HR called me that evening to set up an interview. I interviewed with a Team Lead and then an Executive Team Lead (one after the other), and was offered the job on the spot. They were thrilled that I had retail experience.

The interviewers were easy to talk to. They asked situational questions and were happy with answers relating to work, school, or even family members.

I did not have to do a drug test - that's only for pharmacy, clinic, and anyone operating a commercial motor vehicle, according to the offer form I received.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to teach someone something.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to ask for help from someone more experienced than you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone you didn't get along with. How did you handle it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question