Target Interview Questions in Nevada | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 3, 2017

2.6

Ex Team Leader Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2017.

Interview

You apply on their website. I got an email a week later asking me to pick a interview time for the phone interview. The phone interview asks your background and around 4 STAR interview questions. If selected to move forward the HR department sends you a questionnaire and then after that a in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time were your had to coach or correct a peer on their job duties.   1 Answer

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Reno, NV).

Interview

Three total interviews, one by the starbucks team leader, one by another senior associate, and one by an HR associate. The process was somewhat relaxed and easygoing. Got props for bringing in a copy of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Share an experience when you persevered through a difficult or stressful situation   Answer Question

Target Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (North Las Vegas, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with Flow Team Lead. The Lead is the actual supervisor on site and each team member their assignment for the day. He explained the work hours and the need for being flexible. The in-person interview at the store was with the Store Manager. He asked more specific questions about background and experience. Both parts were relaxed and low stress.

Interview Questions

• Why Target?   1 Answer
    • What makes you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer
    • Another Team Member calls in sick and your work load increases unexpectedly, how do you respond?   1 Answer

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

Positive , short, was asked situational questions. I had 2 interviews same day. I was called after 4 weeks for seasonal for a few different positions. Managers were friendly, 1st one said to me thank you for dressing up, people don't really do that anymore.

Interview Questions

• How would you react if you got interrupted while completing a task?   Answer Question

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in October 2016.

Interview

interview with 3 members easy quick questions easy to get on board only way not to get hired if you fail your background no drug test needed just basic need to work in the US

Interview Questions

• How are your working well with others   1 Answer

Negotiation

no able to negotiate any terms

Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

I filled out an on line application. Three days later received a phone call and scheduled an interview.

When I arrived for the interview, the person scheduled to interview me was not there. I cheerfully said, that was fine, as I was a few minutes early. She arrived and apologized for being late. I was shown to an office behind the employee break area and waited there for a few minutes. She returned and looked over her notes to begin the interview.
    --Tell me about a time you had to ask a supervisor for help.
    --Tell me about a time your mood affected your entire team.
    --What would you do if you were interrupted while doing an assigned task?

She stressed that it was important to work "with a sense of urgency." That you had to do your job quickly and efficiently. She used the phrase "sense of urgency" several times.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest strength?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Henderson, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Henderson, NV) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was interviewed in person by 3 people on the same day. The interview was long but I was offered the position at the end.
    Everyone I dealt with was nice and helpful. The interview played out more like an extended conversation with each person, about me, my experiences and how I believed I could help the company meet their goals.
    Ultimately I did not take the position due to scheduling conflicts but I would have worked for them if they had day shifts available.

Interview Questions

• What do you think creating a positive guest experience means?   1 Answer
    • What is one skill you're good at?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2015.

Interview

3Stage Interview with 3 Different Interviewers
    1. "Tell Me About A Time" Questions
    - Go back to interviewee waiting area.
    2. Strengths and Weaknesses/About You
    - Go back to interviewee waiting area.
    3. Offer Review and Acceptance
    4. Get Orientation Date
    4. At Orientation (learn about the company)
    Cashiers stay for extended alcohol training.
    5. Everyone else gets their work schedules and leaves.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to go to your management to solve a guest issue.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

Brief interviews. Sometimes it's with two leadership staff members. Other times it is with four. Some will be informal interviews while the others are formal. Just be yourself and apply common experiences to what is expected as an APS, which is being a leader, working well with others, knowing some facts of the criminal justice system, and knowing the loss prevention/asset protection theft prevention tactics.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had to decide which tasks to complete while multiple incidents/situations were occurring at the same time?   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Sparks, NV) in September 2015.

Interview

At first they have you sit in the break room and have you wait for assistant manager to interview you. At first there were two lady's who interviewed me (one being in training). The ask me multiple behavioral questions and what I would do in certain situations. After the questions were over I was asked to have second interview with the ETL. She was very nice and patient with each of my answers. After I was done with the second interview, I was lead into HR and they offered me the job on the spot! I think what really made me win over the managers was that they asked me what a red card was and I answered and explained the red card information perfectly. This will be my first actually job and they don't really look for pervious experience as long as you know how to communicate with people & handle money.