Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.6

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called to conduct a pre-screening phone interview for a seasonal position. This interview lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter briefly described the job duties, physical requirements, work hours, and asked a few questions about my availability, reason for applying, and my background. Afterwards, we schedule an in-person interview. Overall, a fairly straight forward conversation.

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. Few basic questions about red cards and customer service. The rest were all examples of actual situations that I had performed a task or how I had helped someone. Best way to prepare is to think about situations that you did a task, did a presentation, helped someone out, or worked on a team. All the questions revolve around these things for not interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you competing priorities and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews led to an actual interview which led to additional phone interviews. Very convoluted process. The order of interviews seemed backwards to me. The hiring manager had to get 3 additional approvals after their own decision. Truly overkill.

Interview Questions

• Why Do I want to work at Target? What about Target attracted me the most   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fairview Park, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, then I scheduled. When I showed up at Target, I proceeded to be interviewed by three people in tandem. At the end I was offered a job and signed some paperwork. They said they would call me within two weeks. It took more, and

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they next day they called to schedule an interview. The interview wasn't very easy if you don't have good working experience. My first interview I was asked 4 experience scenario questions. Then I waited for 5 min for my second interview. Which consisted of the same thing. He came back and told me I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name an experience where you exceeded your expectations   Answer Question

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy process. First they took you to a room behind the scenes and asked typical questions about how you handled certain situations and what would you do if...etc. Then I was asked to do a second interview right then and there. Talked with manager and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where something unexpected happened and how you handled that   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you turned around someone's attitude and how was the end result of that situation?   Answer Question

ETL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in April 2016.

Interview

Typical interview. Can vary depending on what role you are interviewing for. Interviewer was nice and was well educated regarding the company. Regional director was there for the last interview so be prepared for that, but wasn't too stressful.

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked about 7 experience related questiongs. We went through everything about the and then the interviewer acted like I was going to get a job offer and then next thing I knew I was told to sign out and hr would contact me which I doubt will happen.