Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

2.5

125 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on Sunday got a call back on Monday for an interview on Tuesday first interview asked situational questions and then the second came five mins and basically told me they would call me the next to come in and fill out my paperwork

Interview Questions

• How did you use your attitude to make a situation better   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Blue Ash, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied as a Cashier on Target’s website for the Blue Ash location. I received a call from HR in a little less than a week to schedule an interview. There was a very brief screening during the call about why I wanted to work for Target and why I would be a good fit.

The first interview took place about an hour after the call. The second interview was about 10 minutes after the first. Both interviews were very similar. The first question for both was to talk about myself (interviewers paid close attention to how I presented myself). Then there were typical interview questions about how you handled certain situations.

During the second interview, the interviewer explained that they thought I would be a better fit in Electronics based on my interests. I was hired as an Electronics Sales Associate.

The orientation took place a few days later in time for Target to complete the background check. Orientation was about 4 hours long. Definitely not boring.

I was clocking in the next day.

The entire process was quick and positive. Highly recommend.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   2 Answers

Flow Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

First step was a phone call screening. then asked me to go over to the Target store for a 1-1 interview. there was 2 interviewers. after the first interview they asked me to wait for the Store Manager. Got told they will email me for date of orientation etc.

Salesfloor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Streetsboro, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Streetsboro, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and heard back within two days. Phone interview then in-person interview with ETL and a team lead of sales floor, quick and easy, friendly management team and floor team. Offered a position after in-person.

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Reynoldsburg, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a three step process, the initial interview, a secondary one with a manager and then the job offer.
    Normal set of questions most of which were repeated twice to try and trip you up.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask a customer about signing up for a Red Card?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called to conduct a pre-screening phone interview for a seasonal position. This interview lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter briefly described the job duties, physical requirements, work hours, and asked a few questions about my availability, reason for applying, and my background. Afterwards, we schedule an in-person interview. Overall, a fairly straight forward conversation.

Distribution Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

I received an email from an HR rep stating that they would like to interview me over the phone within the next couple of days. When the phone interview was conducted, the recruiter gave me a brief overview of the position and what is normally expected. I was then asked to share a bit about myself; I was also asked a series of behavioral questions (e.g. Tell me about a time you failed to complete a project; tell me about a situation where you helped an employee who wasn't meeting expectations). I was then provided more information about the company's expectations for their employees followed by a few more behavioral questions. Once the difficult but pleasant interview was over, the recruiter informed me that there would be a follow up in about three days if I were extended a second, in-person, interview. About three days later, I received an email and phone call about attending the second set of interviews at the Regional and Food Distribution Centers. The recruiter then put me in contact with an HR rep at the RDC. I was also sent an invitation to complete a mandatory, hour long assessment which included scenarios and deductive reasoning questions. Shortly after, the RDC HR rep contacted me with date/time/location of the in-person interview (which was scheduled a couple of days out). When the day of the in-person interview(s) arrived, I was immediately impressed with the clean and relaxed atmosphere of the facility. I was met by friendly faces and given a tour (by an Operations Manager) of the RDC where I asked tons of questions and received tons of good answers. I was then brought up to a huge lobby area to meet with two senior executives. One of the pleasant employees provided me with a bottle of water while I waited. During the subsequent interview, the execs asked to hear a bit about myself and then launched a lot of behavioral questions (very nerve racking but pleasant). I was then asked to wait in the lobby again to meet two more executives. They asked me, pretty much, the same questions as during the previous interview. Both interviews lasted about an hour. I was then sent over to the Food Distribution Center for a second tour. To my surprise, I was interviewed (informally) by two more executives. Eventually, I was linked up with the FDC Logistics Manager who showed me around the impressive FDC. After the process ended, and a couple days later, I was offered a job. Overall, the experience was pleasant from start to finish and observing the people really made me very enthusiastic about the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about something you don't like to hear from employees.   1 Answer

Target Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2016.

Interview

Went through 2 interviews. Few basic questions about red cards and customer service. The rest were all examples of actual situations that I had performed a task or how I had helped someone. Best way to prepare is to think about situations that you did a task, did a presentation, helped someone out, or worked on a team. All the questions revolve around these things for not interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you competing priorities and how did you accomplish them?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews led to an actual interview which led to additional phone interviews. Very convoluted process. The order of interviews seemed backwards to me. The hiring manager had to get 3 additional approvals after their own decision. Truly overkill.

Interview Questions

• Why Do I want to work at Target? What about Target attracted me the most   1 Answer