Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.2

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

recruiter calls gives me 1st shift options 6am-6pm sat-mon. When I do interview it was for 3rd shift only I said I can't do that d explain what lady said when she called

Interview Questions

• Put in order from most important to least. Safety, production, attendance, quality.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called to conduct a pre-screening phone interview for a seasonal position. This interview lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter briefly described the job duties, physical requirements, work hours, and asked a few questions about my availability, reason for applying, and my background. Afterwards, we schedule an in-person interview. Overall, a fairly straight forward conversation.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

Several Phone Interviews led to an actual interview which led to additional phone interviews. Very convoluted process. The order of interviews seemed backwards to me. The hiring manager had to get 3 additional approvals after their own decision. Truly overkill.

Interview Questions

• Why Do I want to work at Target? What about Target attracted me the most   1 Answer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

I was asked about 7 experience related questiongs. We went through everything about the and then the interviewer acted like I was going to get a job offer and then next thing I knew I was told to sign out and hr would contact me which I doubt will happen.

Executive Team Leader In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH) in February 2016.

Interview

This was an extremely lengthy interview process. About a month. They sought me out as my resume was posted on various platforms. During the process I was asked to complete a two hour behavioral and decision making assessment, several phone and face-time interviews and in person interviews with district and store managers. I went to all of my interviews and assessments extremely prepared and totally qualified. Before my interview with HR I was sent an email saying I was rejected and they chose another candidate but told me it was against their policy to tell me why. That same day HR called me anyways to interview me (More than ten minutes late for the scheduled interview/which was supposed to be canceled.) & told me to ignore the fact that I had been rejected four hours previously. For a solid week I received no communications at all and was forced to reach out to them, the following day I was rejected without reason. This company will string you along. Invest your education and time with a company that is professional, timely, and personable. You will not find that at Target.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to effectively communicate with someone?
      Tell me about yourself personally and professionally?
      Tell me about a time you received negative criticism?
      Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and she set up an interview the following week at my school. I interned with two store managers who asked me basic questions about my retail experience. They focused a lot on situations and how I handled them. Two days later I was sent an email to take a personality and behavior test online. This took about an hour and I was prompted with mock-situations where I was asked to make a decision about the situation. A few days later I got an email saying that they were continuing with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time in which you disagreed with someone at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Mainly personality question along with previous experience related to the job. Usually several generic questions about situations in your work enviroment. Answers need to be pretty descriptive. Detail is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor.   Answer Question

District Assets Protection Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interviews were a round robin process consisting of two to three interviews. Interviews were with other District Assets Team Leaders and District Team Leaders. There were approximately 10 to 12 questions focusing on basic leadership dimensions. They are wanting examples using the STAR process, (situation, task, action and results).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a confict situation. What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

Sales Attendant, Cart Attendant, Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH).

Interview

I applied online, which included a lengthy questionnaire. After I had a very basic phone interview about customer service experience I was asked to come in and interview in-store. The store team-lead himself ended up interviewing me instead of who was supposed to do so. He actively sought to upset me in the interview and asked a lot of hypothetical questions about difficult situations with customers. He also threw around a lot of numbers which he said backed up his assertions. Then five minutes later he would argue from the completely opposite spectrum.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few hypothetical situations, the worst was one about a guest who actively tried to pay 2 dollars less for an item and how much money it would lose the store if you gave her 2 dollars off an item or if you made her pay the full amount. The situation was taken way to the extreme, including giving everyone off two dollars and how social media plays a role in commerce.   1 Answer

Distribution Group Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in April 2014.

Interview

Contacted via recruiter on LinkedIn. Talked with her twice, both times were basic questions following STAR format. She set up initial on site interview for the following week. I arrived early for the interview and the security guard told me there were no interviews scheduled for that day. I reassured him that there were indeed interviews and I was there for one. After he sorted things out I waited for twenty minutes for an HR representative. She escorted myself and one other applicant through the warehouse on a tour. She then brought us to an office area and had us wait for our interviews. There were three separate interviews. Each with two people. The first was with the engineering / automation team. The second with the logistics side and the third with inbound/outbound. All interviewers were very friendly and the interview was again STAR based.

Interview Questions

• What would your peers say is your greatest opportunity and would you agree or disagree?   Answer Question