Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

2.6

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

I did three different interviews. One with a recruiter, one with a store manager, and one with a district manager. Practice a lot of STAR method questions! They really want to hear about a situation, how you handled it, and what they outcome was. So plan out situations and how you handled them and what the outcome was.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a coworker?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had a time limit to get something done?   Answer Question

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Very intense process, first a tedious phone interview then a face to face with both the store team lead and the district team lead, very curt and pointed questions, almost felt like an interrogation at times. I was able to grill them myself and ask questions I wouldn’t feel comfortable asking at other interviews I’ve been in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had an under performing team member, what was the problem how did you address it and what was the outcome.   2 Answers

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in September 2017.

Interview

Started out with review of resume, there were 2 interviewers. They asked me about my resume and my experiences. Then they asked basic behavioral questions, the man asked and the women recorded my responses. "Tell me about a time when.." questions. Closed with me asking them questions. They were very friendly and I thought the interview went well. Target is a competitive place to work for. I heard back about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what you had to do to fix it.   Answer Question

Logistics Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in August 2013.

Interview

Standard retail interview questions nothing difficult informal setting. Questions were derived from HR, not the hiring store manager. No eye contact since the interviewer was more concerned with writing

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Bainbridge, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

Very brief. The managers just read off a list of questions, jot down a few answers, and that's it. Very easy questions, and they pretty much hire on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Youngstown, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process was straightforward . I submitted an application online, and got a phone call a few days later asking me to come in wearing khakis and a red shirt. The interview took place in a manager's office. I have problems with anxiety, but I quickly felt at ease. While the setting was business-casual, with the typical professional attitude you find in most job interviews, the tone was friendly and conversational. I was hired as a cashier same-day, and started my training as a cashier on the same day as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   1 Answer

Barista Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reynoldsburg, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Reynoldsburg, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was a three step process, the initial interview, a secondary one with a manager and then the job offer.
    Normal set of questions most of which were repeated twice to try and trip you up.

Interview Questions

• How would you ask a customer about signing up for a Red Card?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied on Sunday got a call back on Monday for an interview on Tuesday first interview asked situational questions and then the second came five mins and basically told me they would call me the next to come in and fill out my paperwork

Interview Questions

• How did you use your attitude to make a situation better   Answer Question

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blue Ash, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Blue Ash, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied as a Cashier on Target’s website for the Blue Ash location. I received a call from HR in a little less than a week to schedule an interview. There was a very brief screening during the call about why I wanted to work for Target and why I would be a good fit.

The first interview took place about an hour after the call. The second interview was about 10 minutes after the first. Both interviews were very similar. The first question for both was to talk about myself (interviewers paid close attention to how I presented myself). Then there were typical interview questions about how you handled certain situations.

During the second interview, the interviewer explained that they thought I would be a better fit in Electronics based on my interests. I was hired as an Electronics Sales Associate.

The orientation took place a few days later in time for Target to complete the background check. Orientation was about 4 hours long. Definitely not boring.

I was clocking in the next day.

The entire process was quick and positive. Highly recommend.

Seasonal Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 individuals for around 3 to 10 minutes each one after another. They asked me various questions about my work history and the 'staple' entry level job interview questions like, "explain a time where you were met with adversity 'insertrelevantworkhistory' and overcame the challenge"

Interview Questions

• "explain a time where you were met with adversity 'insertrelevantworkhistory' and overcame the challenge"   Answer Question