Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

2.6

128 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Akron, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call first. The person I talked to had typical interview questions. They said they liked what I had said so they wanted an in person interview which was set up at that time. I went in for the second interview, which the interviewer asked the same questions.

Seasonal Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in November 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 individuals for around 3 to 10 minutes each one after another. They asked me various questions about my work history and the 'staple' entry level job interview questions like, "explain a time where you were met with adversity 'insertrelevantworkhistory' and overcame the challenge"

Interview Questions

• "explain a time where you were met with adversity 'insertrelevantworkhistory' and overcame the challenge"   Answer Question

Executive Store Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2015.

Interview

I met a recruiter at a college career fair and she set up an interview the following week at my school. I interned with two store managers who asked me basic questions about my retail experience. They focused a lot on situations and how I handled them. Two days later I was sent an email to take a personality and behavior test online. This took about an hour and I was prompted with mock-situations where I was asked to make a decision about the situation. A few days later I got an email saying that they were continuing with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Describe at time in which you disagreed with someone at work. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Youngstown, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Youngstown, OH) in September 2015.

Interview

Overall, the process was straightforward . I submitted an application online, and got a phone call a few days later asking me to come in wearing khakis and a red shirt. The interview took place in a manager's office. I have problems with anxiety, but I quickly felt at ease. While the setting was business-casual, with the typical professional attitude you find in most job interviews, the tone was friendly and conversational. I was hired as a cashier same-day, and started my training as a cashier on the same day as well.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you demonstrated leadership skills.   1 Answer

Cashier/Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

I applied online. Received a call to come in for an initial interview. The first interview was very quick. Only about 6 questions were asked. I was called a few days later and told to come in for group training, where we basically sat in a room and watch corporate made videos on how to be a "team member"

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Toledo, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied on a Monday and was called to schedule a phone interview on a Tuesday. The phone interview was scheduled for Thursday and an in-person inverview was scheduled after that. During the first phone call, she just asked about availability. The phone interview consisted of four questions (exactly the ones already written on this website) and then she described the job and the requirements. The in-person interview consisted of four more questions (exactly the same ones written on this website) and they were all different than the first ones. At the end of the interview, they offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to multitask and how did you accomplish all your goals.
      Name a time you had to work with a difficult person and how did you deal with him or her.
      Name a time you went above and beyond in your job.   Answer Question

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was lengthy and they act as if the job is more glamorous than it really is. Orientation is not so bad only a day of boring video watching and then you get right to work.

IT Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jefferson, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (West Jefferson, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Mainly personality question along with previous experience related to the job. Usually several generic questions about situations in your work enviroment. Answers need to be pretty descriptive. Detail is key.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a disagreement with a supervisor.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was short. I was supposed to have multiple interviews but instead I and One interview In person and one interview on the phone. Both were pretty short interviews. I thought they would be longer. The questions we harder than I thought they would be but I just took time to think on what I actually wanted to say.

District Assets Protection Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Interviews were a round robin process consisting of two to three interviews. Interviews were with other District Assets Team Leaders and District Team Leaders. There were approximately 10 to 12 questions focusing on basic leadership dimensions. They are wanting examples using the STAR process, (situation, task, action and results).

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a confict situation. What was the situation? What did you do? What was the outcome?   1 Answer

See What Target Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Shipping in West Jefferson, OH

Pros: “Obviously everyone's experiences are different, there are a lot of variables. The pros I list pertain to the Outbound department. As long as you're hired into a warehouse position...”“Obviously everyone's experiences are different, there are a lot of variables. The pros I list pertain to the Outbound department. As long as you're hired into a warehouse position you make a starting wage, currently of $17.24 with a top out of around $21. Its a full 40 hour work week with opportunities for overtime, and in certain times mandatory overtime of 12 hour shifts. You receive your check weekly versus every two weeks, which has multiple benefits. The management has been kind and accommodating, and the team members generally work as a team. The work is very physical and results in a lot of turn overs, you earn your pay. The insurance isn't the greatest but its better than nothing and has proven useful to myself.” – Full Review