Target Interview Questions in Ohio | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

122 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH).

Interview

Tay called me about three days after I applied online. I was interviewed by two different people who asked questing like "Describe a time where you had to work with someone you didn't like". After both interviews were over, they left the room to talk about how I did. When they came back, they offered me the job.

Sales Floor/Softlines Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

Ask me stupid questions and I was knew I was going to get the job because they were running low on people. So I needed a job and I just applied online took a long time answering stupid questions. Watched stupid videos and took forever to actually get started.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mentor, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Mentor, OH) in May 2015.

Interview

A series of question attempting to get to know me and my goals. Asking how would do in the work place, how would I handle different situations, things of that nature.The process consisted of a phone screen interview and a 1 on 1 interview.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

Interview

Very problem-outcome oriented. Have to give examples of a time you did this, or that, etc. However, you can reuse the same examples in your multiple interviews. They even mention that fact to you. You will have more than one interview. One with a team lead and then one with a senior or executive team lead. Then you will be sent to HR for a job offer if you get it.

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Dayton, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

two interviews, pretty easy. they just had you interview with two different people at two different times. the questions were easy enough and they didn't make it more nerve wracking than it needed to be. i did get lectured about getting red cards though which was annoying.

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Very quick but also thorough. Definitely challenges the applicant without overwhelming and throwing curveballs. There are scripts of questions that the interviewers use to interview the applicant so the questions asked are the same for each applicant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Starbucks Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Dublin, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very light and easy. I did not feel intimidated at all by the interviewers (aside from normal interview nervousness). I received an email from the hiring team very shortly after I applied online, and was asked to come in for an interview. When I arrived for my interview I was met by the Starbucks Team Leader, who very politely greeted me with a smile. The questions were very light and I felt comfortable answering them. After my interview I was told that an HR rep would be in contact with me shortly. A couple days later, I was asked to come in again to meet with the HR rep to discuss wage. They told me that my starting wage would be $9.00, which was a lot more than my previous starting wage at a competing store. I was thrilled!

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in February 2015.

Interview

3 interview process; your STL, another STL, and DTL. They do not schedule this in one day, is basically when one of the interviewers is available or close.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to involve someone more experienced than yourself to solve an issue.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Akron, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, telephone interview a week or two later. in person interview a week later. nothing difficult just experience questions, couple of "what if?"s "what if Its your time fro lunch but person next to thinks its their lunchtime"...was offered job after inperson interview, due to retail experience (with letter of excellent customer experience from last store), college degree, and open availability....GOT A NO THANK YOU EMAIL THE NEXT WEEK! who tells someone they have the job and then not? I called their HR to ask what happened/changed, first time i called the HR person "just left" at 2pm on a Friday, (no work schedule!, I could do that job). Got through to them on Monday, politely dodged question and gave political answer. Target lost out on a solid hire, and a Longterm customer by telling me I had the job in the interview and then deciding not to after without ANY REASON!

Negotiation

None, slightly above min wage

Anonymous Employee in Avon, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Avon, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

You sit down in a room and they ask you pretty basic questions about yourself and what you've done so far. You will then do another interview with an employee. I was all very basic and relaxed. They were very friendly throughout. You will also be offered a job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about awards and extracurriculars that I did in High school.   1 Answer