Target Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview Questions

2.2

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Three interviewing sessions, test your knowledge, honesty, integrity relation towards a positive vibe towards your future goals for target, and personally.
Vibe
Kindness
Communication
Knowledge
Common sense
Clean image
................ .. . . . . .

Interview Questions

• Discribing past work experience, or situations when I had to deal with not getting mad and how I went a bout it to just finish that moment with a positive outcome.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vauxhall, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Vauxhall, NJ) in September 2016.

Interview

The first interview went well, they told me wait until the second interview, I went to the second one and it went quite well, she told me they will call me in a few days.

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

1. Online Application where you have to take a survey based on customer service.
    2. Phone call to schedule a interview.
    3. Interview was carried out at the store.
    4. 3 phases of interview. Alot of behavioral or situational questions were asked based on your previous employment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to prioritize between two things. And how were you successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mundelein, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Mundelein, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for a seasonal overnight backroom position online on a Wednesday night (took about 30 minutes to complete - no resumé needed), and got a call the next day asking to come in for an interview on Friday. The whole process was very easy (this was my first REAL interview, as the only other job I've had wasn't obtained with a formal interview). I wore nicer-ish street clothes and walked up to guest services and told them I was there for an interview, they retrieved the person set to give it, and that person walked me to a back office. It was a very relaxed atmosphere and my first interviewer made small talk before beginning. It starts with the generic "tell me about yourself" then goes into situational questions. These can vary from interview to interview, but if you spend 20 minutes reading others' questions on Glassdoor and rehearse answers, you'll be fine. Basically, as long as you can sound confident, through, and immediate, they'll probably like whatever you have to say. Then the first interviewer left and a second came in, and the process was basically repeated (with different questions). I was then walked to a supervisor and my interviewer asked her to write me a job offer right there. That person talked to me for a few minutes, we set up an orientation date, and i was all set to go! A job in 3 days time.

Interview Questions

• Read what other posters have put as everything you could be asked is on Glassdoor, but be prepared to say what you gained or what the result of each situation you describe is, as I was asked multiple times at the end of my answers/stories to expound on this.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager gave me a call with some attitude like they were doing me a favor, however scheduled me for an interview. They made me what up to an hour of the scheduled interview time and to make matters once, I took initiative to find a manager to tell them I was waiting only to be met with disdain. Instead of being upfront they sent me an email to tell me I was not hired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Wales, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (North Wales, PA) in June 2015.

Interview

Began by applying online and within days an email asked if I would want to speak about the opportunities. I replied by email and was told to call to schedule an appointment for a phone interview.

The phone interview went smoothly with a friendly overnight manager. He asked a few situational and behavioral questions and my availability. Immediately scheduled a face-to-face interview a couple days later.

I arrived 10 minutes early and wore dress clothes with a tie. I was told to wait in the break room and waited 30 minutes over of the scheduled appointment time. The interview was shorter than my phone interview and only had a couple more situational and behavioral questions. I got an email days later saying I was no longer considered for the position.

My best guess why I didn't get the position is either because, I told them I had to cut my days for college to only weekends after summer or since I had no job experience. But job experience usually isn't a problem for target.

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2014.

Interview

Spoke with 3 interviewers. Very casual and friendly. Easy to ask questions and negotiate schedule. Even asked opinion which position is best fit for me. Hourly is set and non-negotiable. Early morning shift gets differential pay increasing pay from $8 (or $8.25) to $8.75 so I was told.

Negotiation

Schedule was negotiable, and they were somewhat flexible. Though certain blocks of time are non-negotiable. Pay was not negotiable. But I was offered my choice of 3 similar positions, and I decided based on schedule. I needed early mornings.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online, got call back next day. Went in for interview had to take a simply assessment test. Afterwards two interviews back-to-back was told I was hired on the spot by HR lady. You sign some papers and they send you to take a drug test which has to be done within 24 hours. After that you wait for drug and background check to clear. Was called for orientation two weeks after interview.

Interview Questions

• The only reason the questions were difficult was because they are all situation-based questions. So you have to think of circumstances that relate to the questions quickly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Set pay, take or leave I assume

Overnight Backroom Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Application:
    After applying online, someone from HR will contact you asking about your application, confirming availability, describing pay rate, etc, and asking if you're still interested. If you are, they will ask you to come in for an interview at a scheduled time.

First Interview:
    Show up early if possible, but if you're scheduled to come in at the same time the doors open, showing up 5 minutes beforehand is optimal. Dress nicely (polo and slacks at minimum) if possible, as the employees wear slacks and a red shirt, usually a polo for the interviews. I was directed to wait in the office with the other interviewees until called in. Interviews happen 1 to 1, with the first interviewer usually a future teammate. They will greet you, then guide you to an office or empty space to begin. They go through some standard items, ask you questions like "Why do you want this job at Target" or "What skills or experience can you bring to this job" or "What do you think makes you qualified for this position", etc. After that are a few situational items where you share experiences with failures, difficulties, or multitasking. The interview will then come to a close and you'll move on to the manager or overseer for the team. Make sure you thank your interviewer or say "Nice meeting you" and shake their hand.

Second Interview:
    This interview is usually done with the manager or overseer of the area you'll be working in, and is fairly straightforward. The interviewer might open with you telling a bit about yourself, and that might branch off into some casual conversation about your interests or qualities. They might ask for areas of improvement or qualities you excel in. There are a few situational questions about dealing with guest interactions. Be prepared for some cashier oriented questions, even though you will never be working the tills on this job. They want to see your thought process about customer interactions, and to see that you understand that without customers, there is no store. If all goes well, they will let you know that HR will follow up with an offer, and you sign a couple interview forms. Again, shake hands and thank them or exchange pleasantries.

Third Interview:
    At this point, it's all up to you. HR sends someone to meet you with an offer, and for me, this was done out in the cafeteria as all the other offices were full. They will go over pay, dates of employment, dress code, starting day, ID requirements, and give you a form to present for a drug test. In my case, it was paid for by Target and performed at a specified lab nearby.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you exceeded someone else's expectations. Include when it was, who was there, what you did, and the outcome.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Arlington, VA).

Interview

Interview was easy HR calls you does a phone interview ask situation question and etc then ask you when can you come in for a one on one interview same question has the phone one . My brother help got me this job lol after the interview you sitl down with the HR and they talk about what days you can work and how much your going to get pay and give you some papers and tell you to go to the clinic for a drug test. Then i got call a for a orientation you do get pay for it btw. after the orientation they well give you a tour around the store and then give you your temporary discount card and your schedule.