Target Sales Floor Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.5

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Covington, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Covington, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

First you sign in once you walk in then fill out a paper afterwards they ask you to wait then they take you to the back then ask you to wait again once they call you into your interview they ask you 4 questions

Interview Questions

• What would you do it a bad situation before it escalate   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very formal. First you have to take a test. Mostly asked situation based questions. They were read from a sheet. Most talk about a time when...The interview was with two people separately.

Anonymous Employee in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Poughkeepsie, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

All the basic stuff, some situational questions and get to know you stuff, there was a round of two interviewers, both of whom asked you the same questions basically. If you get let the first one, chances are you're golden if you just do the same thing in the second one.

Interview Questions

• If you were having an issue with another coworker what would you do to fix it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hastings, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Hastings, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

Two interviews with a manager and then a third interview with HR. They ask that you answer the questions by giving the situation, behavior, and outcome. Each interview you answer about 4-5 questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to ask someone with more experience for help with something.   Answer Question
    • What would your last supervisor say is your biggest area you need improvement on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Melbourne, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

3 interviews, first over the phone, then two in person, standard questions, not too hard, why do you want to work here and behavioral questions. The interviewers were nice and pretty informal, amking the whole thing a lot less stressful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fontana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Fontana, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online got a call back within a couple of days, asked me why I wanted to work there and told me to come in for an interview. I had an interview with a team leader and then right after I had an interview with HR. It was a good experience very lovely people, but I think my shyness and lack of experience did not get me the job.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online to work at target a was contact a week after via phone on saturday morning and they ask me to come in on monday at 9am for a interview. I arrived early went to guest service to let them know I had arrived and i was seated to wait for someone to come get me. After a couple of minutes of waiting someone finally came in took me to some office and she presented herself to me she was a team leader manager. Ask me the usual my name what days i would be available and if i had any vacations plan soon ....after that the interview got going it didnt take long probaly most 20 minutes ..she got up and told me to wait n she left. She then came back a couple seconds to let me know the hr would review my application and I will be notify in a week if I got the job. Which I already knew I didn't get it..lol.....and a week later I got a email saying I didn't.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at target?   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time you had to work with someone you disagree with   Answer Question
    • what is your biggest weakness   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time you were interrupted wile doing a task and how did you react and got back to work to accomplish it   Answer Question
    • tell us about a time that you inspired co-workers   Answer Question
    • what would you say is your greatest strength   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received email confirmation, Standard Interview. Went to Customer service after call back. Was interviewed alongside another candidates. Nobody was dressed formally, I wore a polo and khakis. Received email telling me I got the job. No phone calls. Interviewer seemed to take job more seriously than was needed. I would apply here again, if necessary. I declined the job for another better offer that came along immediately after.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Really easy, did two interviews back to back. They do a drug test but I was able to pass regardless. Scedule the interview on a friday so you get the extra days for the urine test.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Easy enough. Typical questions about customer service experience and what ifs. How have you helped people in the past? How do you handle negativity? What would you do if...what was your most difficult customer service experience?