Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied, they got back in one day. After I called them back to set up interview they set it next day. I get there and do the interview and get to the end of the process and that is when they decide to tell me it's for a minimum wage "Team Member" position, and they had no idea I wanted a leader position even though it said it ON THE FRONT OF THE APPLICATION THEY HAD FOR ME. They said they could call other stores and see if the opening was for them, I was no longer interested at that point. Incredibly unprofessional and soured my previously good opinion of Target.

Interview Questions

• What would a previous supervisor say is an area you struggle the most in?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was your normal interview process. An email that allowed you to select a time that would work for a phone interview and then spoke with an interviewer over the phone for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Online submission
    In person Interview
    Online interview

I was chosen from a career fair to interview.

I was invited to interview in person for a panel of 2.

I then had to conduct an online screening both behavioral and testing my math skills.

I did not make it past this point.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Since I was interviewing in a new location that has yet to be opened I had to go through a series of interviews the first interview was your standard interview asking experience related questions and asking about situations I were in previously which resulted in me getting the second interview which was a repeat of the first interview with majority of the questions from the first interview being asked over. There is also a third and final interview that I didn't get which resulted in me not getting the job

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

3 stages. Originally, I applied for an ETL position and was surprised to be interviewing for a Team Lead position. But I was grateful for an opportunity to join the brand. First one was with an ETL. He reached out to me about a week before the interview process started. Some brief questions about my resume, management experience; nothing that I really needed prepare for. The first actual interview was in person with the same ETL. Asked 4 basic yes/no questions and then 4 situational questions. All questions came from here so I felt prepared. Keep answers clean (situation, action, your behavior, outcome). Second interview was with the Store Team Leader. We got to know each other first and then she asked the situational questions. She asked some that I hadn't seen on Glassdoor so the interview became a little intense. After that interview, I made sure to read all the interview leader questions (ETL, STL) to become more prepared. Last interview was with the District Team Lead. She truly wanted to get to know me and put me at ease. Explained more about the company, the position, and possible career paths. I read on Glassdoor that the third interview is supposed to be the job offer but after not getting one immediately I began to worry. The last interview was on a Friday and I didn't get an offer until Monday night. So hang in there, I'm sure glad I did.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you disagreed with supervisor with a plan but had to do it anyway.
      Tell me about a time when you were on a team and had to accomplish a goal when a setback was present.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Interview

Laid back with great feedback from interviewer. Depending on the time of year can take up to 4+ weeks. For internal promotion more hoops are in front of you than a comparable external hire.

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Alhambra, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

There are two interviewers that may have overlapping questions. The third person you meet will let you know if they hire you or not. Overall, it was really easy. The interviewers made sure you were relax and comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cartersville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Cartersville, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Arrived 10 minutes early for my interview, was put in a small corner on a bench in the back room and waited for nearly an hour to finally speak with someone. I believe it was the store manager that I was meeting with (didn't really make it clear as to what his title was). He was a friendly guy, not biased or partial at all. After about 20 minutes of reading questions out of a packet the Asset protection team leader came in and began to speak with me as well (I had put on my application that I preferred AP but, that specific store was only hiring for Sales TL). This young man was very talkative and definitely gave some great insight as to the life of a Target AP associate. I am extremely qualified (military and law enforcement background) for the position but I am also an extremely large football fan so my application reflected that I am not available ALL day on Saturdays and Sundays. I still marked that I was available to work weekends, just not for the entire day. I think for some reason this sat wrong with them. I understand that not all employers want to hear football is the reason I can not come in to work a few select Sundays every year but we all have personal lives and they wanted an honest answer as to why my availability was listed the way it was. Up until that point I was very confident in the fact they would want to bring me back to continue the hiring process but that was weeks ago and thinking more and more about it I'm almost positive they are not interested in me. I guess this manager did not see the potential in hiring a Veteran that has a free education sitting on his plate (would have gladly used it towards a promising career). But to each his own.. retail probably wasn't the best route for me anyhow.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you dealt with a frustrated customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied for a team leader position and received a call from the HR ETL. We had a brief phone screening then I was asked to schedule a personal interview. I had 2 interviews in store, one with another ETL and one with the STL. Everything went well however at the time they only had a Starbucks TL position open. I still went forward with the process. I then had a phone interview with the district HR lead where then I expressed my interest in a team lead position rather than a Starbucks TL position. Because they didn't have an opening at the location I interviewed for, the HR ETL kept in touch with me as they reached out to other locations. A few weeks later I received a call and was told there was an opening at their location. I went in a met with the sales floor ETL, all went well. I was offered the position. The process was excruciating and long (almost 2 months) however it was all worth it.

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Hayward, CA).

Interview

3 step process interview packets A first interview B second interview rating on communication, presentation, and accountability scoring system with basic scenario based questions. Once passed second interview the STL interviews and depending on that your offered job.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time you accomplished a goal with a team? what was your role? What was the outcome? Who was involved?   Answer Question