Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Sales Floor Team Leader

Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

Anonymous Employee in Millbury, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Millbury, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviewing process has changed since I've taken it; everything now for a Team Leader position is done in-house; but for me I interviewed with Human Resources, Store Manager and Human Resources Business Partner.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

applied on line and then recieved an email for interview. there was an ETL interview and then STL interview
    at that point it was a done deal but you still need to sit with the Group Leader

Interview Questions

• tell about a bad situation that you turned around and how you did it   Answer Question

Negotiation

with HR at the store

there was a little wiggle room but would need to be re-discussed with Group Leader

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was your normal interview process. An email that allowed you to select a time that would work for a phone interview and then spoke with an interviewer over the phone for the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and how you resolved the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Since I was interviewing in a new location that has yet to be opened I had to go through a series of interviews the first interview was your standard interview asking experience related questions and asking about situations I were in previously which resulted in me getting the second interview which was a repeat of the first interview with majority of the questions from the first interview being asked over. There is also a third and final interview that I didn't get which resulted in me not getting the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chapel Hill, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chapel Hill, NC).

Interview

Online submission
    In person Interview
    Online interview

I was chosen from a career fair to interview.

I was invited to interview in person for a panel of 2.

I then had to conduct an online screening both behavioral and testing my math skills.

I did not make it past this point.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you dealt with a difficult team member?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied, they got back in one day. After I called them back to set up interview they set it next day. I get there and do the interview and get to the end of the process and that is when they decide to tell me it's for a minimum wage "Team Member" position, and they had no idea I wanted a leader position even though it said it ON THE FRONT OF THE APPLICATION THEY HAD FOR ME. They said they could call other stores and see if the opening was for them, I was no longer interested at that point. Incredibly unprofessional and soured my previously good opinion of Target.

Interview Questions

• What would a previous supervisor say is an area you struggle the most in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Summerville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Summerville, SC) in April 2019.

Interview

I didn't even have a chance to complete the phone interview; let alone one in person. The "Hiring Personnel" from the store contacted me to confirm my skills and qualifications. Right in the middle of my response they cut me off and made it know they were was perplexed by my availability. Having optional family obligations on Sundays, I put no availability on the whim that I may still get a call back, to which I further explained to them I could potentially be open; I had just put that there to see if it could be arranged.

I was then lectured for about five minutes about how full time employees must have completely open availability, that I am to work whenever and however many consecutive shifts as they require, employees are not permitted to hold jobs at other retail companies, and the very aspect of not having open availability on my application makes me look bad in the eyes of management and the interview process.

I understand having even one weekend day off a week in retail is unheard of; I have worked in retail for more then eight years and already have that expectation. My gripe is, even with that clearly stated on my application, they called me anyway, and the fact that I stated it was by no means a deal breaker, they continued to lecture me on the topic of availability; instead of moving on to another topic.

After I was given permission to speak again, I clarified some additional points with them to which they responded (irrelevant to my stated concerns) with how many applicants had already applied and if I was still interested in the job I could maybe expect a "Manager" to contact me for an in person interview

Not only did I feel insignificant in the eyes of a potential future employer, but they never even allowed me to answer their original question posed to me: my skills and qualifications.

I'm hope these practices are not standard of Target and this was (hopefully) just the "Hiring Personnel" merely having a bad day, however I truly have to question the culture at Target if this behavior is the norm and how this bad egg fell through the cracks. Not only did this interaction negatively impact how I feel about Target as an employer, but also how I feel as a customer that their stores are potentially ran by management who cares nothing for their employees work life balance or personal lives.

Interview Questions

• "Why don't you have open availability?"   Answer Question
    • "Do you want the Executive Team Lead to contact you with a in person interview?"   Answer Question

Through just my limited interactions with the people in charge of the hiring process, I felt that further pursing a career with Target would inhibit my work/life balance. The phone interview was conducted so unprofessionally that I am questioning if I should continue to patronize the company as a consumer.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Interview

Got an email from a screener to connect
     The process was about 30 minutes long. Then a recruiter called me for a phone interview, which was also 30 minutes.she then emailed m an application to fill out.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you coached someone and what was the result?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Overland Park, KS) in February 2018.

Interview

I met with the Store Manager and she asked me multiple questions in how I dealt with different problems & what were the solutions that I used to solve them. She asked this in terms of dealing with upset customers and also upset employees that I had worked with, previously. In addition, she also asked me what was one accomplishment that I had just achieved in my current job.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe how I dealt with a tense situation in my current job and how I was able to deal with it and resolve it.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in April 2018.

Interview

Two interviews. First one with an ETL then with the STL. All the questions should be answered by stating the situation, telling about your actions/behaviors, and the outcome/resolution. Talk about what you may have learned from it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to coach or mentor someone.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you connected with a guest or team member.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to solve a complex problem.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were flexible with a major change.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to set goals to meet a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to deal with an angry guest or team member.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you used your communication skills to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question