Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Hayward, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Hayward, CA).

Interview

3 step process interview packets A first interview B second interview rating on communication, presentation, and accountability scoring system with basic scenario based questions. Once passed second interview the STL interviews and depending on that your offered job.

Interview Questions

• Tell Me about a time you accomplished a goal with a team? what was your role? What was the outcome? Who was involved?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2013.

Interview

Selected by management to be "put through interview process". Had several days of preparation with leaders in my store. Prepped me by telling me some of the questions I would be asked. Did mock interviews. Interview was with district manager. Interview itself was formulaic and consisted of preselected questions based on situational experience. Many questions appeared to serve the sole purpose of giving the district manager "dirt" on leaders in my store by asking who the weakest leaders are. To pass the interview I was required to use Target "jargon/buzz words" to show commitment to company brand.

Interview Questions

• Who is the worst executive team leader in your store and why?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Target (France)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Target (Target (France)) in September 2014.

Interview

Only interior hiring and need to meet with your store team leader to discuss development. Then as your skills develop you will move on to mock interviews, the real interviews, and then bench for a position to open up at your store or another one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a deadline that had to be met and you knew you would not finish the project.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. They say your pay will increase by this much from sales floor team member.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. Interviewed with ~ 7 different people. Interview is based on SAR questions. Situation, Action, Results. Ex. Tell me about a time that you had to do multiple things in a short period. The key here is to focus on the actions. Target wants to know that you know how to explore and use your resources, that you take partners and work with a sense of urgency. The other key is use a real specific example, not broad ambiguous examples. Use people, places and names.

Interview Questions

• all very similar questions. Just be prepared with multiple different examples.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Interview process is structural. You interview with the department (or Executive TL) manager first and then with Store TL (or Store Manager). I believe the new hiring process after 2012 also has you interview with the District Manager as well. Be prepared because they do grill you on facts of the company mission and sales for the department youre interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• None. A lot of the questions are retail based and if you have enough experience in retail, most of it should be logical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary but give you an upfront hourly rate. But I had not much experience when I had interviewed. I'm sure its based on experience as well when they are willing to negotiate with you.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I attended a carrer ffair at U of M and gave one of the recruiters my resume. I was contacted a few hours later by the HR manager and scheduled for an interview. The process consisted of four interviews with a Sales Floor Team Leader, Executive Team Leader, HR Manager, and finally the Store Team Leader. Two days later I was contacted by HR to come in for a final interview with the District Manager. All interviewers were very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your weakness related to the position you are interviewing for.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Had an interview with three store managers separately and had my last and fourth interview with the district manager and district human resources manager. I was extremely surprise that they would require such an extensive interview process for such a low level position within a store. All interviews as behavioral based questions so if you've never experienced this type of setting then you'll want to brush up. Brag as much as possible!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were unable to complete a project.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation for an hourly position. I found out and accepted a week after my last interview was complete.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two interviews at two different dates. All questions were situation based and were not difficult.

Interview Questions

• A hypothetical question on how to run the sales floor properly and how I would make it successful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pasadena, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview then was asked in for a face to face. Sat in a room with about 8 other candidates interviewing for a variety of positions. We were called back individually for 3 separate 1:1 interviews. The questions ranged from tell me about yourself to tell me a time when you had to lead a team. Tell me a time when you had a difficult team member and how you dealt with that.

Interview Questions

• Questions focused on managing teams and persuading people to your opinion. They ask for concrete examples. "Tell me a time..."   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Albuquerque, NM) in November 2010.

Interview

Fast, fun and friendly ;) I began working at Target as part time in the photo lab. Within the first month I was asked to attend a panel interview called " Meet the Talent". 2 weeks later I was offered a GSA position and took it right away, I was so excited that my hard work was paying off :) a GSA is a guest service associate, front lanes manager. By this time out store was under going remodel for the new "p-fresh" grocery section. About 3 weeks prior to our grand opening I was asked if I would consider taking on the "PA" role,ummm yes!! It is a perishables assistant, in other words I kinda run the area as well as order all the food 3 times a week! I was so excited!! I went through 3 interviews... 1 with the hard lines ETL, 1 with the Connsummables CTL and then 1 with my GSTL. I was given the position right away. I have been doing that now for about 5 months. I was recently offered a TL position for hard lines and am waiting for my final interview with the DTL, it will be a phone interview. I have already interviewed with my Hardlines ETL, HR & STL and am just waiting for the DTL to sign me off and I will be ready to start :) loves this company!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a difficult situation and how you handled it.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you challenged someone higher than you and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Ask lots of questions, don't be afraid to ask anything you think is relevent. Remember at one time or another, everyone has been in your shoes! After all, it is your job ;)