Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Interview

Consists of many situational questions. 3 interviews total. Much easier to get position if already with the company. Best thing to do is to be yourself. They like personality and they look for people who they think will be with the company for a while. Biggest things they pride themselves on are guest service and training and development.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

applied on line and then recieved an email for interview. there was an ETL interview and then STL interview
    at that point it was a done deal but you still need to sit with the Group Leader

Interview Questions

• tell about a bad situation that you turned around and how you did it   Answer Question

Negotiation

with HR at the store

there was a little wiggle room but would need to be re-discussed with Group Leader

Sale Floor Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Savannah, GA).

Interview

Long and convoluted. Going from team member to team leader took SEVEN interviews. One with my direct team leader, then his boss twice, then HR, then a different ETL, then with the STL, then with the DTL. The process took a month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Canton, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Brief. Extremely brief. I applied online for the Sales Floor Team Leader position and got a call about 5 days later, on a Friday afternoon. They asked a few questions about my background + then asked me to come in for an interview the following Monday morning. So, needless to say, I excitedly prepared for the interview by reading up on others' interviews for the same position. Monday arrives, I head to the Guest Services desk as prompted to on the phone when asked to interview, and had to answer a few questions on their job application computer/kiosk. Then, a young associate lead me up to the employee breakroom to wait for my interview. It wasn't a very long wait, fortunately, before someone came to greet me + lead me to another room to interview me. She was pleasant enough, but the first thing she asked when we had taken our seats was "you're applying for a Sales Floor position...?". Feeling instantly wary, I added that I was interviewing for the Sales Floor Team Leader position. To which she quickly -- and much to my dismay -- let me know that the Team Leader position was now unavailable, but asked if I would like to interview for a regular Sales Floor Team member position (at less pay + responsibility, obviously) instead. I promptly told her no, stood up to shake her hand, + put an end to the proceedings. Here's the thing: how about if you had me interviewing for a completely different position, you could have been courteous enough to inform me in advance so that I could prepare my questions/research based on said position (or told you outright that I wasn't interested in that lesser position on the phone)? Highly unprofessional + a waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Q: So, you're applying for the Sales Floor position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

There were 4 separate interviews. They were all very friendly and easy going. They told me the interview would take 15 minutes but they ended up giving mr 2 interviews on the same day. Be prepared to be there much longer than 15 minutes! . I dressed business casual and it seemed appropriate. I didn't wear a suit however.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Simple interview questions. Name a time, name a situation type questions. Received a phone call a week after I applied online. The person I spoke to asked if I wanted to interview for a higher position being that I have a degree. Had an interview with STL.

Interview Questions

• Name a situations where you made a mistake and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

3 or 4 interviews with store salaried managers and then a final interview with district manager or district HR Manager. Drug test took forever to get results back. from first interview to first day was about 4 weeks. Interview questions were not difficult, interviews were all in a store except last interview with District was over the phone.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Walnut Creek, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a 3 part interview in person and a phone interview a few days later. I interviewed with a manager of Human Resources, next was the Senior Merchandiser, then was the Store Leader. A few days later I had a phone interview with the district manager of Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how to admit it and use someone of higher power to help you out?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Typical interview questions. I prepared for the usual interview questions: Why do you want to work for Target? Where do you see yourself in 2 years? Use one word to describe your strength and weakness...

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had a customer service issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Better offer elsewhere.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied on the 25 of November. I didn't hear anything back so I called on the 3rd of december asking about it and she took my name and said someone would call that week. The monday after I got a call and the Hiring manager asked if we could do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and she asked me stuff like strengths and weakness's, why I want to work for Target, a time I worked as a team pretty basic questions. Also asked about Availability. She also mentioned to me about another position and if i would be interested. I said it might be something i would be interested but would prefer the one I applied for. (which is probably where I went wrong and why I didnt get an offer) I got an email a few days later saying they couldn't offer me a position at this time.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above what was asked of you. (this isn't the exact question but it was basically what it asked) I had prepared with others reviews on glassdoor which helped alot.   Answer Question