Target Sales Floor Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 4, 2017

2.9

85 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Dallas, TX) in December 2014.

Interview

At least two interviews to get a job. Could be more depending on position. A team leader and store manager will do the second interview. Before that someone called me on my phone and asked questions on when I could work.I you can not work nights and weekends they will not hire you I was told.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with angry guest on sales floor or check out   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation opportunity for wage. Have to work nights and week ends. Can request off for certain days , but not Sat or Sun.

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the very next day. Beyond the original interview, it took quite some time to arrange the second interview. Lots of calls to the HR TL. Got to know her very well. The Sales floor ETL brought me in for a 1:1. Asked me many questions that I later learned were very directed by day to day business at Target. The Store Manager basically did not do a third interview. She just talked to me about what the job would entail, and soon I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What sort of leadership experience do you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Saint Paul, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Set up through online application. Went to initial interview and was interviewed by two target District Leaders. Made it to the next round which was a phone interview with a district leader. Before the phone interview I was asked to give my three locations of where I would like to work if given the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had a conflict with an advisor?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the same day to come in for an interview the following week. I was supposed to have an interview with the ETL first, but she was busy. I interviewed with the Store Team Leader. He was very friendly, asked to tell him about myself, why I wanted to work there, and then a few Situation based questions. After the interview he said they would be in touch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you made a mistake and what came of that? Tell me a time you disagreed with a policy or procedure and what you did?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview process is lengthy. Interviewed with ~ 7 different people. Interview is based on SAR questions. Situation, Action, Results. Ex. Tell me about a time that you had to do multiple things in a short period. The key here is to focus on the actions. Target wants to know that you know how to explore and use your resources, that you take partners and work with a sense of urgency. The other key is use a real specific example, not broad ambiguous examples. Use people, places and names.

Interview Questions

• all very similar questions. Just be prepared with multiple different examples.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a coworker, what did you do?
    Tell me about yourself
    What are your strength and weaknesses?
    What would you do if you saw someone stealing?
    Why do you want to work for our company?
    Why did you leave your last job?

Interview Questions

• Everyone has plenty of strengths but for some reason they can never come up with a weakness. Be prepared!   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Harrisonburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Harrisonburg, VA).

Interview

Interview process is structural. You interview with the department (or Executive TL) manager first and then with Store TL (or Store Manager). I believe the new hiring process after 2012 also has you interview with the District Manager as well. Be prepared because they do grill you on facts of the company mission and sales for the department youre interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• None. A lot of the questions are retail based and if you have enough experience in retail, most of it should be logical.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate salary but give you an upfront hourly rate. But I had not much experience when I had interviewed. I'm sure its based on experience as well when they are willing to negotiate with you.

Sales Floor Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in July 2014.

Interview

Went through three interviews and received a generic "thank you for applying, but" letter. After three interviews, I think that you should receive an actual phone call from the store manager that you interviewed with.

Interview Questions

• Generic, situation questions. Nothing to out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Since I was recruited from a University, I had two interviews with a Store Team Leader and a District Team Leader. Each interview had basically the same questions-- all were situation based. Tip: the Guest always comes first, not your project. Each interview took about 20-30 minutes. After passing the group interview with the District Team Leader and Store Team Leader, I had to do a drug screening test (which they don't do anymore). After the drug test, the HR team for the store that I was placed at called me for an orientation date. I went into the store, had two more interviews with the Executive Team Leader- HR and Store Team Leader. The only issue that I had with the interview process was (1) lack of follow up on application process and drug test, (2) no preparation email for orientation; what to wear, what information to bring, etc., and (3) job offer was through a team member and not through a higher up- and there wasn't a conversation about pay or anything.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work for Target?
      2. If you in the middle of a project and a guest interrupts you to ask you for help, what do you do?
      3. How did you complete a task with a coworker or partner that you may have disagreed with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

the process was quite simple, it all happened within 2 hours

Negotiation

no negotiations at all