Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Target

1,049 Interview Reviews

2.2

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Met with team leads and then the store director. Asked about previous experience and what I had to offer. Also, how could I deal with an unsatisfied customer and talk about an experience doing so.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Not too long. Seems like they want you to just share your thoughts. I met two different people who interviewed me on the same day. No trick questions and short questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a situation where you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ames, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Ames, IA).

Interview

Overall process didn't take too long around a week. Called to set up an interview, interview lasted about 30 minutes. Asked general interview questions and then a few scenario questions and then had an activity.

Interview Questions

• Had to pick out outfits for a certain occasion and explain why I picked what I did.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Cleveland, OH) in February 2020.

Interview

in person friendly question heavy. It went very smoothy for me, and was comfortable as a whole. I was made to reschedule but the process was simple. no complaints here

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Very easy. Typical interview questions. Why would you like to work at Target? Tell me about yourself? Your experience in providing customer service? Have you ever worked a cash register?

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

You get interviewed by a team lead first and then the LOD (leader on duty) or STL (store team lead) gives you your second interview.
    They will ask many questions about scenarios and past experiences. Such as tell me about a time you problem solved. Or what would you do if there’s an angry guest?
    It’d be good to come up with things youve learned or experiences from your past jobs. They also asked why I want to work for Target— a good answer would be because I think my personality would fit in great, I’m a hard worker, have great work ethic and an a big people person.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

I applied in the store. After about a week I was called in for a interview. I did two one on one interviews. One was the sales floor team lead I would be working under and one was with HR. The questions was mostly behavioral and getting to know you and how you deal with stressful situations. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a difficult guest when an item is out of stock.   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within a few days instructing me to come in person during one of their hiring events.
    The interview consisted of mostly situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had convinced someone to see something your way   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two round interview in person. Behavioral questions about working in teams nothing too difficult. I applied online and was called to schedule an interview. The people who interviewed me were very nice and made sure I was happy with what the job would entail

Interview Questions

• How did you resolve a conflict within a team environment?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied online. Then I went in the store to check on the status of my application within that week. An HR employee told me they received my application and would contact me soon. I got a call a month later from the same HR employee asking me if I was still interested. I came in for my interview at 11:30 AM. They had me wait in the employee lounge, which was connected their store leaders' offices and the interviewing room. I had two interviews with different people (One right after the other) then a different person from HR came in and offered me a "conditional hire". This basically means that after my background check goes through, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an example of when you were in the middle of completing a task, and you were asked to complete another one? How did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • If we were to contact your previous employers what would they say about your work ethic?   1 Answer