Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.3

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After applying, I reveived a call the next day. I was asked to come in for an interview, but it had to be scheduled a week out. After completing that interview I was invited to a 2nd interview, which was another week out. I was hired for the position following orientation, which was another week out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted online application, was called the next day and asked to set up an interview. I met with a Team Lead the next week for my interview, after that interview she had me wait for a few more minutes to have an interview with her boss. I was offered the position on the spot. The whole thing took 2.5, 3 hours. If you aren't offered a position, I wouldn't take it to heart though. It seems the reason they were so eager to have me is because I fit perfectly in their desired schedule.

Interview Questions

• What would a former boss/teacher say you need to improve on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Whittier, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Whittier, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Arrived 20 minutes early, waited for a little under an hour to be interviewed. The interview seemed to be going well. Was told that I had passed the first round of interviewing and that they would notify me when they could continue with the hiring process. However, received an email days later saying they were going with someone else.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a situation where you had to switch from one task to another.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in October 2016.

Interview

Had the first interview went well then had the second interview right after. Very nice and enjoyed the people. Was told I was able to start orientation they would call to confirm which date. Asked mostly situation questions what would you do and what was the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at target   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Tyler, TX).

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. I applied for the job online and maybe about 2 weeks later I was offered an opportunity for an interview. There is a 2 or 3 interview process. Once the first interview was over and if the interviewer approved, you would go on to the next interview with a recruiter of higher rank.

Interview Questions

• Your weaknesses, your current goals in life, how you once handled a difficult situation, what can you bring to Target as an employee? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Westbury, NY).

Interview

2 interviews in the same day and I was hired on the spot. The second interview was brief as they already had an offer prepared for me. The second interview spent most of the time asking questions about preparedness. She followed up by going over the offer page by page.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions just like any other interview. The interviewers both asked similar type of questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brentwood, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online was given a phone interview a week afterwards followed by a in-person interview the next day; but wasn't given an offer probably because they felt I was over-qualified since I had prior long term experience in retail

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions related to retail nothing outlandish like some places have   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Was fast and to the point, asked me questions, after we were done she had me wait for the manager and then I got a job offer for seasonal all in the same day

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Forestville, MD).

Interview

I went to a hiring event they were having for seasonal team members. If you called ahead of time they told you to dress professional and bring a resume, The interview was really quick and easy but for target I suggest you prepare for little personality questions like "tell me about yourself?" & "why do you want to work for target?". I only did one interview with the store manager so he hired me on the spot. it won't always be that way though because you might not get the store manager you'll get a team leader. it really fast though I was the very first name called back to interview it was nerve racking at first but once you sit down with them it'll be fine just speak clearly and confidently and smile a lot but not like a crazy person then they'll love you ! also, research the company and really know why you want to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamitos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Los Alamitos, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call 4 days later for an interview. I scheduled my interview and it went well with my interviewer. He told me to improve on my answers so I can nail my 2nd interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to change your attitude   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were doing something and got interrupted. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you struggled to know something and needed to know about it. How did you fix it   Answer Question