Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018

2.2

979 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online for a seasonal position. Got a call from them later that day and HR scheduled an in-person interview date. My first choice was Soft Lines but they hired me for my second choice (Hardlines).

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time you worked as a team with someone   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Arvada, CO).

Interview

I got a call, they asked me what positions I was interested in, when my availability was and when I could come in for an interview. I went in, had two interviews in the same day and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How does target stand out from other retail stores?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

They were having a hiring event for the season but I had applied earlier. I went in and got an interview the same day. The interview went fine but I didn't get the job. They ask a lot of scenario questions.

Interview Questions

• How did you and another person solve something together?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and went to local Target for interview with a manager. Sat in their office one-on-one for an interview that lasted at most ten minutes. It was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that caused a big change to your schedule?
      Describe a time when you changed someone's views on something.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online got a call a few days later asking me why I wanted to work for Target then was told to come in for an interview a few days later. Interview consisted of two back to back interviews with two different team leads. Normal interview questions and each answer was graded. Told immediately following the interview whether or not you get an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked on a team?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Smithfield, RI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Smithfield, RI) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got a call within the month. I was scheduled for an in-person interview the next week. I went in and spoke to two Team Leaders, one was the human resources director. I was asked a series of personality and work related questions and was offered on the spot.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of June but didn't hear from them until the beginning of July. They called to set for an interview at 9am. I went through a series of 3 different interviews. The questions were very situational. After completing the 3 interviews, they told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mesa, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

They took me up into their offices and did the interview. The interviewer was late. The employees had no idea how to handle me being on time for an interview and set me aside. It was extremely unprofessional. The email they sent rejecting me had "header" on top where they were supposed to put the header and "footer" on the bottom where they were supposed to put the footer. Again, it was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was a group goal you had and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

They took me back to the HR office. I had an interview with HR. It was super relaxed, very friendly. Then they asked me to stay for a second. A second person came in, asked me more in depth questions but still very relaxed people. She offered me a job on the spot.