Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 13, 2017

2.2

963 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I applied in the beginning of June but didn't hear from them until the beginning of July. They called to set for an interview at 9am. I went through a series of 3 different interviews. The questions were very situational. After completing the 3 interviews, they told me I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced bad customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Mesa, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

They took me up into their offices and did the interview. The interviewer was late. The employees had no idea how to handle me being on time for an interview and set me aside. It was extremely unprofessional. The email they sent rejecting me had "header" on top where they were supposed to put the header and "footer" on the bottom where they were supposed to put the footer. Again, it was extremely unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What was a group goal you had and how did you accomplish it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newport News, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Newport News, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

They took me back to the HR office. I had an interview with HR. It was super relaxed, very friendly. Then they asked me to stay for a second. A second person came in, asked me more in depth questions but still very relaxed people. She offered me a job on the spot.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was hired during the seasonal time, so the interviews may have been a little easier and quicker than they usually are. Anyways, there were two interviews; the first was with a lot of scenario questions, where you had to think of a specific time and share how you reacted/worked through it. Overall, that first interview seemed more about them analyzing how you would react to different situations. They also asked where you would feel the most comfortable on the floor (electronics, kitchen, clothing, etc), which determined where you would work.The second interview seemed more to be about them wanting to get to know more about you. Also, you had to pass the first interview to get to the second one. During the second one, they also asked for scenarios but these were more about your personality it seemed like. Overall, the process was really simple and they hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you struggled with something and you didn't know how to resolve it?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

Once I got there they made me wait for like 10 min until a lady came up to me to take me to the interview. The first question she asked was why do I wanted to work for target then the interview started. She asked me a few questions where she presented me hypothetical situations, questions related to costumer service and my previous jobs. Once we were done I waited for like 2 min until a different lady came up to me and took me to a second interview, this interview was more related to the and area I ask for (apparel). Once we were done another lady took me to a desk to sign some papers and filled some forms after she told me I got the job. Everyone is extremely nice. They make you feel comfortable and at ease. Fun and friendly environment. (Sorry for my grammar. Not a native speaker)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted while helping a costumer?   Answer Question
    • If we call your previous supervisors, What would they say is your stronger quality?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience working with apparel?   Answer Question
    • If you see someone at the clothing area looking for clothes for a job interview they have, how do you approach the person and what do you do to help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied thru indeed got a call a few days later to set up an interview. Talked with manager and got second interview the same day with head etl. Signed background check form and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a sudden change in the workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied a week ago and a HR Manager called me the next day and offered me a interview date for June 7. I was very excited and I hope I get this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in June 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and then a second in-person interview. The questions were premade and very easy to answer if you have a lot of good examples. They're mainly looking for friendly people to uplift the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your last employer what your main weakness was, what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, one with trainer and one with team leader. Both took roughly twenty to thirty minutes to complete. Similar questions with both interviews, relatively casual tone struck throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe times where you work in teams, needed to get help from somebody above you, academic experiences etc   Answer Question