Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Clinton Township, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. On the phone they ask a few general questions, like why you want to work there. At the interview I spoke with two people. The first was the Visual Merchandising Leader and the next was the executive team leader. They both ask the same things. Basically just a bunch of situation questions, i.e tell me about a time when this happened, what did you do, what was the outcome. At the end they told me there were three people applying for the job but only one position available. The main manager told me I did a good job on the interview, but the next week I got an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

When applying for a team member position at Target you have to do two interviews. First, you have one with a team leader from any department that works at the store give you the first interview which mostly consists of behavioral and character questions. After you pass the first interview, you must have a second interview with any of the executive Team leaders at the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people were nice, the employees talk to you from time to time since the waiting area is in their break room. A quick interview and they tell you if you're up for another one or not. After the 2nd interview, I was given an offer and they asked for availability and to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? How did it affect your team later on?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employers, what would they say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you were able to accomplish goals as a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you have competing goals, and how did you prioritize them to complete the task?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I let the the lady at Guest Service know I was there for my interview and she had me wait at the Cafe until someone came to get me. About ten minutes later I went back to the interview office with a Team Leader and went through the questions. They were fairly easy and most all of them were situational questions. I was told to wait in the office and that I was going to get a second interview right then. A different Team Leader came in and asked me basically the same questions but worded differently. Then I was offered the job on the spot and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for our company?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to work with someone who you disagreed with and how did you solve your issues?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pasco, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Pasco, WA).

Interview

Interview process was easy. The interviewer made me feel welcomed and comfortable opening up to her instantly. Was only asked about 8 questions. 4 about scenarios in the work place and 4 about myself.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They follow the STAR interviewing method by asking a "tell me about a time" where they want to know the Situation, Task, Action, Result. They want to know details and specifics so it's best not to summarize.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in March 2017.

Interview

I put in the application online and they got back to me two months later, which was somewhat convenient because I just quit my other job. They left me waiting for an hour and a half for my interview, and one of the applicants just got up and left because she got there a half hour before me. There were only two people interviewing. They told me to be there at 12:30 pm, I showed up at 12:15 pm and they told me 6 minutes. I didnt get interviewed until about 1:50 pm.The interview was only 15 minutes and somewhat simple, it was for me since I prepared for it. But, if youre not good at coming up with something on the spot, this interview might be difficult

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target? Describe a time when you had to work with someone you disagreed with. Tell me about a time when you overcame something that happened unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

After applying, I reveived a call the next day. I was asked to come in for an interview, but it had to be scheduled a week out. After completing that interview I was invited to a 2nd interview, which was another week out. I was hired for the position following orientation, which was another week out.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Submitted online application, was called the next day and asked to set up an interview. I met with a Team Lead the next week for my interview, after that interview she had me wait for a few more minutes to have an interview with her boss. I was offered the position on the spot. The whole thing took 2.5, 3 hours. If you aren't offered a position, I wouldn't take it to heart though. It seems the reason they were so eager to have me is because I fit perfectly in their desired schedule.

Interview Questions

• What would a former boss/teacher say you need to improve on?   Answer Question