Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 22, 2017

2.3

956 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Prepare a couple different work stories in your head before your interview, those are the type of responses they'll be looking for. They'll ask 3 or 4 situational questions, and then ask about your availability.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted one of your employers what would they say is an area of improvement for you?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had to work with an employee you disagreed with.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you were interrupted in the middle of a task.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to multitask, and how did you prioritize these tasks?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time that you were able to change a situation with your attitude.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I was hired during the seasonal time, so the interviews may have been a little easier and quicker than they usually are. Anyways, there were two interviews; the first was with a lot of scenario questions, where you had to think of a specific time and share how you reacted/worked through it. Overall, that first interview seemed more about them analyzing how you would react to different situations. They also asked where you would feel the most comfortable on the floor (electronics, kitchen, clothing, etc), which determined where you would work.The second interview seemed more to be about them wanting to get to know more about you. Also, you had to pass the first interview to get to the second one. During the second one, they also asked for scenarios but these were more about your personality it seemed like. Overall, the process was really simple and they hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• When was a time you struggled with something and you didn't know how to resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, SC) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied thru indeed got a call a few days later to set up an interview. Talked with manager and got second interview the same day with head etl. Signed background check form and started two days later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a sudden change in the workplace.   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

Once I got there they made me wait for like 10 min until a lady came up to me to take me to the interview. The first question she asked was why do I wanted to work for target then the interview started. She asked me a few questions where she presented me hypothetical situations, questions related to costumer service and my previous jobs. Once we were done I waited for like 2 min until a different lady came up to me and took me to a second interview, this interview was more related to the and area I ask for (apparel). Once we were done another lady took me to a desk to sign some papers and filled some forms after she told me I got the job. Everyone is extremely nice. They make you feel comfortable and at ease. Fun and friendly environment. (Sorry for my grammar. Not a native speaker)

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted while helping a costumer?   Answer Question
    • If we call your previous supervisors, What would they say is your stronger quality?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience working with apparel?   Answer Question
    • If you see someone at the clothing area looking for clothes for a job interview they have, how do you approach the person and what do you do to help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Emeryville, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied a week ago and a HR Manager called me the next day and offered me a interview date for June 7. I was very excited and I hope I get this job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer
    • What's your availability like?   1 Answer

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in June 2017.

Interview

It was a phone interview and then a second in-person interview. The questions were premade and very easy to answer if you have a lot of good examples. They're mainly looking for friendly people to uplift the rest of the team.

Interview Questions

• If we asked your last employer what your main weakness was, what would it be?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, one with trainer and one with team leader. Both took roughly twenty to thirty minutes to complete. Similar questions with both interviews, relatively casual tone struck throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe times where you work in teams, needed to get help from somebody above you, academic experiences etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clinton Township, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Clinton Township, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a call a few days later. On the phone they ask a few general questions, like why you want to work there. At the interview I spoke with two people. The first was the Visual Merchandising Leader and the next was the executive team leader. They both ask the same things. Basically just a bunch of situation questions, i.e tell me about a time when this happened, what did you do, what was the outcome. At the end they told me there were three people applying for the job but only one position available. The main manager told me I did a good job on the interview, but the next week I got an email telling me I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you didn't get along with   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The people were nice, the employees talk to you from time to time since the waiting area is in their break room. A quick interview and they tell you if you're up for another one or not. After the 2nd interview, I was given an offer and they asked for availability and to complete a background check online.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it? How did it affect your team later on?   Answer Question
    • If we contacted your previous employers, what would they say your strengths are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with, and how you were able to accomplish goals as a team?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you have competing goals, and how did you prioritize them to complete the task?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

When applying for a team member position at Target you have to do two interviews. First, you have one with a team leader from any department that works at the store give you the first interview which mostly consists of behavioral and character questions. After you pass the first interview, you must have a second interview with any of the executive Team leaders at the store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you had a conflict with someone and how did you solve it.   2 Answers