Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.3

975 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Westbury, NY).

Interview

2 interviews in the same day and I was hired on the spot. The second interview was brief as they already had an offer prepared for me. The second interview spent most of the time asking questions about preparedness. She followed up by going over the offer page by page.

Interview Questions

• STAR questions just like any other interview. The interviewers both asked similar type of questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Brentwood, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

applied online was given a phone interview a week afterwards followed by a in-person interview the next day; but wasn't given an offer probably because they felt I was over-qualified since I had prior long term experience in retail

Interview Questions

• Just basic questions related to retail nothing outlandish like some places have   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Interview

Was fast and to the point, asked me questions, after we were done she had me wait for the manager and then I got a job offer for seasonal all in the same day

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Forestville, MD).

Interview

I went to a hiring event they were having for seasonal team members. If you called ahead of time they told you to dress professional and bring a resume, The interview was really quick and easy but for target I suggest you prepare for little personality questions like "tell me about yourself?" & "why do you want to work for target?". I only did one interview with the store manager so he hired me on the spot. it won't always be that way though because you might not get the store manager you'll get a team leader. it really fast though I was the very first name called back to interview it was nerve racking at first but once you sit down with them it'll be fine just speak clearly and confidently and smile a lot but not like a crazy person then they'll love you ! also, research the company and really know why you want to work for them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamitos, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Los Alamitos, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got a call 4 days later for an interview. I scheduled my interview and it went well with my interviewer. He told me to improve on my answers so I can nail my 2nd interview!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to change your attitude   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you were doing something and got interrupted. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a situation where you struggled to know something and needed to know about it. How did you fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

it was a 3 hour interview, everyone seemed cool, they mostly asked about my past experience and what would i do- questions. there was a lot of waiting and break time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Queens Village, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Its was quick filled out the application got a call within two days, they called me within two day and asked about my how available i was throughout the week and I told them. After that we set up a date for me to go in and do the interview and to ask me questions.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to work with someone you dislike? Have you ever had to eek help help from someone more experience than you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kent, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called to conduct a pre-screening phone interview for a seasonal position. This interview lasted about 10 minutes. The recruiter briefly described the job duties, physical requirements, work hours, and asked a few questions about my availability, reason for applying, and my background. Afterwards, we schedule an in-person interview. Overall, a fairly straight forward conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Stockton, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

First they call you and ask to schedule your interview, then they talk to you a little on the phone like a 5 min phone interview, then they call you in and you go and they interview you there, you get interviewed like 3 times. After that they make you wait like a week or so only if they hire you, to see if your background reports are clear, then they tell you to come to orientation.

Interview Questions

• If you were in a situation where two costumers had questions what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Dodge, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Fort Dodge, IA) in October 2016.

Interview

Called in for 2-3 interviews, all formatted the same and asked about the same type and amount of questions. Fairly simple and basic questions are asked, such as, why do you want to work here, why did you leave your last job, how would your resolve a conflict with a co-worker?

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer