Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Sales Floor Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.3

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I put in the application and in two weeks I got a call for an interview. The date was almost two weeks later. I get there and there is other people. The first interview was done. He said I did good and I should wait for a second interview. Was feeling so good with myself. The second interview was good too or so I thought. I wasn't offered the job. Not sure why but it is a okay target!! Lol

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you encouraged others and what was the outcome   Answer Question
  • Describe a time you defended yourself and what was the outcome   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Portland, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the following day. I was scheduled an interview the following day and everything went smoothly. The interview was fairly long, about an hour and a half. A week later I got a call stating I got the job and she asked me if I could come in the next day for training, and this is when things got weird. The person over the phone told me they lost my application and asked for my availability. I said I was available full time everyday except for Sunday. Immediately her tone of voice changed and she told me she had to talk to her manager and she'd give me a call back. Not even 30 seconds went by and she called me back telling me that the position was filled and they'd have to let me go. I was really confused because I was told I got the job and was supposed to come in for training but once I told them I wasn't available on Sunday's I lost the job. That was really upsetting considering they're hiring and need all the help they can get. Regardless I'm glad I didn't get the job, Target does not seem like a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a group of people and the outcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a very rigorous process which spanned 2 hours and had me seeing several different members of management who asked many questions about past experiences as they relate to problem solving and effectiveness in the workplace. The interviewers were very friendly and the environment was positive.

Interview Questions

• What was one time when you disagreed with someone and how was the disagreement solved?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online, then got a response after 2-3 weeks to come in for an interview. Interview was pretty basic, first with a team leader, then with someone from HR. They pretty much asked all the questions that are in the other reviews here. Didn't get an offer but that might be due to availability.

Interview Questions

• What would a former teacher/supervisor say are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Two part interview process. One interview with a sales floor team lead and then another with an executive team lead. The questions asked are fairly standard for a retail job. They are more focused on your ability to work as a team rather than your ability to sell.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time that you worked as a team to reach a goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Fayetteville, GA).

Interview

I came in the HR office asked a few questions about my resume. Followed by scenarios on how to help guests. Mostly about your personality and wiliness to work. You gave your work availability.

Interview Questions

• How would you. Assist a guest with finding an product on the store.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (McDonough, GA).

Interview

I applied online and waited for about a week or 2. I decided to call them and they called back asking me to come in for an interview at 9:15 the next day. I came about 10 minutes before. I went back to an employees office and she asked me basic questions. I would say try to engage in the conversation get to know the interviewer between silent moments. The interview lasted 30 minutes and then I was scheduled for the second interview the next day.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was a long process over an hour long. They ask you what would you do, of course ask you about your experiences, and how this will help you now.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a issue with a customer and how did you solve that issue?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Easy 5 - 10 situational scenarios. Sat down with a team lead. Laid back. Ask scenarios such as; difficult time handling a customer, above and beyond expectations. How would your previous employer describe you.

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It was easy, they asked basic questions and they don't really care about answers. They are just looking to hire someone. You sit down with the manager, and maybe a team lead.