Target Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 3, 2017

2.5

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Austin, TX).

Interview

It was pretty straightforward. I applied online and was called in for an interview the next day. They asked questions like why you wanna work for them, strength/weakeness, then the situational questions (like tell them of the time when you face obstacles and how you dealt with it)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Multiple Interviews with different levels of the hiring team. Questions were simple and highly relevant to the role in question, in this case sales. Interviewers are average in most ways from demeanor to level of enthusiasm and dedication.

Interview Questions

• Describe a stressful situation with a customer and your response to it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and took a personality assessment test, and they had me do 2 interviews on separate days. The interviews were pretty standard and pretty easy. Standard questions, "Why do you want to work at Target?", "Tell me about your skills", etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were in a stressful situation, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Albuquerque, NM) in February 2016.

Interview

The entire process took two months. I had a phone interview then an in-person interview discussing my previous work qualifications. It was very easy to talk to the interviewer. Her name was Christina and I think she was based in Georgia.

Interview Questions

• If you were an animal, what would you be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in College Point, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (College Point, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

there's 2 parts to the interview , 1st part is a group interview , watch video about the company , fill out paperwork , second half is one on one interview with a manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

F2 f interview with the sales manager was very good at weeding out candidates. Was fair in his questions however did have a problems with individuals thagt did not have much experience in retail

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Straightforward and very friendly interviewer. I knew going in the position was very competitive....... I had a good feeling leaving the interview process but unfortunately it did not work out.

Interview Questions

• What can you do to improve this company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

not that hard, there are some basic questions and some job-related questions. At first I was nervous, but the managers were very nice, so I started to relax more and more focus on the questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target in June 2013.

Interview

I applied 2 weeks before receiving a phone call from the hiring department. They scheduled a phone interview for the following day. It was mostly about my hours available and different sanarios. I later got a call about a week later calling me in for an interview at the store. I went and met with someone in the HR department and then the manager. I was hired on the spot

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They said $8 was the starting out salary but I talked them up to $8.20

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

There was a group interview process. Filled out forms and was interviewed on personal background. Had to initially apply using website in order to get an interview. However was also referred by a friend.