Target Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I sat in a room and spoke with a manager about the position and all of the details. He asked me to sell a pen, weird, but I did. Apparently I did it well because I got the job at Target

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2017.

Interview

They call you first for a on the phone interview than call you for a in person interview. After that I got hired it was pretty easy .. nothing else that's all

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

apply online, called in for interveiw tae assesment, two interveiws

Interview Questions

Negotiation

8.25

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. However, training is virtually non existent. They show you a video and expect you to improvise and learn on the fly. Managers/team leads seem to get annoyed when you run into problems.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They had their mind made up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled an interview as soon as the application was complete. I had two in-person interviews. The first was with an HR member, the second was a week later with a sales manager. Most of the questions were basic questions about past experience and how I handle certain situations. Setting was pretty laid back.

Anonymous Employee in Elk Grove, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Elk Grove, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Had a phone interview - then few days later i got a call for a in-store interview. then met a team lead and had my first interview then had to wait about 20 mins for another target employee to interview me. They offered me the job, Then signed i singed the work papers and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is your retail experience?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle an unpleased customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2011.

Interview

When the job position was made public online, I had industry related co-workers email personal "recommending this person" (me) as a candidate for the position. The hiring manager thanked them and referred my resume to the company recruiter assigned to the job number for processing. The recruiter called and set up a phone interview for the following day. At the appointed time, the phone interview proceeded and the recruiter asked some basic questions to familiarize herself with the job position. She admitted that she had only been in her position for less than two months and from the questions she asked, she really did not understand the different facets of the job function and demands. Her two behavioral questions were brief and I could practically hear her checking them off on her checklist. She stayed within her stated 30 minute time frame and said she needed to conclude so that she conduct more interviews. Even though she was polite, friendly and punctual, I did not feel that we were even talking about anything meaningful or insightful about the posted job. I made a point of closing by reviewing the important keywords and attributes of a successful candidate and that I could help the sales team gain more sales and market share because of my years of experience in the industry. I did not move onto the second interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses? Business weakness?   1 Answer
    • Did you ever go against management's policies / direction and what did you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Encinitas, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online. A month later was contacted for an interview. I only wanted part time and they wanted full time, so I didn't get a further interview.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you weren't getting along with another employee   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Was held at a hotel not even remotely near the location. I spent 25min conversing with the interviewers and the remainer of the 2 hrs waiting in a room while we were pestered by a current sales associate who did not stop chattering for more than a min.

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in February 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She was very easy to talk with about hourly rate (started off at $12.50 an hour).