Target Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Seasonal Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Albany, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Albany, OR).

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple, I was placed in a room where others were waiting to be interviewed, and initially I thought that it would be a group interview. However, that was not the case. They called you back one by one and you were first interviewed by a TL or Team Member and then if they liked you, they would ask you to go back and wait to be called again for a second interview (which would be done from the Manager). After that, they will tell you if they liked you or not, and I got offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any real difficult questions, they were your typical behavioral type such as: "Tell me about a time where you worked as a team to accomplish a goal" or "what are your greatest strengths and weaknesses?" "If a guest told you that the price of the item was 7.99 verses 9.99, what would you do?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offering pay was $9 per hour and after seasonal, it increased to $9.25

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sparks, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target (Sparks, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Went through the interview questions thoroughly in September. I answered each one honestly and positively. Have experience in retail and felt I had a good chance at getting a position. Did not hear from them until December and was told in email that they were unable to offer a position at this time. Went into store that day and found they were still hiring for seasonal help. Very confused about the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Not really any question I felt was unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

Went in, and had to wait in a waiting room for about 15 minutes before I had my first interview. Lasted about 45 minutes. Very nice manager, asked basic interview questions. Got a second interview, and had to go back to the waiting room for another 15 minutes then I was taken to another room to watch a video. After that, I talked to the second manager for about 20 minutes, who pretty much just asked me about my availability.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

They called me a week after I applied online on their website, asked some question, overall they were very friendly and explained the hours they needed me to be working for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?
      Could you work on this specific hours?   Answer Question

My schedule could not fit at the moment, but they were really nice during the call-interview

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

Applied online and they called weeks later. After the interviews they asked me if I would be interested in another position- Cart Attendant. I was a little disappointed but accepted (non-seasonal and I've been a CA before

Interview Questions

• None. I was prepared because they basically asked the exact same questions others posted on here. See Cashier and Seasonal Cashier reviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Can't negotiate

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in November 2014.

Interview

I used all of the other reviews to make sure I was prepared for my interviews. The first interview was over the phone and that took place on a Wednesday morning. She told me she was recommending me for a second interview and to expect to be called that same day or the next day. I called on Monday because I still hadn't received a call and the individual explained they wanted me to come back for a second interview and that she was very busy. I had the second interview yesterday, Wednesday, so the process has taken about a week.

Make sure you are prepared for your interview by taking in all of the advice given here. Before the second interview I was required to watch a video about the job I was applying for, make sure you use things stated in that video during your interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation they let me know what the starting pay was and I agreed to the amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Delran, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Delran, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Online application. Called in a couple days to schedule an interview. They are given a packet with questions to use so all the questions are on this site. If you don't get it then email you.

Anonymous Employee in Vista, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Vista, CA).

Interview

I had my target interview at 9:00am , I got there at 8:45am . Once I got there I went to guest services and told them that I had an interview, he then took me to a computer to fill out a questionnaire (like the one on the application where you're put in a certain situation and have to chose the best /worst answer)that took about 10-15minutes , I then went to guest services again to let them know I was done with the questionnaire, he then told me to go wait at the Starbucks that's inside target . I sat there for about 5 minutes, then a lady came to get me (she was really nice amd made me feel more relaxed ) . We then went into an office and she started interviewing me ,like I said before she made me feel like I could relax and just have a conversation with her . We went over my application , she then started going over my work experience. After that she went over the seasonal cashier position and hours I was willing to work , if I could have a flexible schedule or not and that it pays $10/hr. The first question she asked was "if I were to ask a previous supervisor/teacher what would they say your strengths and weaknesses are ?". Then she asked "why do you want to work at target" . These next questions are out of order but this is what they asked , "tell me about a time when you worked in a group to accomplish a task, and how did it turn out " , " tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how did you resolve that mistake " , " tell my about a time when you had a lot of different tasks you had to accomplish by a certain time and how did you choose which one you were gonna do first " . That was the first interview , then another lady came in and asked the same questions about work experience , experience that can be useful to the Job you're applying for and why you want to work at target and strengths/weaknesses . She then started asking the scenario questions ,"what would you do if you scanned an item and it was 19.99 but the customer said the price tag 17.99" , " A costumer is looking for shoes for her 3 year old son but can't find the specific size . What would you do ? " and the last question was " tell me about a time when you over exceeded someone's expectations , what did you do ? And what was the out come ?". She then had me sign some papers stating that I can leave target at any time before the 90days or target can let you go before the 90 days,and papers about getting a background check . She then told me that I got the job.Now I'm just waiting to get scheduled for orientation. Good luck to those of you that are going in for interviews . Some tips are , don't think about your answers for too long , SMILE , be friendly , and be confident.
    BTW I applied online,I then got a call about a week later on 11/11/14 ,missed that call called back on 11/12/14 scheduled an interview for Thursday 11/13/14 and got hired that same day .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Schedule

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and they called me the next week and did a screening (kinda unexpected, i was caught off guard) The lady asked why i wanted to work at target and what my availability was like. Then she set me up with a phone interview for the next day. The phone interview was about 10-15 min long, your typical strength & weakness, situational questions. Then he set me up with an in store interview for the next day. I went and had to answer more questions at their computer kiosks. Then was directed to the back room to watch a video and had the interview after that. He just asked questions similar to the phone interview and offered me the job on the spot. I have orientation next week. & i have 2 years exp cashiering in a restaurant if that helps.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer
    • What did you learn from the video?   1 Answer
    • What are your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The process for the interview is a little bit different than other retail employers. I had to interview with a total of 3 different people. My initial interview was at 10:00am, then I had another interview at 10:15, and the last one around 10:45am. All of the interviewers asked the same question just in a different way. It was very interesting but I believe the interviewers wanted to see if the potential employee was going to change their answers during the interviews. There was also a personality assessment that you can take at the store or online before you come. After my three interviews I was offered the job and started my training for the position the following week.

Interview Questions

• The interviewing process is the most difficult but not hard because of the similarity of questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked was the pay negotiable but it was not due to the position being seasonal.