Target Senior Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

3.1

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Yakima, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

came in to the local target store and was asked to wait for the ETL on shift. She then came and directed me to her office for the interview asked about experience and basically why I was qualified for the job. The interview was very casual and was not to difficult. Be yourself!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you made a mistake?
    Why target?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview with a recruiter to get a general sense of your personality. Re-directed to the ETL-HR from my working store. The interview was pretty casual and more conversational, followed a structure of questions. Next interview was with STL, same format and structure with interview, very easy-going person. Lastly, an interview with the DTL, asked a series of questions and asked for any of your questions or comments. Overall, it seems a little intimidating but just remember to breathe! If you have the right personality, you will get the job.

Interview Questions

• - What is your biggest accomplishment?
      - Have you ever improved a process?
      - What things have you learned from previous jobs?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

had to interview twice and went in a third time for a meeting and greet. very friendly staff and they want you to communicate what is on your mind. mostly focus on problem solving skills.

Interview Questions

• recall a time you were not able to complete a task   1 Answer

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Was a good experience, a recruiter reached out to me and within two weeks I interviewed with 2 Store Team Leaders in the area and then the District Team Lead. Very professional, not too difficult, positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you lead a team through a difficult or new process.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (San Jose, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

If you pass the first test, you will move onto the next
    1) Phone screening with corporate recruiter
    2) Interview with the ETL (Assistant Manager aka Executive Team Lead)
    3) Interview with the STL (General Manager aka Store Team Lead)

Advice: Prepare, prepare, and practice. Use your resources to look up all the information you can find about the interview process and questions. Just be confident, I know all interviews are nerve wrecking, but just try to be comfortable in your own skin and own it!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Target?   Answer Question

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

My sister's best friend is an APBP in my area, and they both personally know the recruiter for the stores in my area so I got my foot in the door that way. I talked with the recruiter for the original position I was applying for, Executive Team Lead, and a week after that call I got a rejection email. It was determined that I simply didn't have the experience needed. I was bummed of course, but moved on and completely forgot about it. About a week later I received a random phone call from who was later found out to be the STL stating that they have some openings in the store they think I'd be great for, and they'd received my resume from the recruiter and would like to bring me in for an interview to if I was interested - I accepted. I went in for an interview on a Wednesday, it lasted about an hour, and I had 2 interviews back to back - first with an ETL & the second with the STL. They both went well. Mainly " Tell me about a time.." based questions that are all located on this site. After my interview with the ETL, she had me sign papers for a background check. After my interview with the STL she told me that if they were to proceed the next step would be an interview with the DTL. It is currently Saturday, and I should hear something back on Monday.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is simply and requires you to answer only a couple of questions. You apply and within a couple days they call you in for an interview. During the interview process they ask 4-5 different questions on how well you demonstrate certain situations, such as, explainin a situation when you had to work with a someone you disagreed with or explain a time when you were trying to complete a task and got interrupted. They are basically just trying to make sure you have some experience and can act professionally.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to involve someone higher up than you in a situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

When it came to negotiation i have to say there was none. When i asked about my pay i was told that i am getting higher than anyone else because my experience was taken into consideration, however, this is was not true.

Senior Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

It's essentially the same as applying when you get hired but they want to know more specifics like actually numbers and percentages and what you did to drive that. It all depends on your leader and DTL and what personality they have..sometimes, it's easy to read them and you can be more yourself if you make small jokes and are easy going; other times, you have to stick to just the question and answer. And as always, don't give them information they did not ask for.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about a process that you worked to improve in the store? (They want specific process and the actual results....numbers/percentages)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Yorkville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Target (Yorkville, IL).

Interview

I applied on line and received a phone call to come in and and have an interview at the store. I met with the HR first, then I had an interview with the store manager. After I passed both of those, I met with the district manager. Then went for my drug test, and upon passing that. I received an offer, signed papers, went to an orientation, then trained in a different store for 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake. How did you fix it and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time that you had to multi-task?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Greensboro, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process took about a week and a half and consisted of three total interviews: 1st with Human Resource representative, 2nd with the Store Team Leader, and 3rd with the District Team Leader. The interview was pretty average. All the questions are behavioral/ situational, where they are look for CAR (context, action, result). They are looking for "big picture" items so be sure to fully define the scope and complexity of each situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself while highlighting major accomplishments.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a professional disagreement and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to motivate a group of individuals to meet a common goal.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you were not able to meet a goal and what was the situation.   Answer Question