Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 29, 2017

2.2

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Longmont, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Longmont, CO).

Interview

The interview itself was short and sweet, probably no more than 10 minutes, I was interviewed with the direct supervisor, one on one, the questions were easy and geared toward how well you would re act in different situations and circumstances.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict and diversity?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

you must pass the first interview. Then there will be another interview to test your decision-making skills. And lastly, the third and final interview will determine if you are hired

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

I went into the store and filled out an application on their computer system as well as an assessment. Shortly after that I was interviewed by 2 of the Team Leads on shift (separate interviews). After the second interview the Team Leads met together and decided to move forward with hiring me. They informed me that I needed to pass the background check and the drug screening and once those results were in they would call me back to schedule my shifts. I did the drug test next day and was called back the next day and was working 3 days after I applied.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you have the necessary skills to be a Target team member?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Federal Way, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Lengthy. 3 interviews total. Interview questions were simple and straight forward. The last interview wasn't technically an interview but more of a sit down and talk to the store manager. The interviews were not stressful at all. They were quite easy. If you have prior experience to the position you apply for that is good for you.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. Ask questions about my availability, gave info on the job and whether or not I would be able to perform it. Then they moved onto questions relating to my past experiences. After the initial interview was over, they asked me to come back the next day and interview with a manager. This interview was a bit of the same but with different questions.
    Go in with good energy and a couple of experiences you can go back to and you will be golden.

Interview Questions

• What would a past employer or teacher say is a strength of yours? A weakness?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were interrupted and how did you deal with that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to teach something to another person   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone who didn't agree with you and how that situation played out.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not much to negotiate. After the interview they took me to their hq rep and she told me when orientation was and what my starting salary would be

Anonymous Employee in Compton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Compton, CA).

Interview

You wait for them to call you to one of the mangers' or team leaders office. They interview you and ask questions. Send you out. They then either call you in for a second interview or just give you orientation then and there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Murfreesboro, TN) in April 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about 3 weeks. I applied at an in-store computer, and within one week they scheduled me for an interview. The interview itself was extremely quick (took about 10 minutes); I was interviewed by an HR manager, and we sat in the store training room. Every time I gave an answer, he'd write something on a worksheet. A lot of the questions in the interviews are on here, so please review the questions. They e-mailed me a week later that I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you disagreed with a co-worker and what you did to overcome the situation.   Answer Question

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First, I had a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes. Typical canned questions that anyone can bs there way through with half a brain. The interviewer said everything sounded great and gave me a in person interview about 4 days later. The interview was at 4:45am, I thought it was a joke. I at least prepared myself more thinking this was some test since the job started at 4am, and maybe this was a test. I arrived with 2 other applicants, who were dressed like they were headed to the gym. I haven't interviewed in 8 years, but do people no longer dress decent for job interviews? The interviewer seemed to be just a regular worker or maybe a team lead. She was very nice and personable but I expected an HR rep or manager or something. This interview involved the same canned questions which she read from a script and wrote down. I might as well just wrote down the answers myself, as it seemed my dress, demeanor, enthusiasm, etc. made no difference. We were then informed we would hear from them in a week. I don't care too much because it's just a back up job, but this is why companies have high turnover and crappy employees. No discretion, no emotion, canned questions, and a crappy screening process. I'll never understand, well I kinda do they probably don't give a crap and want anyone with a pulse.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a difficult situation, and what did you do to overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McDonough, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (McDonough, GA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was led to believe that the job I applied for was a full time job. Nowhere on the job description does it say that ALL hourly jobs are part time, or I would not have applied. Only at the end of interview process was I told that the job was part time and only for up to 20 hours a week during training but most weeks would only be 16 hours .

Interview Questions

• I was asked if the 16 hour work week was what I was looking for.   1 Answer

I'm looking for full time employment .

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Sacramento, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process began with 2 phone interviews. After 2nd phone interview, I had an in-person interview with the ETL of backroom. ETL offered me the job on the spot after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• What would a past employer or teacher say is a strength or weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you were interrupted and how did you work around that?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to work with someone who didn't agree with you and how that situation turned out.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   Answer Question