Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Target Back Room Team Member Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Columbus, OH) in January 2011.

Interview

They called me to come in and interview five times. Once there, the single interview went smoothly. Once into the job I found out that I was lied to and that a 40 hour per week position did not exist for the position I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time in which you and a co-worker had a dispute. How did you resolve the issue?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Loveland, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR, told me to come in Monday. I came in and took a skills test and waited for the team leader to interview me. He came out and told me he didn't even realize he was doing an interview today. We went to the back room and he asked me several behavioral based questions. He was pretty nice, but he was like a robot reading the script word for word. When he was done, he told me that the Executive Leam Leader would interview me next. He left and 5 minutes later the ETL came in, clearly looking like he didn't want to be there. He asked several more behavioral based questions, told me we would be in touch (which means no at Target), and I left. Got an e-mail 3 days later saying they weren't interested. It didn't even seem like they consider me despite having 4 and a half years of retail experience.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Pasadena, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

There are a total of three interviews. The first one is over the phone. If they like the way you answered the questions over the phone, they will give you a call to go into the store for an in-person interview. In this interview they will take you in a group to see a short video of what the job is about. They will then take you one by one to have an in person interview, while everyone else is filling out a questionnaire. Finally, after all of this they will give you a call for the third "interview". I place the hyphens because it's more of a job offering. They inform you that you have to take a drug test in a given location within twenty-four hours.

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bay Shore, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

1) Applied online. 2) Got called 3 weeks later to schedual for an interview. 3) Interviewed by a supervisor (team leader) and the head of HR department. All situational based questions. Can't remember any specific ones. They write your answers down as you speak.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NONE

Anonymous Employee in Huber Heights, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Huber Heights, OH) in September 2012.

Interview

I was called the day after I submitted my online application and resume. I went in for an interview, completed some computer psychological tests, interviewed with the GSTL and ETL back to back, answering some of the same questions. Both had "interview booklets" they were writing in while I was speaking. After the interview with the ETL a young HR rep came into the room with a handful of papers and very mater-of-factly informed me that I was being offered a position as a team member, front end, at $7.75/hour and gave me the information about when and where to obtain my mandatory drug test. I left feeling very confused, not certain about what job I had been offered exactly (we had discussed more than one) and when and where I would be training and working.

Interview Questions

• Why Target? Not a hard one for me to answer, just unexpected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was none. I was offered $7.75/hour, part-time. My first pay check indicated that I was making $8/hour. Never questioned it. After my 90-day-probation my rate went to $8.25/hr. almost automatically. Again I never questioned it and no one offered any explaination.

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Interview

Simple apply online then get call for interview. Then if pass interview drug test background screen, then offered job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple told base salary no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Tucson, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

The interview is very simple. It is essentially a joke. The only thing anyone need worry about is making sure to get to the lab they send you to for a urine drug-screening test within 24 hours of the job offer.

Interview Questions

• What is something that your previous employer would ask less of you?   1 Answer

Target Back Room Team Member Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target in January 2013.

Interview

Went in early. Well dressed and fresh looking. I was told to sit on a bench by the registers for about 15 mins. After being called in I met the HR. Asked questions on leadership, scenarios for helping guests, and what could I bring to Target. Than I met the LOD of Logistic who asked the same questions. After that, I met the Back Room team lead who asked the same questions. All of them were very nice and not to forcing.

Interview Questions

• The most Difficult question asked was how have I been a leader before and how can I bring leadership to Target. That was the first and most biggest value Target seemed to look for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Allow your interviewer to know that you enjoy customer service, fast pace work, and that you have leadership skills to lead others. Always respond positive and honest.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in November 2012.

Interview

(Note: this application process takes weeks ! ) Basically I applied on the store's computer terminal because they needed seasonal workers. Aside from your basic information,job experience, availability,they give you a personaility test, depends on what positions you choose to apply for, will depend how many questions you are asked. I got asked about 90, while my friends only 48. They basically want to see if you can work in a team, are a problem solver, and can work independently, and of course if you are a stable happy-go lucky person. Its annoying. Expect to spend more than an hour.
    Got called in a week for a phone interview. They asked me situaltional questions, the same as everyone has listed in here. They let me know I will be called in for a 1 on 1 in person interview.
    Another week later I was called by a manager to come in for 1 on 1 interview. The day came and I had to take an Assessment Test on the computer (30mins). The manager was down to earth and super nice. Interview went similar to the phone interview, with more situational questions..about what to do when you ring up and item and the customer tells you it's listed as a cheaper price on the shelf, or a mother looking for a particular shoe size for her son, what do you do ? etc. What are your strenghs and weaknesses blah blah. FInally after a long time, I was told to expect a call soon for a 3rd interview from a higher manager to finally be hired ! I was frustruated by this time due to the process taking so long and I just needed to make $ fast, cuz then I would prob wait another 2 weeks to actually get paid. By the time I got called in to come in, Its been 3 weeks into the process. I went in for an informal interview with the other manager and it went fine, they told me I got hired and gave me a slip to go take a drug test within 24 hrs. Done. All that for $ 8.25 an hour, and for only seasonal work, on top of that, they never give you 40 hours a week, always less...

Interview Questions

• Recall a time when you had to work as a team to achieve a goal. Recall a time when you had to deal with a customer complaint and how did you fix it. What are your Strenghs and Weaknesses   Answer Question

Process took way too long. Got another job cuz I really needed the Money right away, plus they weren't hiring for permament positions. Plus they Never give you 40 hours a week.

Anonymous Employee in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Alhambra, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call the same day but missed that call so thankfully they tried again the next day and told me to come in five days later at 8am for an interview. This 'interview' was just a skills/personality test and then they said to come back next Monday to continue the process. This was a long process. I waited for over 2 hours before I was interviewed by the first person, waited some more for the 2nd person to interview me, then waited a little more and got the offer from an HR person in addition to instructions about taking the drug test. The total time was about 3 hours by the time I left.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to do a lot of things in a short amount of time.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you greatly exceeded expectations.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to finish a project as a team.   Answer Question
    • A woman comes in the store looking to buy some children's shoes but the size she's looking for on the shoe she wants isn't on the display. What do you do?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake, how did you fix it, and what were the outcomes?   Answer Question