Target Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Target Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Apple Valley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Apple Valley, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fast. The questions were asked but it was all in a rush so they didnt even get to know me as much. Since the interview was sort of in a rush it made me hesitant in my responses.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Winona, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Winona, MN) in July 2017.

Interview

Three seperate interviews with different levels of management. All interviews were on the same day. Basic questions regarding availability and previous work experience. Several repeat questions in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle situation x?   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got called the next day for an interview for the following day so basically its been a 3 day process. Then I arrived there were a lot of people but i tried to remain strong. When it was my turn, the first interviewer was Soo nice! She liked how i expressed my self and it was good with laughing and bonding. She told me to wait for the second interview which was from the Team Leader. I did great on that and she told me to go to HR because i had gotten the job it was like a 2 hour process! But im glad it went smooth, probably the best interview i ever had.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work for target?   Answer Question
    • They are going to ask basic questions, about what if and and situation questions to see how you would have handled them. Pretty easy because you are talking based off your experience.   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was really easy, stuff like why Target and then situational based questions. However, if you can't work holidays (such as Thanksgiving and Christmas) you probably won't be chosen for the position.

Target Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got a pre-screening call from HR, scheduled a phone interview for the next day. During the phone interview there were a few situational/behavioral questions, scheduled an in person interview the next day. In person interview was same kind of questions, got a job offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you stood up for yourself in a stressful situation   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went to someone with more experience for help   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Panama City, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Panama City, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

I went in for an interview, and ended up doing 3 in one day and I go back in tomorrow to finish the paperwork. They had me do 2 interviews and then come back later that day for my 3rd and final one where I got a job offering.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you worked with someone you disagreed with.   Answer Question
    • If I contacted your previous boss, what would they say are your areas of improvement?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you exceeded someone's expectations   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied with a referral from a seasonal cashier. With that mention I was immediately scheduled an interview when I was calling HR to confirm whether they received my application. Scheduled the interview with a GSL. Waited about an hour the same day and had a second interview with a slightly higher ranked person and was offered the job on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Hollister, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Hollister, CA).

Interview

Very easy , asked basic questions like why do you want to work at target. I was interviewed by 3 people they were all really laid back. I got a Job offer that same day and I accepted it. It was a great place to work I was sad to leave

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First submit application online or in store. Someone calls to ask about availability and desired position and also desired wage. They also ask for info about previous jobs you worked at and why you left. The also ask about how many hours you want to work. They also ask about school schedule if you are in school.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Asked a lot of questions that did not pertain to my skills as a cashier. Hired me on as a cashier but immediately moved me to Guest Services. Gave me little training on the service desk before scheduling me for closing and opening and all day shifts alone.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a guest you thought might be trying to shoplift   Answer Question