Target Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Target Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

First a phone interview and then an actual interview. A lot of the questions involved explaining situations where you did something related to the job, which myself never having worked was especially difficult to answer.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you provided great customer service   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Britain, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (New Britain, CT) in September 2016.

Interview

After the long online application process which includes multiple assessments, I received confirmation emails, and a week later was informed that I "did not fit the criteria for the position". Prior to that I called to follow up on the status of my application, but it seemed as if the hiring manager had no clue about me or my application.

Interview Questions

• Most of the assessment questions were about how you would respond to specific situations. For example, a customer tries to use an expired coupon. The others were more about choosing the best of two statements that best describes you, for example: I prefer to work independently or I work best as part of a team (Choose which best applies to you).   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target in September 2016.

Interview

One of the managers called me about a week and a half to two weeks after I applied. The woman seemed pretty nice. She told me that she was calling everyone who applied to let them know that they didn't go unnoticed and that Target acknowledged their interest in the company. She then continued to ask me questions about myself and my availability. I ended up not getting the job, and I think a good part of that was because of my schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Honolulu, HI) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. Received email for interview the same day. Interviewed the next day. Got called back for seconded interview that following week.. Very easy and quick. I did two interviews and got hired and now waiting for the background check and orientation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you stood up for yourself ? What experience do u have for the position you applied for ? Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations? Why target ? Tell me about a time you took initiative in leadership? Tell me about a time you had to work with someone u didn't like ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks. I applied online and called in after not receiving a call. They then scheduled me for a phone interview which was 3 days later , the phone interview included situation type questions "Tell me a time when.." after the interview I was scheduled to come in for a face to face interview the following week and was told I would be called to tell me what time to come in. Days went by and no call so I again called in and they rescheduled my interview for the following week at 3. When I got there they sent me to the back where I was told that the person who conducts interviews may not be back from vacation , after an hour and 15 minutes of waiting after my interview was initially scheduled (I should have left) they just got someone else to do it. Very Unprofessional

Target Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Waited an hour until I was called. Was asked a few genetic questions such as describe a time when you had to work in a group. I was rejected through email.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied in person, interview a few days later, hired me at interview. Very simple process you apply at the store at the little computer things near guest services really straight foreword, just wish I could have done it home since it was online and I would've had more time to think about answers to some questions.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Din't negotiate, they offered $8. Took it bc it was $0.75 over min wage

Anonymous Employee in Fairview Park, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fairview Park, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

I was called for an interview, then I scheduled. When I showed up at Target, I proceeded to be interviewed by three people in tandem. At the end I was offered a job and signed some paperwork. They said they would call me within two weeks. It took more, and

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Brooklyn, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy and quick. I applied online two weeks later I got a call. I did a quick interview over the phone, then was told to come in for an interview. I did 3 interviews in one day and got hired on the spot and now waiting for the backround check and orientation . glass door defiantly helped me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you stood up for yourself ? What experience do u have for the position you applied for ? Tell me about a time you exceeded expectations? Why target ? Tell me about a time you took intiative in leadership? Tell me about a time you had to work with someone u didn't like ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation they offered 10.50 an hour and I'm fine with that.

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target (Sugar Land, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied early February. Took about 3 months I even forgot i applied for the job. I got a call for an interview which was the following day. This wasn't my first time going for a target interview. the fist one was quick and they said i should give them a couple of days then I got a call that said i didn't get the job. But the second interview at a different target, i had 3 interviews on spot with Team leader, then the Manager then HR who told me i got the job and gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

In the application they ask what's your desired pay rate but all starters get $10. I believe if you have more experience they start you off with a higher pay rate.