Target Target Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Target Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Target

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in May 2016.

Interview

Was asked to wait by the fitting rooms, had my first interview with the Human Resources leader and they just asked me a few questions like "tell me about a time where you've developed leadership in a certain situation", then I was asked to wait for I could get a second interview from the Assests Protection team leader, and they asked me similar questions. It was very easy. The First Lady came back and hired me on the spot. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you've shown leadership.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poughkeepsie, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Poughkeepsie, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was quite interesting. He was a nice man. They were all rathe rnice and helped me through it even though i didnt have any prior experience. From what i have they were all friendly with each other. The manager was also quite lively. I hope to get that job

Interview Questions

• What was the most you did for a customer.   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from them the next morning. I was in class so I missed the call but called back and was asked a few questions over the phone. They then asked to schedule an interview for the next week. When I got there, I already had a feeling that it was not going to go well. They were openly talking in front of me while I waited about other applicants being rushed through the second interview to get them hired. The interviewer arrived after I was waiting for about fifteen minutes and completely rushed through the interview. He was not yet done writing down the answer to one question before he had moved on to the other and it was as though he was not really paying attention to me, but was instead focused on finishing the interview as fast as he could. In fact, when the interview was over, he thanked me and said he had gotten through the interview the "fastest he had yet" and then walked me out and said he would call me for a second interview that afternoon. I never received a call back and instead got an email about four days later saying that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where your attitude changed a negative situation   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time you had to work with someone you did not get along with   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Burnsville, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Burnsville, MN) in April 2016.

Interview

There were actually 2 interviews back to back. If you made it through the first one, you were pretty much guaranteed a position after the second one. Both of my interviewers were very nice, and I felt comfortable. I was a little worried at first considering it was my first job, but the process was simple and there was no need to worry. If you're serious about the position and can show some positivity and a smile, you'll be fine. It's important to act professional as well as dress professional because they don't know you really so the interview process is pretty much them getting a feel for who you are. Be sure to know your availability beforehand so you aren't stumped if they ask you to open it up a bit. Make sure to make yourself as open as you can possibly manage and realize that they won't necessarily put you completely in that availability slot.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you encountered something difficult, what did you do to overcome this.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Target (Denver, CO) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online two days later I got a called in to do an interview, the interviewer was a supervisor, she asked why do you want to work here, what would be the days you could work and what us your prior work experience. After that interview I waited 10 min then I had a second interview, the interviewer was the manager of the store, she asked the same question, and she was very friendly she talked about how Target was flexible if you were going to school. Then two day later I had a third interview, the interviewer made the schedules, she asked the same question. The two day later I got an email saying that I didn't get the job. The experience was pretty good, when I was waiting for my interview the staff at the store kept coming over and talking to me.

Anonymous Employee in New Bern, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (New Bern, NC).

Interview

The interview process was a series of questions that highlighted personal strengths and weakness. It lasted about 15 minutes. It was held by one of the mangers in a back area. It was very easy going interview in a relaxed atmosphere .

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Raleigh, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

Asked a bunch of questions about life experience and how you overcome obstacles. It was evident they were looking for positive, upbeat people who are dependable and excited about working at Target.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time where you had to stick up for yourself.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

The person interviewing me was very friendly, polite, and patient. The questions applied to the position. My wife was allowed to be in the interview with me as my native language is Arabic. Sometimes I needed her to explain to me the question.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about a past experience when I had to work with someone whom I did not like and how did I handle it.   Answer Question

Target Cashier Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Always loved target since i was a child and i live 5 mins walk from them. Always spent like 2 hours at target so when i saw the hiring signed i applied then talked with a couple employees who knew me well cause thet see me several times a week. Plus i have experience so which makes me more then well qualified. Finally got the interview went there dress in khaki khaki pants and red shirt with little to no makeup and looking professional. I had to wait for what seemed like 45 minutes and when the hiring manager came she could barely speak any English and she did thet Interview everything seem great and I was told that I was a kid I will be getting a call back. But never received any calls after 2 weeks so I called him back and I was told I didn't get the position.

Interview Questions

• when do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • why did you want to work here   1 Answer

Target Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call few weeks later. Had me waiting at a starbucks inside the store until a team member was available. went to an office room where they asked me situational questions. easy.