Target Team Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Team Lead Interview Questions

3.2

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Oklahoma City, OK) in May 2017.

Interview

Asking you to recall a time something didn't work out with a guest, what was the situation, what did you do, and what was the result. Mostly difficult for the fact you must think of a past situation on the spot in all the questions.

bogus process ...they would hire someone who hasn't been there that long over the people who've been there for years who have gone above and beyond.

Interview Questions

• Why should you get the position as team lead   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

Interviewer read questions from a company created list. Pretty standard. Several questions pointed toward gauging honesty. Most questions were behavioral, based on previous work experiences. For the Team Lead position there were two interviews. The process was quick, taking only 3 days before being offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a co-worker or supervisor. What did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Wilmington, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke to HR rep, then met with an executive team lead and the HR rep, then the HR rep and the store manager. The whole process was fairly straightforward

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next day. The day after that I had my first interview with the store team lead and the HR team lead at the same time. They have a worksheet of questions they ask you nothing out of the ordinary. They left for a few moments and came back telling me I had made it through the first round and made a appointment for me to meet with the district lead a few days later. Hours after I had met with the DTL I received an email from a different Targets STL to make plans for a phone interview. I had the phone interview two days later and it was the same questions as the first two interviews basically. They called me about a week later with a offer for a higher position than I applied for.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were a name a time or experience type. For example explain when you had to show your leadership qualities or name a time you made a mistake.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered me much more than I expected. No negotiation needed.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target in September 2013.

Interview

easy, just be confident and show off your leadership qualities. Target is looking for people that can work with a team and get results. Innovation is a plus, but be yourself, don't try and fit a mold, different types of leaders are needed for different roles, and at different times.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation...

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Liverpool, NY) in April 2012.

Interview

Basic standard questions by a team lead, an etl, then the store team lead.

Appy first through an online panel, then do one on one interviews. Sometimes a phone interview with the district team lead is the last step depending on what position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

3 20 min interviews with ETL HR, ETL GE and STL. After passing those interview with District Manager. All situational questions, tell me about a time you worked as part of a team. Tell me a time you made a mistake. 3 part answers. Situation, your part in it, outcome and what you learned. Both ETL's were new to Target and no help in drawing out from you if your were stuck. STL and DM were good at explaining what they wanted in answers and asking follow-up questions. They are looking for team players who will remain calm in high stress situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake   Answer Question
    • How would you stay in touch with your team members that worked on days you weren't in the store   Answer Question

Not enough money

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in January 2011.

Interview

Just a few questions. tell me about yourself. why applying for this job. why we should hire you. what experience do you have. when can you start. what working for this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington, KY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Lexington, KY) in April 2010.

Interview

Receiving/Learning from Feedback, Execution, Talent Management, Driving Change, Demonstrating Courage, Maximizing Relationships, and Managing Performance. They want brief but detailed stories (what was the situation, how did you handle it, and what was the outcome) that truly demonstrate your ability in the areas mentioned.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to give bad information (criticism, disagreement, etc) to a superior.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in February 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for a Flow Team Lead Position. The interview consisted of three 30 minute interviews with an HR representative, an Executive Team Leader (Assistant Store Manager) and the Store Manager. The interview questions were behavioral/situational based and focused heavily on leadership experience. Overall it was a good experience. The skills test took about 30-45 minutes and tested math skills as well as behavioral/situational skills. The test also sought answers relating to your personality and how you interact with others.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation but Target pays for performance. If you perform well you will be recognized for your performance.