Target Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Springfield, VA).

Interview

As Leader position , the postulate needs to go with three interviewers ( Human Resources, Executive, Store Manager), each level has a specific type of question and it is better to know how to sell yourself to get the offer and a good wage.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a non respectful guest?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

They have you fill out an questionnaire when you get there that's takes about 20 to 30 minutes. Then you will meet with one of the executive team leader and he or she will interview you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strength that would help this company progress?   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

The interview was very informal. The first round was with the store HR rep. I was called back that evening to schedule the second round. The Second interview was a day or so later with the store manager and then a phone interview with the district manager that same day. The questions provided on glassdoor where spot on. Very helpful

Interview Questions

• Give a situation where you did not agree with your supervisor, how did you handle it   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

The interview process was extremely thorough. Additionally, the information found on Glassdoor was extremely helpful and accurate. There was a phone interview...questions were in the STAR format. Then an in person interview with the GM...followed by a high level meeting with upper management.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you handled a difficult employee and what was the ultimate outcome   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interview process was a total of 3 interviews consisting of 3-4 personal experience and situational questions each. They were looking for actual examples and a certain format- situation, behavior, outcome. Confidence is a must and they were looking for someone that was willing to lead the group. First interview was with HR, then STL, then the district team lead, all on different days.

Anonymous Employee in Queens Village, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target (Queens Village, NY).

Interview

I interviewed with the store team lead, executive team lead, and district team lead. 3 interviews and they asked similar questions. They ask about previous experience and see if you're qualified for the position

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you realized that you had made a mistake?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Fremont, CA).

Interview

You should meet with the STL first, then the DTL or some type of multi unit manager. The process changed back in 2014, You will be interviewed over the phone first by an hourly manager. Your first in person interview might be with an Assistant Manager. Once you are in front of a multi unit manager, you know you are interviewing for either $20+ an hour or $65K a year salaried manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was contacted by the HR TL and went in for an interview. He was very nice and friendly. I felt my conversation with him went well. I was then sent in a tour with another team leader which was unexpected. When I got back i was invited back for another interview win the store team lead. This interview felt a bit awkward. I was told I would hear back the following Monday and didn't hear anything. I called and was told I would know by the end of the week. Woke up to a form email a week later saying I wasn't being offered the position with no explanation.

Interview Questions

• STAR format. These are all pretty generic interview questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I was recruited online, and had two other interviews to follow. I last met with the Store manager who told me more about the position and asked a few general questions.

Team Leader Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Target in July 2016.

Interview

The whole process was very long and disorganized. First, you fill an application and assessment then you wait for a call back. I had to wait at least a week to get a call back from the store that was close to my home. Afterwards, they briefly explain the position over the phone and ask if your still interested then, they proceed with setting up the interview. This is where it gets very disorganized, they schedule the interview based on the management schedule and in my case, the manager was on vacation so I basically had to wait a month, to be seen. Furthermore, when it came time for my interview and I arrived at my location, there was no one waiting for me. I had to go to quest services and explains that I was there for an interview. Moreover, I had to wait over a hour for the manager to come and greet me. When I finally got to the interview, the manager basically asked generic interview questions in a packet that is supposedly the standard for target. There was no attempt to actually great to know me as a candidate, beyond the questions. In addition, my interview kept getting interrupted by store associate coming in to see the manager, without knocking. It's very uncomfortable and unprofessional. Once, the interview was done, I knew I was not going back since this process was a mess for me, I never understand why retail stores want candidates to jump over hoops for these jobs. They are low paying jobs, and they don't treat candidates with respect. I now understand why target has positions that been open for months, since they don't treat candidates well. Luckily, I was able to receive an offer from a better company. Target was just my backup and after the way I was treated, I would never apply there again.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when you made a mistake on the job and how you resolved it.   Answer Question