Target Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

3.1

195 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Atlanta, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was tough. Don't think that you can simply Google, "interview questions" and you'll be prepared for this. They structure their interviews be sure that you have to and can think on your feet; remain calm; and tell a cohesive and comprehensive story/answer.
They are also looking for your ethics and personality to be displayed through the entirety of the interview. So be sure to talk about a hobby of yours or a group that you do/did that you are passionate about. Target wants to hire people, not robots. It's okay for every answer to not be 100% perfect, but smile, ask questions and do your research on Target before the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you made a mistake?   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for retail?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you went against leadership (boss, professor, ect.) effectively.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you excelled in a leadership role.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you professionally overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted shortly after for an interview for a Team Lead position. Got to the interview, and got the ol' switcharoo. It was an interview for general Team Member employees.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions for retail interview- your experience, your availability, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

Pretty straight forward. All scenario questions. They would ask you a question an you need to give them an answer based on your experiences. You had your first interview with a team leader who had you answer three of these types of questions. If you passed this round then a executive team leader would come in and ask you three harder type of questions as well. From there if you passed this round you would in most cases receive the offer right then and there.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions, but most were based on a setting like "tell me about a time when....   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oconomowoc, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Oconomowoc, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple as it was conducted right on my school's campus. The HR reps were very nice and granted a calm environment for the interview. I felt like I could have done just a little better job in the interview by being more prepared as I did not have a go to answer for one of the questions(listed below).

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time where you had to tell someone that you were not going to complete a given task on time?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target in January 2016.

Interview

Initially applied online at the store. 1 week later I was contacted for an interview. I brought my resume with me because you can't upload it with your application. I figure you shouldn't be applying for management if you don't have a sufficient resume. The interview went well, especially since they had my resume. The person who interviewed me recognized they had another position that would suit me better. The interview was scenario based and required a lot of self reflection.
    Immediately after the interview, a second person came in for a second interview. This interview was also scenario based but really in depth. He wanted to know my strengths, weaknesses, mistakes and outcomes, conflicts and resolutions. I am now waiting for a third interview. This one is an over the phone interview with someone from corporate.

Interview Questions

• what would a previous supervisor say your biggest strength is?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and what was the outcome   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a team leader for Target?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Normal one on one meeting. Typical standard questions. I met with the hiring individual and she asked me series of questions. Nothing too difficult. I proceeded to answer them. After I answer, she asked if I had any questions and the interview was done. Basic, simple interview.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Riverside, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

First interview was a phone call. She had to reschedule twice because she was stuck in traffic and busy. She was friendly and professional, asked typical questions about scenarios requiring the STAR answer format. Was looking to hire someone during Winter quarter instead or after my graduation in Spring. Did not mention this ahead of time before the interview..

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Newark, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview with general behavioral questions. Use the questions as an opportunity to talk about your previous professional experience. In addition, the recruiters seemed to appreciate the fact that I had questions to ask after the interview. Be prepared to ask questions and to build off of them. It wasn't a tough interview, questions were simple, as long as you have the experience to relate back to each one.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difference in opinion with someone.
      Tell me about a time you weren't able to fulfill an important obligation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Target (Miami, FL).

Interview

Straight forward if you have experience and understand how to answer interview questions, plan to have high quality experienced behavioral examples from past jobs ready and handy,Target normally look for individuals who are over qualified, You will mostly meet with 2-3 individuals all the way up to the District Manager or HR Business Partner, the questions are simple at first but the way its rated is not, be careful. You truly have to showcase experience when answering these questions

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to change/ command a situation with your attitude   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a Southern California Target recruiter who then passed my information on to the San Diego Target managers, who then determined if they had openings at their stores. I was called into the store four times before receiving the position, which seemed like a lot since most of the questions they asked were the same each time. I got some feedback after my final interview from the store team lead which was very nice to receive.