Target Team Leader Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

3.1

196 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Baltimore, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

Three round interview process. Asked scenario based questions revolving around how you have worked with others in some capacity. Asked to describe work related situations and your behaviors that followed the actions

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for target?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, MS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Oxford, MS) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a process of three mini interviews with three people, one right after the other. The last of the three was the Regional Manager. The second interviewer had a higher position than the first interviewer. The first interviewer didn't seem to act like she knew how to interview me. It was an unusual interview because I have a lot of personality and she didn't have much to contribute to our conversation. I had to do most of the work/conversation during the first interview.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had dealing with controversy in the workplace and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Gilbert, AZ) in August 2014.

Interview

There were 4 interviews, 3 in store and there was one at corporate. We mostly just talked about the kind of person I am and how I would be a good fit

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were interrupted while completing at task   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Interview

In 2006, the initial application is held within each store if one decides to fill out an application at the location of interest. If you meet the requirements, you are instantly requested for an interview. If you are successful with the initial interview, you are then welcomed to a second interview following the initial one.

Interview Questions

• I can't really remember but I found the questions are fairly easy and helps provide your work ethics, experience, etc.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 executive team leaders, the store team leader, and the district team leader for a total of 4 interviews. All interviews start with the basics like what are your strengths/opportunities, why you want to work for Target/this position. Then you go into "tell me about a time" questions as well as "what would you do in this situation" questions that give an example of something that involves dealing with guests/managing team members. It's all standardized questions read directly from a pre-printed packet created by Target headquarters.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to challenge your supervisor.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2014.

Interview

I enjoyed the interview process! A team leader interviewed me and when they like you they escalate to an executive team leader and if they like you the district team leader contacted me to do phone interview. It was a long interview process for one day but it was all done quickly and efficiently.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you have experienced with a coworker and how did you handle it!   1 Answer

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

first is by phone second is by person, if you make it. You could have a third. At some places they do a "meet and greet" which is just to get to know you than processed to a second interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NA

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Got the initial interview through my college campus recruiting. Had the first phone interview which lasted around 20 minutes. All the questions were related to your experience as a group leader. Second round of interviews was in person at the office. I was supposed to meet with two people and only met with one. She was about 30 minutes late and the interview only lasted 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What long term goal changed your day to day operations?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Interview

I was an internal hire.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer will ask you random questions sometimes.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Albuquerque, NM) in May 2014.

Interview

Behavior, Situation, Outcome questions all based on leadership qualities. Met with a recruiter on campus, phone interview with HR, in store interview with executive, interview with District Team Leader, interview with Store Team Leader. Then they gave the job offer, I asked for a higher amount of money they accepted. Employment was pending background and drug test. They no longer drug test.