Target Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

2.2

79 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in August 2017.

Interview

2 step interview (I did both steps on the same day with different people). 7 or 8 tell me a time when... questions. Offered the job after the second interview. I could tell I was going to get the job when I finished the first interview. Transitioned from interview to hiring process very fast.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you sold a item or idea to someone. How did you do it? How did they take it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in August 2017.

Interview

it was a little long, but straight to the point. I was interviewed twice and was hired on the spot. I have to wait for my background check to clear before i start orientation/training.

Interview Questions

• what was one of my weaknesses?   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was a simple process. I was called by a human resources from a target store that I applied for, awhile back and was scheduled for an interview the following day. I had 2 back to back interviews with the team leader and the manager. They were both very friendly and I was asked situational questions about different scenarios from my weaknesses to accomplishments. I was offered the position after my interview and they wanted to cross-train me in everything which I loved and I told them I would love to move up to leader and the manager was willing to work with me to get there, which I appreciated. I accepted the offer and filled out information for background check and I'm now waiting to start next week, when my background check clears.

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Manhattan Beach, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview and hiring process took only me three days. I applied online Saturday night and I got a phone call from HR Sunday morning and had my phone screen interview and was asked to come in Monday morning for another interview. When I came in I did have to wait for at 15 minutes which is not so bad because they were dealing with a customer. After that I had my interview which was fairly new do to them revamping the interview questions for that department. I did have an ETL trannie in my interview I was also asked to do an on the floor drill which was basically to sell a product. Once we can back in the room I was offered a job right away.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied online and got called almost a week later. I did a short interview on the phone that went well, but since the call got dropped (service was bad) she just called back and told me to come in and do an in-person interview. I had no experience working as a barista or any retail experience but she said it was fine and I got the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When did you act in a role of leadership and how did it go?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work for Target (and as a barista)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Warrenville, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Warrenville, IL).

Interview

Applied in person and was interviewed the same day. Very quick process. Was offered the same day before I left and had to take a drug test within 24 hours. Upon passing the drug test I got a call a few days later about orientation. The entire process from application to orientation took less than a week.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target in May 2017.

Interview

there's three interview process, first is the one with general questions like what is your strength? what would you do in this blablabla situations, why did you want to work at target? then the second interview is about your schedule and other stuff

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call a couple weeks later. The phone call was a short and simple screening interview to make sure I was a human being capable of rational thought before they invited me to go into the store for an interview. I interviewed with the ETL and one of the other Leaders in the store. It seemed like a pretty basic interview; a lot of "Tell me about a time when..." type of questions. The day after the interview I was told to come into the store to sign the hiring paperwork and that was that!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had a huge list of things to accomplish; how did you prioritize and did you get everything done?   Answer Question

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call for a phone interview then a follow up in person interview. The phone interview was very quick and the person was friendly. The in person interview was also quick and the interview was pretty easy.

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Cambridge, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Q and A with supervisors
    Very pleasant experience,low pressure,and supervisors very easy to speak with.A casual interview experience that let me know that the work experience with would be great. I felt really valued and seen in the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with a coworker   1 Answer