Target Team Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Target Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Encinitas, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Encinitas, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I got called in for an interview, I filled out some paper work, I interviewed with the team leader in charge of the toys / electronic area (the place I applied for) he asked me basic questions about schedule demands and how much I might know about the stuff I would be selling. Then I interviewed with HR and put in information for a background check, then they said if the background check clears I got a job and they would call when orientation would be.

Interview Questions

• What was a time I had to stand up for myself at work.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Target

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Kansas City, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

First, pass the behavioral psychology test (ex: "Would you steal if..."). Then an interview with a Team Leader with a set of 4 questions graded on a scale of 1-5. Then an interview with a Senior Team Leader or Executive with a different set of 4 questions graded on a scale of 1-5. Then lastly, an in-person interview/offer with the HR or Store Team Leader.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you were interrupted while completing a task.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I had an interview right after my first one, and I was hired on the spot. Probably because I had previous retail experience, but this job is not hard to get.

Interview Questions

• What would your last supervisor say is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Target (Albuquerque, NM) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process were fairly standard. I did have to wait for around 25 minutes before someone could come and interview me, but considering they have Team Leads (who are also working on the sales floor) conduct interviews, it didn't bother me too much. Very friendly and welcoming environment with in-depth questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your strengths? What are areas that could be improved on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Philadelphia, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview process, normal 2 people interviewers that asks normal questions. Just talk about how awesome you are. Target wants people that are enthusiastic about their job so be enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• What experiences do you have that relates to customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Interviewer's questions came from a template that was geared primarily toward weeding out people who would have any prejudice against others who were of a different race, gender, age, nationality, religion, etc. There were also some behavioral questions. I found it curious that they did not ask anything about my strengths or weaknesses. I think this information would be necessary to know in order to find the best possible fit for a new employee. Apparently Target does not care whether a new hire has any aptitude for the task that management wants to assign to the person. All the company wants is for all of its employees to be interchangeable robots.

Interview Questions

• Some questions started like this: "Tell me about a time when you did _______________."   1 Answer

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Target in April 2016.

Interview

Very easy interviews with mostly situational questions. Have to go through a brief phone screening then 3 on site interviews, 1 with hr and 2 with other managers on duty.

Team Member Interview

Interview

phone call and then schedule an interview after you schedule an interview you have to call a number after you call the number you can go ahead to your interview and if you don't you don't get hired.

Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Target.

Interview

Applied Online and Interviewed in person. Online process was basic. I entered basic personal information. Not too many hard questions. You had to do the basic personality test. It did not take too long.

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

It was textbook and formulaic. The interviewers literally just read questions from a piece of paper and then filled it out by hand. Almost awkward because there would be absolute silence as they wrote down your answers.