Target Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2017

2.4

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Target (Woodbridge, VA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed twice separately by two different people. The whole process took about an hour. They were really nice and understanding that most of the questions were pretty difficult to answer. They asked a lot of situational questions which I had trouble coming up with answers for on the spot. Just be talkative, make eye contact, and show that you're really interested in getting the job. They really want people who are bubbly and talkative.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were working with a team and you disagreed with one of your team members. What was your solution and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say you could improve on?   Answer Question
    • If I contacted one of your previous teachers, what would they say your greatest strengths are?   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Target (Springfield, VA).

Interview

As Leader position , the postulate needs to go with three interviewers ( Human Resources, Executive, Store Manager), each level has a specific type of question and it is better to know how to sell yourself to get the offer and a good wage.

Interview Questions

• How to deal with a non respectful guest?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I spoke with them at my school's career fair. They asked me a couple of questions then set me up for an interview. The interview first asked me basic questions about me and then asked about experiences in particular situations.

Interview Questions

• Why Target?
      Tell us about a time you had to solve a problem in a way that was not obvious at first?
      Tell us about a customer service experience? How did you help them? What was the outcome?
      Tell us about a time you proactively completed a task without being asked?
      Answer Question

Executive Team Leader (ETL) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Signed up for initial interview at career fair. Target provided some optional interview prep which I found beneficial. First interview was w/STL and ETL. Starts with small talk and your elevator speech. Then STAR questions come from a printed packet. At this point interviewers will begin to take heavy notes. I interviewed for about 30 min - after I was brought back in and told I'd be moving forward. Next interview I had the option (implied) of 1:1 or Skype interview. Tip: if you have the time/option, go meet in person. This gesture goes a long way with employers and allows you to show off many of your professional formalities (handshake, attire, eye contact, posture, non-verbals, etc.). This interview was with a District Manager. I loved the interview process with Target. They were friendly and most importantly professional, great experience.

Tips: (1) show up early and scan the store. From this develop some questions that let the interviewer know you got here early to analyze store operations. (2) Always dress for the position you want! They advertise "business professional" so make sure your looking 100. (3) Take 5-10 secs after STAR questions are asked to formulate your answer, this will save you from rambling on or skipping a step in the process. If you don't have an answer ask to come back to the question at the end. (4) Research the company and ask questions the interviewer didn't see coming, this shows interest. (5) Bring copy of resume on resume paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you took initiative to solve a complex problem?
      Why Target?
      Tell me about yourself?
      Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in California, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Target (California, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy. It was a two-part process: one for the application, and one for one-on-one scenario situations. Unfortunately, I did not receive an offer for it.

Interview Questions

• What was one time you encountered a bad experience with a co-worker?   Answer Question

Sales Floor Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forestville, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Target (Forestville, MD).

Interview

I went to a hiring event they were having for seasonal team members. If you called ahead of time they told you to dress professional and bring a resume, The interview was really quick and easy but for target I suggest you prepare for little personality questions like "tell me about yourself?" & "why do you want to work for target?". I only did one interview with the store manager so he hired me on the spot. it won't always be that way though because you might not get the store manager you'll get a team leader. it really fast though I was the very first name called back to interview it was nerve racking at first but once you sit down with them it'll be fine just speak clearly and confidently and smile a lot but not like a crazy person then they'll love you ! also, research the company and really know why you want to work for them.

Seasonal Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Bowie, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

AMAZING EXPERIENCE!! Interviewed with Target and the process took about an hour. I came in to set up my interview after filling out the application online. I came in as an applicant at 9:45am and was a starting Target Team Member by 11am. Was escorted to the back room to begin the interview process with a Team Leader, asked to wait in the break room after the first interview and met with another Team Leader for the second part of the interview; reviewed my availability and was made an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Target? Name a time when you had to teach someone something new. Name a time when you disagreed with a team member.   Answer Question

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Target (College Park, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Met recruiter at on campus event, continued to come to Target events, interviewed as underclassman, no offer, interviewed again this year as upperclassman, both had 2 interviews, all situational based questions, everyone was very friendly and great to talk to.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you think you might struggle with?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you had to completely change your approach to a project   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had to work with someone you disagreed with   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you solved it   Answer Question

Target Protection Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenbelt, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Target (Greenbelt, MD) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online. I received a call about two weeks later. The lady asked me about two questions - why target and why this job - then scheduled me for an interview for the next day. The interview lasted about fifteen minutes with the department head of Asset Protection. It was an fairly easy interview with the normal interview questions and a few situational experience questions.

Price Accuracy Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Target (Manassas, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about three days later asking to do an interview. There were two parts of the interview. On the first, I was interviewed by a TL (Team Leader) in which she had a printed out packet of situational questions in which you are asked how you responded to/handled certain situations.

For the second part, I was interviewed by the ETL (Executive Team Leader). That part of the interview was pretty much just making sure I understood what the job entailed, what the pay rate was, and some more general questions about myself, my availability, etc. After that, I was taken to the TSC (Team Services Center, pretty much the HR office) and asked a couple questions and to sign a couple pieces of paper.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where your attitude affected the outcome of a situation?   Answer Question
    • If you were to ask past teachers, classmates, and bosses, how would they describe you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at Target?   1 Answer