Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.6

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview process was cool. It had lot of basic questions from data structures and logical reasoning. There were three people in the panel. The interview lasted for around an hour or so. The interview started with my final sem Computer science project. After the technical interview, I had HR round. There was no salary negotiation as I'm hired as a fresher through On Campus placement.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find whether a string is Palindrome.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Application

Interview

It was 3 round interview. First was technical where most of questions were easy and it wasn't coding.
    Second round was the firing round for me. It lasted 1 hour and everything was basically asked, right from my projects to my interests. Last round was HR and it was a formality round.

Application

Interview

I was hired in on-campus placement. Since I had good GPA, I had direct HR interview. I mentioned DBMS as my area of interest, but questions were asked on all the areas.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very straightforward - normalization, memory used by variables of different datatypes, OOP concepts, etc   1 Answer

Application

Interview

It was on campus hence pretty straight forward. I was one of the herd of students and they asked text book questions. Lasted for hardly 15 mins. Just stay calm and answer confidently - you should be able to clear it. Provided you are taking an on campus interview

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The Interview process took place in 3 rounds (or 2 rounds for some people). 2 rounds were Technical Interviews and one round was an HR interview. It was only 1 round of Technical Interview for some people.

Interview Questions

• They asked most people about the projects they have done.   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 3 round
    1.Technical
    2. Managerial
    3.HR

It was not easy to get through the tech and managerial rounds as they ask you about anything and everything from the bachelors degree.
    I cleared everything pretty easily as i was a code geek they asked me to write 5 programs in 5 mins.The programs are pretty much easy and i took only 3 mins.
    The managerial round was the only thing that i felt a bit tough just because we never experienced anything like that before.
    I will share one of HR question..I told my Hobby as Painting and Sketching ..the question goes as follows...

Interview Questions

• Draw / Sketch a picture that depicts you in just 2 mins??   1 Answer

Assistant Systems Engineer - Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

The interview was an easy one. There were three rounds, 2 technical and 1 HR round. Interview took place at university and all the three rounds were on the same day

Interview Questions

• They pretty much asked asked about all programming languages such as C, C++, SQL, HTML   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The interview duration was 45 min .it consist of behavioural interview questions and some technical questions related to computer software developement. there were some surprise scenario problem solving related to computer networks.

Interview Questions

• trick questions related computer networks and java programming   Answer Question

Negotiation

Are you willing to anywhere in India

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Interview

The interview was simple. As I was not from a computer science background I was asked only fewer questions. They inquired about the projects I did. I had done about 4 different projects so my interview prolonged as I had to explain them all the projects. They were convinced to hire me when I finished the interview.

Application

Interview

The interview is of four steps.
    1.Written Exam of Multiple choices of 25 questions.(To clear this, there will be a cut off)
    2.Technical Interview on resume and basics of C language
    3.Managerial Round on situational questions
    4.HR interview on personality and commitment

Negotiation

No negotiations