Tata Consultancy Services Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Aptitude -> TI -> MR -> HR

Day 1 : Aptitude Round

Day 2:
1. Technical (TI)
2. Managerial Review (MR)
3. HR

Aptitude Round has two parts
1. Quants - 10th Level of Math + Probability, Lots of Time and Work
2. Verbal - Email Writing

Interview Questions

• TI/HR

1. OOPS Concepts
    2. Project
    3. SQL Commands
    4. If not TCS, what else?
    5. What are the latest trends?

HR

1. Tell me something NOT on your resume
    2. General questions (About yourself)
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Assistant Systems Engineer-trainee Interview

Application

Interview

Company visited college for placements.Presentation was followed by aptitude test.I was exempted from the aptitude exam because of my high pointer.There were 2 rounds of interviews.First round was by panel consisting of 2 interviewers.Basic questions.Run through the CV.2nd round - Told me mistakes in my resume.Asked about my family background.

Interview Questions

• Why TCS if you are doing Mechanical Engineering? Most probable question   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

The process was simple was asked basic questions and what I had done throughout my engineering what things I am interested in I was also offered a sandwich which I declined swiftly

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. There are four rounds , aptitude, technical, management, hr round. In each round they quiz you upon your resume and its contents. The aptitude round was pretty generic with puzzles and questions you would find in a rs agarwal type of book. Verbal round was bundled with the Aptitude round which contained a 10 minute timed email writing section in which certain keywords were provided which had to be used in order to complete the question successfully.

Interview Questions

• Which language is your preference and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was nom existent . As I was a fresher and TCS had made it clear that the compensation package was non negotiable

Application

Interview

1st round- aptitude test consisting of quant section for an hour and email writing for 10 mins. Prepare for the aptitude test well. TCS' aptitude test has a good level. Don't underestimate it.
    TCS has green channel for 70%+ in MU. You just have to give a 10 mins email writing test in that case.
    2nd round- Tech interview. Coming from electronics background, they just asked me about my projects.
    3rd round- Managerial round. Surprisingly, here I was asked some questions on electronics.
    4th round- HR. Consisted of some personal questions and also questions on relocation. Please research about the company. I was asked who the chairman of tata group is and also who is the CEO of TCS.

Interview Questions

• 1.Tell us something about yourself?
      2.Explain your final year project
      3.Which programming language do u know?
      4. Why IT?
      5.Tell us about your hobbies?
      .Are you willing to relocate?
      1 Answer

Application

Interview

The interview was easy from technical point of view. A simple program asked. I think ,importance was given to our opinions and views about team work and management. No issues expected if you answer positively, and logically. And some questions based on your resume. It was overall easier than other companies I guess.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to print Name, Address and DOB on entering numbers 1, 2, 3, etc   Answer Question

Assistant Systems Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Panvel (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Panvel (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Had to go through three interview rounds after giving a aptitude test. The apt-test was based on negative marking for each wrong attempt. The interview rounds were of three types: Technical Interview, Managerial Interview and HR Interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations. Packages were fixed.

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

IT was less technical and more behavioral. I had three rounds of interview, 1 technical and 2 behavioral. The first round was technical where basic coding questions were asked which were mainly C programs. The second round was managerial where behavioral questions were asked. The third round was where senior management asked critical thinking questions followed by salary discussions. Being confident and showing a passion for the job helps.

Interview Questions

• What is the one thing you would like to change about the education system   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

I am from core engineering (Production/Industrial) branch & I applied through Campus Recruitment Drive of TCS in September 2014 . It was 2 day process. On the day -1 , there was company presentation which was proceeded by Aptitude Test . Aptitude Test consisted of 30 questions with negative marking and Letter Writing as Verbal Test as a separate section. In the afternoon , the students were short-listed based on performance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself .   Answer Question
    • What are the subjects you studied in your semesters and which is your favourite subject ?   Answer Question
    • Technical (TR): 1) What all design considerations would you make if you want to design a pen which is not available in the market?
      2) How will you design a Boiler ?
      3) The refrigerator we use in our houses works on which principle in Thermal Engineering ?
      4) Can you draw a circuit diagram of Regenerative circuit in Fluid Mechanics ?
      Managerial (MR): 1) Are you willing to travel anywhere / able to relocate ?
      2) How will you convince your team members in your project about your ideas and will you consider their ideas ?
      HR :1) What are your hobbies ?
      2)How did you cope up with difficult situation in your life ?
      3) Was asked to do a task related to my hobby .
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Status : Selected
      Answer Question

Application

Interview

the interview was based on the coding skills, it was from campus placement , minimum criteria is 60% aggr throughout the semesters, Aptitude was challenging and has negative marking , so be prepared in basic concepts of work distance ur quants and analytical skills
    Interview was easy and hr was a piece of cake