Tata Consultancy Services Associate Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 10, 2017

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Noida (India)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was selected through Code Vita 2017. I solved two questions and on the basis of that, I was called for the interview. The interview starts in the cafeteria of TCS, where multiple interviews are going on. A brief introduction was given by the talent acquisition team about the TCS and after that interview process was started. My first was the technical interview which was not good, I could not give most of the answers, then again my second interview was there, that went pretty well I answered almost every question. After that my managerial interview happened which was ok ok. And then my final HR interview happened which was also pretty well.
Everything is luck based, they will ask you about one specific language be it java, c, c++, python whichever language you are good at. Whatever code you had done in the code vita will be asked along with the logic and some basic engineering subjects related questions were too asked.
In managerial they check your academic background, your weaknesses and strength and they will try to twist you around in the answer which you have given, so think and answer very properly
In HR basic HR questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• code's logic, SDLC, basic java questions and project related questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

After the eligibility test there were a total of three interview rounds:
    1. Technical round: two middle age male interviewees, chilled out. After a little intro, they asked me to tell my fav. subject. I said networking as I was well prepared on thus topic. They asked around 10 questions on this topic, and I was able to answer around 8 of them.
    Then they asked to write the code for Fibonacci series and to print first n prime numbers.
    Lastly there was a riddle, an easy one, solved it.
    [Went well]

2. HR Interview: one old female interviewee.
    She was very cool and fun to talk with (a common trait in all HRs), asked me to share some of my personal experiences. (hint: leadership and team work examples ;-))
    [Good]

3. Personal Interview: one middle age male interviewee.
    It was pretty late by that time as I was among the last ones to be interviewed and he was in a hurry to get over with it, I guess. As soon as I entered the room he asked me to tell two of my traits for which he should select me. I said team work and integrity, he said good and told me to leave.
    [Quick]

Final Verdict: Selected

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

Its consisted of an aptitude test, which was of average level. Then we had a technical round where u also had to explain about your projects, and had basic questions of your core subjects. Followed by MR n a HR round. The whole process took one whole day. 200+ students were selected.

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in October 2014.

Interview

good experience but not selected
    C (/ˈsiː/, as in the letter c) is a general-purpose, imperative computer programming language, supporting structured programming, lexical variable scope and recursion, while a static type system prevents many unintended operations. By design, C provides constructs that map efficiently to typical machine instructions, and therefore it has found lasting use in applications that had formerly been coded in assembly language, including operating systems, as well as various application software for computers ranging from supercomputers to embedded systems.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kozhikode, Kerala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kozhikode, Kerala (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

campus selection

Interview Questions

Negotiation

campus placement

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Hyderabad (India)) in August 2012.

Interview

We had a iq test and later a tech interview and a hr interview which was quite easy. Confidence and communication skills are thoroughly checked. All the interviewers are quite knowledgable

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation fixed pay

Associate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2011.

Interview

it was ok they just asked the basics