Tata Consultancy Services Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Tata Consultancy Services Associate Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services.

Interview

I was placed in my final year of the college. The interview process was very smooth. 2 rounds of interview one was technical and other was HR. TCS has given the presentation in the morning and then they asked for aptitude test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Tata Consultancy Services

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

I got recruited from my campus. I had to go through 3 rounds of interview
    1. First there was an Aptitude test(Online): simple problem solving analytically questions
    2. Technical Interview (Standard questions)
    3. HR interview( Behavioral round)

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services in January 2012.

Interview

One aptitude test (I had more than 75% so I did not give that) and then an interview round with HR and technical person sitting together. Was easy and the results were given the same day. The offer letter came in a months time. The aptitude test was easy as I was told and the interview is just some general questions about yourself and one or two technical questions that are very basic.

Interview Questions

• Q. My weakness
      Q. Are you motivated
      Q. Simple java or C code   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It started with an aptitude test. LOD was moderate with negative marking.
    Around 50% were shortlisted from Aptitude round and had to go through technical and HR interview.
    Technical consisted of basic DBMS concepts and Projects mentioned in my resume.
    HR consisted of generic questions like your strengths and weaknesses etc.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bhopal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bhopal (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

First round was aptitute and email writing.
    I cleared this round.
    Next round was technical and MR simulatenously.
    I also cleared this round.
    Final round was HR round.
    They asked basic questions about myself and family background.
    Interview was not so tough, but i dont know why, i wasn't in the final selection list.

Interview Questions

• In technical round, they asked my introduction, about my project, my hobbies.
      One question was interesting. They asked me what would i do, after going home.
      HR round was concentrated about me. My family, location contrainst.
      Also they asked me a puzzle of 5x5 matrix, which was average, and i guess i solved it correctly.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chengannur (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Chengannur (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a campus selection at College of Engineering Chengannur. We were informed well in advance and there was a pre placement talk by TCS. There was an online aptitude exam which was bit difficult to get through. Then there were 3 rounds of interviews: technical, management and HR

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bhubaneswar (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Bhubaneswar (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

firstly, written round where in the screening takes place followed by two rounds of interviews.the written round was time taking though one would be able to answer with some goos quant practice. one technical nterview in which questions where basic level followed by HR round just to discuss the location issues if any and certificate verification.

Interview Questions

• i put machines to be of my interest on resume. so questions where mostly from electrical machines which anyone could answer with some basic knowledge.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Mumbai (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

Mine was a campus placement drive.
    All the students who had CGPA over 6.5 were eligible.
    Green zone for students with 7.9 and above cgpa,email writing and PI.
    1. Aptitude round - Quantitative aptitude,reasoning , Email writing.
    2. Personal Interview.
    Focus on coding skills. If you are not from an IT background. Algorithms may be asked. They wanna test your problem solving abilities.

Interview Questions

• You are from a mechanical background,why have you applied for IT industry and profile ?   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Kolkata (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

I had cleared the first round of Codevita (All India TCS coding competition), so I was selected for direct interview. Most of the questions asked for me was related to coding and OOP.

Interview Questions

• Programs to invert the string, sum of all prime nos. less than given number, given number to roman format. Basic SQL queries using JOIN, and GROUPBY. Basic questions on inheritance polymorphism etc.   Answer Question

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Pune (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite simple. Included an aptitude test followed by a technical interview and an HR interview.
    Aptitude test touched on basic English and arithmetic topics in multiple choice format.
    Technical and HR interviews were conducted one after the other in the same complex.

Interview Questions

• Technical interview touched on basic algorithms like shortest path, knapsack, etc. Also asked about queues and linked lists.   Answer Question