Tata Consultancy Services Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Recruiting Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

The organization identified my resume from a resume database. I was contacted by a recruiter that works for Tata off site. I had an hour long telephone interview with the off site (internal) recruiter. She explained the role as a newly created position in a heavily matrixed environment working on very manual systems; however, in describing the opportunity it sounded like an exciting prospect to be able to build something and join the organization in a newly created role. The recruiter was very professional and really piqued my interest in the opportunity and the organization. I then proceeded to the "In office" interview stage with the Manager - Reporting and Data Analytics, Practice Coordinator and Managing Partner of the Consulting Practice. I spent about an hour with the Manager and Practice Coordinator and about 45 minutes to an hour with the Managing Partner. There was a lot of discussion about the company itself but not about the expectations or deliverables.

Interview Questions

• The initial phone conversation with the internal off site recruiter was very positive. She clearly enjoys her role and the organization and that added to the excitement of speaking to the team for the in person interview. We talked for over an hour and I was left with a positive impression about the opportunity going forward to the next step.

Unfortunately, the on site experience was not as positive. Lots of questions about working on Excel and (presumably) outdated or not properly configured systems that don't necessarily talk to each other. How involved were you in any kind of ATS or HRIS implementation/requirement gathering for a new system? They have decided on a new system but have not implemented yet. Could you handle this with minimal support.

A lot of questions and discussion about working on manual systems and providing fast accurate results despite not having the tools. What is your approach given that situation etc. Questions about gaining consensus with groups or individuals that don't necessarily want to partner and working in a matrix reporting structure. Questions about relationship development (again with those that might not be especially keen on partnering) and working with individuals from other/varied cultures.

Very small office with 6 or so people. My impression was the team was very intimidated by the local leadership with whom I met. The impression I had was the small team was walking on eggshells abd there was a nervous energy when discussing working with local leadership.

What exactly they wanted done was very vague. I did not get straightforward answers to my questions about performance measurement, specific expectations, what success looks like at 30, 60, 90 days. I would also note that one interviewer in particular was a bit rude. I said I was looking forward to hearing more about the role and he answered "That's obvious." Interviewer also consistently checked his watch especially when I asked questions about specifics regarding the role.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

Met on campus for a two part interview. Originally, my interview was for a software developer position but, after HR reviewed my resume and background felt that I would be a better fit as a business analyst. The HR questions were first. Most had to do with how I would handle different work situations both as an individual and in a team environment. The technical questions focused on the programming, courses, and projects listed on my resume. Both interviewers were very nice and answered my questions thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• I had always taken the lead on almost every project I have ever worked on. They wanted to know if there was ever a time I hadn't and how I handled it.   1 Answer

Deskside Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in November 2013.

Interview

Skype, interview with HR in India. They asked several questions, a few where knowledge based. The interview was pretty painless. However the process was painful, as it took months to hear back.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a network adapter issue?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was a pleasant experience as they offered me more money than I requested.

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus Career Fair - Are you familiar with J2EE?
    Campus HR Interview - College Course Experiences (45 minutes)
    Onsite Interview - Talk about TATA group and later did a 1:1 interview asking for Preferred Locations to work in(5 minutes)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you handled people you worked with? College course Experience?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Service Delivery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a lengthy and interactive plus interesting process. They try to cover all angles like from Personal to Professional to hobbies to social work to other areas. I had a fun time with my interviewer. Very professional yet kind and considerate.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview Questions

• Java , J2EE, ITIL, Technical , HR rounds were conducted on phone and skype. Questions were difficult. Not very easy. Technical , HR rounds were conducted on phone and skype. Questions were difficult. Not very easy. not very difficult to crack, offered a good position. Technical , HR rounds were conducted on phone and skype. Questions were difficult. Not very easy. not very difficult to crack, offered a good position. Technical and job related questions were more and HR questions were less   Answer Question

good

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

1 technical round - comprised of a phone call and one on one with the team. Discussed work place and met some team members
    1 mangerial round - was asked some behavioural questions and about my past experience
    and a HR round - regarding the salary and benefits and regarding bonus

Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Tata Consultancy Services (Atlanta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

2 Level of interview
    1) HR- Visa status , Past profile and work attitude
    2) Team Leads - Technical and Domain questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Check with other Indian consulting companies on Salary. Bonus is based on company performance and not reliable. Go for high Base salary.